ADVERTISEMENT

Four 40 point wins so far

sound defect

Blue Chip Prospect
May 7, 2009
How many 40 point wins did our all time best teams have? This has to be toward the top.

If we win it all this year, this team is going down as the greatest UK team of all time. No one will remember the close games, we'll be talking about all of the blowouts 20 years from now.

I see one more shot at another 40 point win in regular season and that's v AU in Rupp.
The Quaterfinals of the SECT and the 1st rd of the NCAAs may be 2 more so that totals 7.

If that happens it would be more 40 point blowouts than 96 and 12 combined!
eek.r191677.gif

40 point games are tough to get. I see the 96 team had quite a few 38 and 39 pointers. Close but no cigar.

I may try to research and see what the record is. I'm bored and wide awake tonight.

1994/95 had 4 games over 40.
1992/93 had 3 games over 40.

Back in the day teams of note:

1946/47 had 10 games won by over 40.
1947/48 had 6 games won by over 40.
1948/49 had 6 games won by over 40.
1950/51 had 4 games won by over 40.
1951/52 had 11 games won by over 40.
1953/54 had 5 games won by over 40.

The amazing thing is this team even seems to cut the other team some slack usually. Tonight they couldn't help but win by as many as they did. They were a good 60 points better tonight than Missouri had they wanted to be. Could have done the same thing to Montana State. KU could have been a 40 point game. UCLA could have been 60. UK took it really easy on them. When this team plays like it did tonight the only way to not win by 40 or 50 would be to put the walk-ons in with about 12 to go.

Originally posted by crawfords corner:
The amazing thing is this team even seems to cut the other team some slack usually. Tonight they couldn't help but win by as many as they did. They were a good 60 points better tonight than Missouri had they wanted to be. Could have done the same thing to Montana State. KU could have been a 40 point game. UCLA could have been 60. UK took it really easy on them. When this team plays like it did tonight the only way to not win by 40 or 50 would be to put the walk-ons in with about 12 to go.
Honestly, that is why the Platoons are so nice. The kids that come in with 6-8 minutes left are still pushing it because it is still only their 10th to 12th minute and they need to put good material on tape still and they know they really only have 2-4 more minutes to do so. It keeps them engaged, so the scores tend to balloon.

From this fact alone I think Cal should keep them platooning, at least partially. That is how they were taught to think and it appears that when they know there isn't a hook they are out of sorts. For better or worse I think the platoons are here to stay because that is their mindset and it affects how they approach each game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT