ADVERTISEMENT

For those interested, MJ doing a Twitter space 8pm

Nate, a big NIL Donor for both basketball and football, tried to talk tonight but technical difficulties. Will be on the show tomorrow to talk about donor perspective.

---Call/Spaces Ended----

Reactions: JFCats22
Is someone suggest cal " changes". they should be clubbed like a baby seal . That prick isnt changing . Wake up . You have to be brain dead to think hes going to change ... her just forfeited a shot at a national title over the starting lineup , and people think he up for change ? Good grief wake up
Nobody thinks that. That is what MJ is saying he's hearing will be said to Cal. That changes will have to be made and that he won't have carte blanche.

This is not a flip-flop. Since Thursday night when he started saying flat out that Cal needs to go, he’s always also said that he would always root for Kentucky to win every game regardless of what happens because he’s a fan. I think this is where most of us are.
Yep. I wanted Cal gone since Saint Peter's and he ain't changing. Always believed either this season or next would be his last anyway. One thing's for certain - just because he's still here (at the moment) doesn't mean in the late fall and dead of winter when there's not much going on anyway I'm going to boycott watching the team or hope they drop games. That's just silly and feels like self-punishment just because.

Mitch I am sure has been quite aware of the criticism constantly directed at him. I am also sure if the AthDep is floating any trial balloons that Jay has already been contacted, or Billy D etc.... This will not be a list and we get turned down one by one. MB likely since Thursday already has his choice.

Cal has been in Jersey? That is a significant tell right there.

IMO I think Mitch just waiting for the storm blow over. I feel pretty certain calipari coming back another year with even less offensive fire power we had this year. Matt jones seems flip flopping now. He has went from there’s need to be separation to “I will cheer for them to win every game if calipari comes back”. Either stick with your guns or don’t say anything at all.
Matt's stuck in between a barren landscape and greener pastures with all that fence riding.

Nobody thinks that. That is what MJ is saying he's hearing will be said to Cal. That changes will have to be made and that he won't have carte blanche.
And you think Cal is going to listen to someone ..anyone ..in UK Admin about how things are done on the court ? Do we care if he attends parades and kisses babies ? Gives more to charity ? Have Ellen bake the entire state cookies ? Have the daughters promise to shut up ? No Damn it .. he isnt changing for ANYONE !!! Surely no one believes hes going to change things on the court , the ONLY place it matters , is going to happen ? to quote " changes will have to me made " What ? Have more lottery picks ? That didnt work ? Legacy players ? that didnt work .. Dawgs. , Oh man to hear the cal crowd on here WE GOT DAWGS THIS YEAR .. that Aaron Bradshaw . he's a dawg , DJ was a dawg , blah blah blah .. Fire him or it's over . We wont be relevant for years .

And you think Cal is going to listen to someone ..anyone ..in UK Admin about how things are done on the court ? Do we care if he attends parades and kisses babies ? Gives more to charity ? Have Ellen bake the entire state cookies ? Have the daughters promise to shut up ? No Damn it .. he isnt changing for ANYONE !!! Surely no one believes hes going to change things on the court , the ONLY place it matters , is going to happen ? to quote " changes will have to me made " What ? Have more lottery picks ? That didnt work ? Legacy players ? that didnt work .. Dawgs. , Oh man to hear the cal crowd on here WE GOT DAWGS THIS YEAR .. that Aaron Bradshaw . he's a dawg , DJ was a dawg , blah blah blah .. Fire him or it's over . We wont be relevant for years .
No, nobody does think that, which has been said multiple times, but please continue ranting at no one in particular.

UK admin to Cal: You better do better, or else! We really mean it this time, young man!

Cal:

fake-tears-fake-cry.gif

This stuff from the UK admin might be the most hollow threat since Neville Chamberlain told Hitler to stop attacking European countries.

Chamberlain: "What do you mean, 'can you have Austria?' Of course you can't have Austria!"
(Hitler takes Austria).
Chamberlain: "Well, you can have Austria, but you better not take Czechoslovakia!"

(Hitler takes Czechoslovakia).

Chamberlain:
"Don't you dare take
Poland!"

Hitler:

200.gif

Bold of you to assume that POS hasn’t already blocked us all on Twitter 😂

Cal will be the head coach until the income drops ie donors dry up and seats at Rupp sit empty. Apathy kills programs. With what we have coming in so far next year and with expected departures, there is little chance of winning the SEC or making a deep run in the SEC or NCAA tournaments.

Obvious questions will be where scoring comes from without Mitchell, Reed, Dilly , DJ, Edwards and Reeves .

Is someone suggest cal " changes". they should be clubbed like a baby seal . That prick isnt changing . Wake up . You have to be brain dead to think hes going to change ... her just forfeited a shot at a national title over the starting lineup , and people think he up for change ? Good grief wake up
What did baby seals ever do to you?

If Cal leaves now without a big fight and either takes another job or agrees to a lesser buyout, I won't have lost all respect for him. I'll look back at his time here as a coach who did great things but the game passed him by and he left when he needed to. He helped leave UK in a position to succeed for the next guy. Anything else and he's moved to the Gillespie and Sutton trash pile.

Yep. I wanted Cal gone since Saint Peter's and he ain't changing. Always believed either this season or next would be his last anyway. One thing's for certain - just because he's still here (at the moment) doesn't mean in the late fall and dead of winter when there's not much going on anyway I'm going to boycott watching the team or hope they drop games. That's just silly and feels like self-punishment just because.

This is how I am.

If Cal is still here, I will still watch most of the games and want the team to do well. I don't hate Cal so much I want our team to suck to get rid of him. I just will no longer support the program financially until we have a new coach.

Reactions: Rockfly78
What you obviously can’t get through your thick skull is this:
paid pay day GIF
Money didn't motivate Jay Wright the other two times he turned us down. I'm not sure why it would this time unless he's hanging out with Shohei Ohtani's interpreter.

Reactions: dl51344
If Cal comes back and is forced to make changes (I don’t believe that) by someone telling him how to coach or who to hire, you can totally write next season off; nothing like internal strife to tear apart an office. Overall, this is the kind of crap you get when you have an AD who thinks he knows how important bball is to Kentuckians but deep down has no idea how much we love the sport. Even the comment about “microwave fans” when Joker was destroying what little momentum we were building in fball shows how little he cares about the fans. Dude’s not a Kentuckian, he’ll never get it.

Last edited:
What's that mean, are they going to make the players & coaches do situps or something?
Matt Jones and company will never give specifics. It’s always “The university is surprised” “ big donors” “changes will be made” yada yada yada. Some people are easy to control by throwing out vague accusations and claims backed up by nothing.

Mitch I am sure has been quite aware of the criticism constantly directed at him. I am also sure if the AthDep is floating any trial balloons that Jay has already been contacted, or Billy D etc.... This will not be a list and we get turned down one by one. MB likely since Thursday already has his choice.

Cal has been in Jersey? That is a significant tell right there.
He is staying away for awhile to let things cool down before returning. It is to hot right now in Lex. It has worked before and he may be right to think it will work again.

It's interesting though as Jay as publicly stated many moons ago he was done.
To me, Jay Wright is a pipe dream. Dude retired from his dream job, just as transfer/nil was kicking up. Why would he come back to a pressure cooker like UK when he didn't want the hassle of this stuff at a place where he was entirely comfortable/entrenched?

Yeah, Matt says that he's convinced changes will be part of it if Cal stays, and we all know Cal won't accept that, but if that is how it goes down, would they still owe teh buyout? Also, on that, MJ says the buyout is not a roadblock.
I can see this scenario turning into a resentful, bitter, adversarial situation as Cal agrees up front to all changes, then drags his heels and does whatever the hell he wants for another year

This is a major problem, how can those in charge be surprised that most want him gone? Do they not look at any social media over 5 years? Have they not noticed the ticket decline? The results speak for themselves. Why would anyone be happy?
Had this convo yesterday w/ my cuz...the only way all this comes as a surprise to cal is if he has early on-set dementia or the biggest ego in the history of the world. Either way, I can't abide him as our coach any longer

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT