ADVERTISEMENT

For those who think....

cathouse

All-SEC
Dec 30, 2002
This NIL, Basketball School Cal spat, lack of support from Mitch for FB isn't affecting CMS....and those who think he would never leave UK
“There’s mutual interest between Auburn representatives and Kentucky head coach Mark Stoops,” Hokanson wrote on Auburn Live. “Stoops has built Kentucky into a solid SEC football program that produces NFL talent. Auburn Live believes while there is some interest from the Auburn side, there’s more interest from the Stoops side at the moment.”

Sounds like Sexton is shopping CMS around. Only CMS could have him doing so.

Also, auburn would eat stoops alive so I wish him well if he pulled that move. Stoops is a program builder and not a win now and win often coach. Plus half the people who post here seem to hate stoops anyway so I doubt they’d care

Reactions: sluggercatfan
10 yrs is a long time in one place. Might feel frustrated at not only NIL but the fact he has UK topped out, can't do better than 10 wins/2nd in division. Knoxville can instantly turn around and be a national power. Florida ought to be able to do the same unless Napier is incompetent.

Future looks dark for us. Soon not only 9 SEC games, but fewer yearly against Vandy/USCjr/Mizzou....while more against Bama/LSU/Oklahoma/Texas A&m.

The day Harsin was fired Bud Elliott on the CBS Cover 3 podcast brought up Stoops as a top candidate. I don't think he just said it randomly. Probably the story is making the rounds that Stoops is interested in a new challenge.

Would their new AD be interested, allegedly Kiffin is a top target. Stoops isn't flashy or exciting.

Love Stoops. If he goes to Auburn he will find out what it’s really like coaching in the SEC is like. 8-4 won’t cut it at Auburn. 9-3 won’t cut it at Auburn. Hell 10-2 won’t cut it at Auburn if one of your losses is to Bama. Don’t believe me ask Malzahn. Dude took them to a NC. Beat Bama 3 times wasn’t enough

Reactions: catben and gojvc
They are, I'm sure. Doesn't mean they will get their first or second choice. Could very easily fall to Stoops just like UT fell to Heupel.
It could, I think auburn can get sanders they have the money and alumni support, sanders can’t stay at Jackson state forever, eventually he will have to go up a level, auburn may not be the best start but it is a decent one

Love Stoops. If he goes to Auburn he will find out what it’s really like coaching in the SEC is like. 8-4 won’t cut it at Auburn. 9-3 won’t cut it at Auburn. Hell 10-2 won’t cut it at Auburn if one of your losses is to Bama. Don’t believe me ask Malzahn. Dude took them to a NC. Beat Bama 3 times wasn’t enough

Yeah, he wouldn't last very long there. Auburn likes some semblance of an offense as well.

I agree. But the next coach will face the same headwinds at UK that CMS is fighting.

Those things limit the field of replacements in hopes of getting a coach that can take one more step at UK.
I agree … sadly, I think Stoops took us to our ceiling. We could reach an NY6 bowl but that’s about it … which could be in the playoffs under the new structure. Our fans aren’t happy with that though, we have some that believe we can compete for a title and I don’t think that’s possible other than perhaps getting to the table

Reactions: Jont0805
I like Stoops, but If he leaves, he leaves, life will go on.
Do you have this mentality towards Cal?

a lot of people think Cal hung the moon and the program would fold if he left, but he hasn’t done anything that 4 other coaches have done at Kentucky.

if you are not one of those people cool, but it’s wild people would be ok with losing stoops who has done something no one in 70 years has done.

Yeah, poor Gus got fired and had to leave Auburn with about $22M buyout.

I am sure CMS wouldn't want that kind of pressure on him.

The reality is with the way Sexton is able to rape these CS AD's with these unbelievable contracts with huge buyouts, these coaches at those top schools are under little to no pressure to win.

What's the worst thing that can happen to them?
Get fired and walk out with a lifetime check for millions.
The trick is getting offered one of those gigs.

CMS and any other coach will jump at the chance and you would too.

Reactions: gojvc and The-Hack
Unfortunately doesn’t play a style a ball nor has the personality to raise money for NIL
May be time to cut bait here
East division getting ready to get real tough

Do you have this mentality towards Cal?

a lot of people think Cal hung the moon and the program would fold if he left, but he hasn’t done anything that 4 other coaches have done at Kentucky.

if you are not one of those people cool, but it’s wild people would be ok with losing stoops who has done something no one in 70 years has done.
I am that way for cal or any other coach or player. With that being said, I never said I want stoops to leave or for the school to not have the best chance to win, but I am a rational human being and I won’t be upset or sad if stoops leaves. I am a fan, but for me fanhood has limits especially in how much it impacts my life or joy of life

Reactions: Jont0805
This NIL, Basketball School Cal spat, lack of support from Mitch for FB isn't affecting CMS....and those who think he would never leave UK
“There’s mutual interest between Auburn representatives and Kentucky head coach Mark Stoops,” Hokanson wrote on Auburn Live. “Stoops has built Kentucky into a solid SEC football program that produces NFL talent. Auburn Live believes while there is some interest from the Auburn side, there’s more interest from the Stoops side at the moment.”

Sounds like Sexton is shopping CMS around. Only CMS could have him doing so.

According to AU's rivals site, top 3 in order are Kiffin, they think he will accept, next is Freeze, who they feel will also accept and 3 is Dan Lanning Oregon's head coach. Unless it's late today haven't seen Stoops mentioned in awhile, nor Prime. Not sure why the feel it's a great job, their big brother is the biggest big brother of them all, they depend on Georgia kids, but with so many schools now hitting Georgia hard they are the ones being affected. No idea if Stoops is considering a move. But AU would mean they missed on several guys.

Yeah, he wouldn't last very long there. Auburn likes some semblance of an offense as well.
Malzan ran a high school run offense there for 3 years and almost won a NC.

When you have athletes on OL like Auburn can recruit, you can win a lot of games. Gran coached Cadillac Williams and Ronnie Brown to an undefeated season in 2003 or 2004.

Stoops, Gran, and Cadillac make a lot of sense at Auburn. They love running the football ( see Cam Newton).

Last edited:
Reactions: The-Hack
According to AU's rivals site, top 3 in order are Kiffin, they think he will accept, next is Freeze, who they feel will also accept and 3 is Dan Lanning Oregon's head coach. Unless it's late today haven't seen Stoops mentioned in awhile, nor Prime. Not sure why the feel it's a great job, their big brother is the biggest big brother of them all, they depend on Georgia kids, but with so many schools now hitting Georgia hard they are the ones being affected. No idea if Stoops is considering a move. But AU would mean they missed on several guys.
I agree that it would have to fall to Stoops if their first 2-3 choices turn them down.
CMS is shopping or at least his agent is for him.

He would leave in a heartbeat for the right job, IMO. And, he is close enough to retirement, one good buyout would let him go happily into the sunset like his brother, Bob.

But the biggest reason for CMS to take the AU job, if offered, is the chance to get to the 12 team playoff and compete for a NC.

Which place do you think he has the better chance to do that, AU or UK.

Easy answer. AU.

Reactions: The-Hack

He’s not getting the Auburn job. But Jimmy Sexton is playing all of us like a fiddle. Like he does every year.

KSR football dorks on Twitter have had a couple tweets that make it seem like they’re hinting Stoops is open to leave. Maybe I’m reading too much into it. And maybe they wouldn’t know that unless Matt told them anyway. Probably just trying to get clicks

It could, I think auburn can get sanders they have the money and alumni support, sanders can’t stay at Jackson state forever, eventually he will have to go up a level, auburn may not be the best start but it is a decent one

According to Auburn's Rivals site Prime is out.

Their top 3 choices are

1. Lane Kiffin, they feel he will take if offered.

2. Huge Freeze who the feel is waiting to be offered and will accept.

3. Dan Lanning. Oregon's coach and former UGA DC. He is there because they think he can bring UGA's staff to AU.

Unfortunately doesn’t play a style a ball nor has the personality to raise money for NIL
May be time to cut bait here
East division getting ready to get real tough
Not for long. East division goes away after next year. No East-West, just one big bad conference. Top 2 teams will play for conference championship.

I could see Lane accepting that or declining it. I think there’s an argument each way for him.
I’d be a little surprised if Auburn offered Freeze given the scandals.
Lanning would be a fine hire. I would feel bad for Oregon tho lol

According to Auburn's Rivals site Prime is out.

Their top 3 choices are

1. Lane Kiffin, they feel he will take if offered.

2. Huge Freeze who the feel is waiting to be offered and will accept.

3. Dan Lanning. Oregon's coach and former UGA DC. He is there because they think he can bring UGA's staff to AU.
Kiffin vs saban iron bowl would be must see TV

Stoops is a good football coach, but he’s rattling cages right now all the Barnhart cronies are up in arms…

Stoops very well could be open to leaving. Problem will be finding a landing spot.

Probably would fit great at Nebraska. Keep Vince recruiting the Midwest. They aren't enamored with fancy high scoring offenses. The fans would love his toughness, hard work mantras.

One doesn't start at AU....Let alone, Sanders. He goes somewhere.
That’s a good point, but auburn is desperate so you never know, but auburn will probably hit kiffin or freeze. Georgia tech should offer sanders, they have nothing to lose and that would be another good place for him to start

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT