ADVERTISEMENT

Former UK D-Line Coach Jimmy Brumbaugh fired at Tennessee

Pruitt bitched about their lack of a pass rush on his coach's show.
UK threw the ball 15 times and more then half we’re read option throws and or quick hits that all the DL can do is try to knock down passes in those situations

if your mad at the DL coach maybe it is UK running down their throats (but news flash they won’t be the last team we cram it to)

if I was UT coach I’d be wondering why we decide to throw the ball like Hal Mumme when the run game snd play action were much better and safer options Saturday

Your defense gave up 20 points. Your offense gave up 14. We aren't UT-Chattanooga. You probably have a different problem.

Those trash probably did this just so they could pitch suspected betrayal to recruits as an explanation for "what happened" to allow such calamity.

Isn't it unusual to fire an asst coach during the season? I don't recall that ever happening before. It's probably happened here but I can't recall off the top of my head.

Reactions: sambowieshin
When you go through 11 assistants in 29 games, that's a good indication there's a problem at the top.

Grumpy said when Pruitt was hired there would be issues. I like it when they have turmoil. Seems though that Program will go to great lengths to keep their name in the News. They really don’t care just that people are talking about Tennessee Football. One could say it’s great marketing, while another could say it’s Short Penis Syndrome

When you go through 11 assistants in 29 games, that's a good indication there's a problem at the top.
Wow...i had not realized that many assistants have come and gone in 2 years and few games. Who are all the assistants that have left..and were they fired or got better gigs (Like Neal Brown with Stoops)

Am hoping that UT football continues to implode. If that happens, I see them losing some commitments from their top ten recruiting class. Since UK and UT cross paths so much in recruiting, I'm encouraged that we might be able to flip a couple of guys from the UT class. Seems weird using the term "class" and "UT" in the same sentence!

Last edited:
Fulmer is probably on the prowl for Pruitt's replacement. Odd how they recruit so well but develop so bad, maybe they can take some pointers from Coach Stoops & his staff, they seem to be able to develop talent just fine.

Fulmer is probably on the prowl for Pruitt's replacement. Odd how they recruit so well but develop so bad, maybe they can take some pointers from Coach Stoops & his staff, they seem to be able to develop talent just fine.
Fulmer set this up really nicely.

Hired Pruitt for a discount, didn't have to spend big money. Then was able to hire a bunch of high priced assistants. He got a staff that could recruit top notch talent. He's letting them develop these guys and build depth through some tough times.

So he doesn't want to just dump a staff and start over...he then can name himself interim HC and then HC. Keeps the staff and recruits in place. Lets Pruitt get the heat during the rebuild as he moves in and inherits that talent and staff. The results will probably be better, then he can have a few good years and retire on his own terms.

He wants to be a UT legend...but he was forced out. Don't doubt he does this...

Hired Pruitt for a discount, didn't have to spend big money. Then was able to hire a bunch of high priced assistants. He got a staff that could recruit top notch talent. He's letting them develop these guys and build depth through some tough times.

So he doesn't want to just dump a staff and start over...he then can name himself interim HC and then HC. Keeps the staff and recruits in place. Lets Pruitt get the heat during the rebuild as he moves in and inherits that talent and staff. The results will probably be better, then he can have a few good years and retire on his own terms.

Didn't Fulmer double cross Majors? I don't remember. His ethics are questionable at best.

You don’t fire a coach after 4 games unless you absolutely hate each other.
Pruitt appears to be someone that would be easy to hate. Maybe hate is too strong, but would be hard to work for.

He is trying to be Nick Saban, but doesn't have that kind of credibility to go nuts on his assistant coaches, and especially the game officials.

His red neck was shining Saturday.

Pruitt appears to be someone that would be easy to hate. Maybe hate is too strong, but would be hard to work for.

He is trying to be Nick Saban, but doesn't have that kind of credibility to go nuts on his assistant coaches, and especially the game officials.

His red neck was shining Saturday.
Make no mistake, Fullmer runs the show there, Pruitt was hired out of desperation after numerous better qualified coaches turned Phat down after seeing the handwriting on the wall. And Phat's already been gigged for on-field coaching. They tried to make a big a big deal about hiring ex-UT player/ex-UK asst away from USC but Martin had already had his duties curtailed by USC and was on the cusp of being fired. And if you've seen pics of Martin lately....let's just say he must be first in line at the buffet. Further, OC Jim Chaney (another buffet lover BTW), is a has been retread. That program is in trouble...couldn't happen to a better bunch.

Our D line sucked when he was here from 2013 - 2016.
But in all honesty, he wasn't given much to work with during that time. You could say the offensive line wasn't great during those years either, but it was more about scheme/talent than line coaching.

But once Elliot was relieved of defensive play-calling duties, things improved dramatically.

Man! That there is some grade A conspriracizing r

But in all honesty, he wasn't given much to work with during that time. You could say the offensive line wasn't great during those years either, but it was more about scheme/talent than line coaching.

But once Elliot was relieved of defensive play-calling duties, things improved dramatically.
DJ Elliot had our line to hold their ground and react. When Matt House took over I think our Dline was cut loose a little more to attack. We have stayed in this mode thank goodness. Our line seemed to be better under Leblanc but I also think the head coordinator are using a better scheme!!

Reactions: THE_OAK
The arrogance of that program is something else. I know that they have a proud tradition, but it's kind of hilarious that every time they lose to a decent program (but one that is not a powerhouse), they think someone needs to be fired.

Also, of all of the problems taht I saw with UT on saturday, DL wasn't one of them. Their QBs suck. Their running backs are decent but nothing to write home about. Their OL, for all of the hype, was poor. Their secondary has left wide open gaping holes in the middle of the field during every game this year. Very odd choice.

I'm not sure about the defensive side of the ball, but when Curry was here we had 6 offensive coordinators in 7 seasons and a revolving door of assistants that came and left with those coordinators. It as as much about money as it was results but you can't run a program like that and expect to win.

I guess there's something to be said about making a change as soon as you know it's not going to work but I think it shows a poor leader who didn't do his due diligence in the hiring process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT