ADVERTISEMENT

Forde on Cliff Alexander/KU

Originally posted by yoshukai:
Originally posted by KA4Prez:
If true, what makes it any different than Marcus Camby?
Because it is stated as a "family member" . Marcus received his gift himself . The NCAA decided in the Cam Newton case that even if cash is given to the father , if the son says he didn't know , he will not be punished .
According to the ol' Phognet, Cliff's high school coach went to watch him play against TCU, said the kid just wasn't himself, so it seems like he knew. That was a week before the investigation started.
Guess that makes Bill Self a scumbag cheater, since Cliff is getting impermissible benefits.

Originally posted by UKErik:
KA4Prez, so you're saying agents care for nothing but themselves? Thanks for clearing that up
roll.r191677.gif
!

Of course, that's obvious. And as I mentioned, it is also on the person who may have taken something. All I'm saying is that when you come across a person who might need something (or just wants something), it's probably not that difficult to pray on them. If that happened, I hope the agents name becomes public and distributed to potential clients.

IMO, parents and the kids themselves need to know that while the agent himself might not be breaking any rules, the fallout from a kid screwing over his school could follow you for the rest of your life (just ask Camby).

GBB!!!

This post was edited on 3/6 12:30 AM by UKErik
The NBA holds the cards. Until theyre willing to punish agents meddling with amateurs, nothing will chance. It will always be sharks chasing their prey.

I just have a difficult time feeling sorry for a player or his family if they put themselves and their school/team in this position.They will only be in school for one year in most cases.I'm sure the school provides information on the need to avoid these types of issues and the kids are smart enough to get into colege so it is not something they cant understand.

There is plenty of recent history at KU(Arthur,McLemore and Selby to name a few) to suggest that KU is comfortable living on the edge of the rule book.The story says that the Alexander family has hired an attorney to represent them(probably a good idea)It will be interesting to see how that plays out,as long as the interests of the family and KU are the same things will go well but in the event that those interests take different paths things could get messy,

When were these benefits(if there were any) received?When did KU become aware of a possible problem?

It's laughable to think that Cliff didn't know about any cash to his parents or didn't receive some trickle down benefit.

Of course, it's also laughable to think that Ben McLemore's cousin wasn't just a go-between in funnelling money to Ben and his family. That's what we're supposed to believe though.

You have to evaluate the relationship with his dad. Cam Newton didn't have a relationship with his dad. Cliff's dad has been at the center of his son's career. It's a big difference. All the Camby situation did was stop anyone from giving something directly to a player. Giving it to a father when the son is right there with him is no different than giving it to the son.

Originally posted by Ky grandpa:
Nothing will ever happen to Kansas, we all know it just as the NCAA enforcement dept. would never do anything to any of there darling's. (Duke, UNCheat, KU)
Go BB
I agree 100%

It's amazing that alot of the top the recruits that we supposedly get beat for end up having NCAA issues. Definitely not a coincidence!

The thing that makes the UNC situation different is that dozens of players, especially in football and basketball, benefited from fake classes. The AFAM department also benefited by keeping its enrollment up. On campuses where money is tight that is a very big deal. With UMass, KU and the Cuse, it appears that, only individual players benefited and, the source of the benefits appear to be external. That should make a huge difference to the NCAA blind mice. I have doubts.

jackson, aurther, selby, mclemore, now alexander....guys, dont get excited. its ku....they are as renegade as it gets and no one cares.

Originally posted by Cefiro:
It's amazing that alot of the top the recruits that we supposedly get beat for end up having NCAA issues. Definitely not a coincidence!
Yeah, I have been thinking about this lately and I don't think it's a coincidence or just luck either. Cal is very straightforward with recruits about not guaranteeing PT, as well as the fact that they will be under a microscope at UK, and that it isn't for everyone. I think these guys that have gone elsewhere would not have worked out here anyway.

Re: Kansas under investigation

Sometimes a quick glance at this front page...

Re: Kansas under investigation

He's going to the draft and the lawyers will keep it tied up so not much will happen.

Originally posted by Willy4UK:
ec

Cliff's dad: "Yes! Bout to be paid!"

Edit: Look how nervous his dad is as he's reaching towards that Illinois hat. It's actually quite telling.
This post was edited on 3/6 6:35 AM by Willy4UK
He seriously honey dicked Illinois and their fans. I remember this; his dad looked disappointed, then relieved.

Originally posted by BostonCat2001:
jackson, aurther, selby, mclemore, now alexander....guys, dont get excited. its ku....they are as renegade as it gets and no one cares.
You hit the nail right on the head!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT