ADVERTISEMENT

Forde stunned that Crean is fired

Mojocat

All-American
Jan 29, 2003
really want someone to ask Pat Forde why he thought IU hiring Crean was "a home run", while UK hiring Cal was "an April Fool's joke". And to further ask him if he's that much of a dumbass why should anyone ever listen to anything he says about college basketball?

Fair and relevant questions.

10hPat Forde‏ @YahooForde
Indiana has fired Tom Crean. Absolute stunner.

Reactions: blubo and Deli owl
really want someone to ask Pat Forde why he thought IU hiring Crean was "a home run", while UK hiring Cal was "an April Fool's joke". And to further ask him if he's that much of a dumbass why should anyone ever listen to anything he says about college basketball?

Then he's even more of an idiot than I thought he was. How anyone could think Crean shouldn't be fired, is beyond me.

Reactions: Deli owl
That home run hire was an inside the park attempt in which he was thrown out at home plate. I would love for crean to end up in the sec where coaches have failed at bigger programs except for a few like frank Martin, cal and Andy Kennedy. I'm sure I'm leaving a few out but too tired to think. Bruce Pearl, Avery Johnson, rick Barnes, amongst others

I can't believe that Forde actually gets paid money...it's baffling...

This ^^^^. How does someone as utterly incompetent and biased get such a job? He must have blackmail material or be someone important's bastard son... Intelligence, character, common sense, integrity, or sports knowledge must not be a requirement cause Forde has none of either.

Reactions: howercat
Forde is an AGENDA DRIVEN sports writer. EVERY piece he writes is polluted with his personal connections, biases, vendettas and egotistical blather!!

He should be IGNORED by any knowledgable basketball fan, especially UK fans, he HATES us, our coach and our whole program.

By NEVER responding to his foolishness, you will make him even more irrelevant than he already is. The #BBN is the DRIVING FORCE of NCAA Basketball, make him pay for his open hatred of UK by paying ZERO attention to him in ANY way!!

Hope I was clear with my opinion of Mr. Forde.:uzi::uzi::uzi::mad::mad::mad::chairshot::chairshot::chairshot:

Last edited:
I would be stunned too. I mean, in 9 years Tom Crean posted these amazing stats:

166-135 record overall (55.1%)
71-91 in the Big 10
4-9 in the Big 10 tournament
7-4 in the NCAA tournament (4 appearances) and never making it past the sweet sixteen
0-1 in the NIT

How can you let this guy go?

JB

He's one of the best college sportswriters (maybe sportswriters, period) out there ... but my man has some weird takes from time to time.

I was a little bit surprised Indiana pulled the trigger this year given all the injuries, but the writing was on the wall.

Reactions: kyboy1998
He's one of the best college sportswriters (maybe sportswriters, period) out there ... but my man has some weird takes from time to time.

I was a little bit surprised Indiana pulled the trigger this year given all the injuries, but the writing was on the wall.
He actually is an excellent writer, one of the best really. His Courier Journal days made him too intimately connected to our local interest. His years of local UK, UL and Indiana coverage gave him built in bias and it prevents him from credibly writing about any of the three.

IU is not an elite program. They cannot recurit even the best players in Indiana. Times have changed, so in a way, is Crean good for the "new" IU......an average or slightly above average player. Forde just cannot accept that there has been more off the court issues at both IU and UofL several times over than at UK since Caliprai has been hiried. Same if you apply it to schools like UNC, Syracuse, etc. It makes him so made!!!!!

IU is not elite, they were when Bobby Knight was there. But that is why UK claims the most elite program, we are not defined by just one coach, we have several coaches that have won titles, no other school has more than two....we have TRUE winning tradition

Reactions: wildcatwelder
I would be stunned too. I mean, in 9 years Tom Crean posted these amazing stats:

71-91 in the Big 10
7-4 in the NCAA tournament (4 appearances) and never making it past the sweet sixteen
0-1 in the NIT

JB

166-135........

Complete fraud. Damn he made a shit load for nothing.

71-91 in the Big 10
0-1 in the NIT

JB

GIVE Cal his 2013 squad and We would of went back to back! Thats like having Jessica Beil spread out nude on your bed begging for you to please her and you cant even get your cloths off and you run away!! They should of won it all that year they were stacked pretty deep! Complete fail on Creans part! He really should of been fired after that season cause he wasnt ever going to see a team that good again! Most of his W's came from that season!

Like kyboy1998 said, Forde is a very good writer in terms of putting words and punctuation together, but has ZERO credibility when discussing teams in the CJ coverage area. He's too biased and lacks objectivity. This Crean take is moronic.

How can anyone be stunned?

Crean lost the fanbase the night they got beat at Michigan by 30. It was similar to an Alabama game Tubby's last year where we didn't score a point until 9 minutes to go in the first half or BCG's senior night debacle in 2009 in terms of straws that break the camel's back. When a coach loses the fanbase, he can't survive. I knew Crean was gone when they declined a home NIT game. The administration knew they were going to play on ESPN to a half full arena comprised of a bunch of unruly, pissed off fans.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Today Forde will be publishing an article of how Vandy is at the pinnacle of college basketball late-game strategy.

That's because pat knows nothing about sports let alone college basketball. His comments are purely idiotic. And the thing is that he isn't even trolling, he actually believes what he says.

IU is not an elite program. They cannot recurit even the best players in Indiana. Times have changed, so in a way, is Crean good for the "new" IU......an average or slightly above average player. Forde just cannot accept that there has been more off the court issues at both IU and UofL several times over than at UK since Caliprai has been hiried. Same if you apply it to schools like UNC, Syracuse, etc. It makes him so made!!!!!

IU is not elite, they were when Bobby Knight was there. But that is why UK claims the most elite program, we are not defined by just one coach, we have several coaches that have won titles, no other school has more than two....we have TRUE winning tradition
Slight correction.

Kansas and UNC have won (real NCAA Tournament) titles under 3 coaches. But both also claim Helms Titles so maybe that disqualifies them from a true winning tradition.

Does anyone have a

Does anyone have a link to the Forde article claiming "IU hiring Crean was 'a home run'" ?

Forde after learning the unfortunate news

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT