ADVERTISEMENT

For those who have seen both play: How does Travis Perry stack up to Reed ?

So, we are expecting to get Richmond as our 3? Not much talk about VJ Edgecombe? Looks like we have a good shot for him. Fland at the 1, Edgecombe at the 2 and Richmond at the 3 to go with Cyril at the 5 looks good on paper.

Reactions: G-PIP
So, we are expecting to get Richmond as our 3? Not much talk about VJ Edgecombe? Looks like we have a good shot for him. Fland at the 1, Edgecombe at the 2 and Richmond at the 3 to go with Cyril at the 5 looks good on paper.
Let’s bring in those guys with 2-3 great proven transfers who can shoot (All-Conference or maybe even All-American types) and a base of returning players for something like this:

C – Onyenso/Cyril

PF- Burks or Transfer/Burks or Transfer/a non-OAD freshman program
builder

SF- Thiero or Transfer/Thiero or Transfer/Richmond

2G- Dillingham or Transfer/Dillingham or Transfer/Hart

PG- Sheppard/Fland

** For those that say there is no chance Dillingham will play two years at UK, maybe replace him with Knox (although I believe he’ll be a better SF than 2G next season) or another rotational 2G option.

Here's some AAU highlights of Perry playing against guys he clearly isn't athletic enough to compete against. Lyon County lost by 1 point to Indiana 5A champion Indianapolis Cathedral the summer after Perry's sophomore year. That's when Cal offered.

Looks like he competed fairly well against all these "athletes". Some of you were saying the same thing about Reed a year ago, but now your hanging from his sack. I dont think he comes to UK from what Im hearing, but its a crying shame he isn't wearing Blue next year. Him and Reed would be the most popular backcourt in UK history and so much fun to root for. Lets go find another athletic point guard like Ashton Hagans, or Wheeler who cant shoot or hit layups. That's what we need!!

Perry's game is nothing Like Chris Lofton. Lofton was a cold blooded assassin with his shot. Perry is a straight up scorer. He cuts hard constantly moves and drives to the bucket extremely hard.
I would say Perry is a “cold blooded assassin “ with his shot also.

Reactions: UKortho
This kid is a player. Hope he signs with UK. Shooter who you can rely on when open.

My dream UK lineup in three years would have Sheppard, Perry and Jasper Johnson all playing together. Three great young players from Kentucky, playing for Kentucky at the same time. As it stands right now, it looks like Sheppard is the best "homegrown" talent we've had since Darius Miller.

Last edited:
Better watch out or he will get beat on by his coach.

Oh wait, he beats on women instead. I wouldn't want my son to play for a pos like that.
I get that perception. I KNOW the situation that got Beard in trouble and what you read in the paper isn't what happened. Public Perception isn't always reality.

My only disagreement is the "seems to just mean more" statement. I'm not sure he's even a UK fan.

It seems like a large portion of kids now don't even watch college basketball. The NBA is a lot more attractive to the younger crowd. I've heard interviews from elite players say that they don't even like watching basketball games, only highlights. It's probably the depleting attention span of the generation.
I’m just the opposite. I like college basketball but when it comes to the NBA I’ll watch highlights on ESPN and that’s about it. Of course I’m in my 60s and much older than the age group you are referring to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT