ADVERTISEMENT

For those interested, MJ doing a Twitter space 8pm

Maybe he has something good. Could be worth a listen. Never understood the reason people get in threads to bash Matt and what he says. Don’t like it, stop listening?
Because most in here are as thin skinned as Cal. It’s an interesting dynamic.

IMO I think Mitch just waiting for the storm blow over. I feel pretty certain calipari coming back another year with even less offensive fire power we had this year. Matt jones seems flip flopping now. He has went from there’s need to be separation to “I will cheer for them to win every game if calipari comes back”. Either stick with your guns or don’t say anything at all.
He did stick to his guns. There needs to be a separation but I’m going to cheer for them to win regardless. I don’t understand why that doesn’t make sense.

Jay Wright would get the first phone call

After that it’s a total unknown but definitely includes Scott Drew

If Cal were to stay there would be “major changes”. 2-3 staff members replaced, Cal not operating as he has, there would be oversight of the basketball program, changes in roster would be required, etc…

The buyout matters but is not the issue that it was before after Mitch talked to some people.

"They days of UK BBall being on an island are over (if Cal returns)"

That could make Cal say eff it and leave.
This right here if they say Cal is going to have to start to run things differently then that might make him say I’m done here. That might be what they do so they don’t have to owe him any kind of money. This takes us back to the Tubby days when Mitch told him he had to change his assistant coaches. Then Tubby took off to Minnesota.

Reed nor any other players will have an impact on the decisions they make

This right here if they say Cal is going to have to start to run things differently then that might make him say I’m done here. That might be what they do so they don’t have to owe him any kind of money. This takes us back to the Tubby days when Mitch told him he had to change his assistant coaches. Then Tubby took off to Minnesota.

Hmm, that could be one way. Make the job so scrutinized and red-taped that Cal just doesn't want to bother. I didn't know this was something that the school or AD could really do... or maybe, to what extent they have this power. But still interesting.

I'd love it of the university said and did things like "We will sign off on starting lineups".

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Paraphrasing:

Cal has few supporters left outside of basketball office; everyone in relationship appears to be exhausted.

Matt surprised at the amount of big UK donors that are also just done and ready for change.
He’s wore thin on everyone but we’ve had people constantly tell us on here that it’s just us on a message board!

Why can’t people get it through their thick skulls Jay Wright retired when the portal and NIL became a thing.
He criticizes both all the tIme.

He sure still doesn't mind "working" for the sport though. All these changes he hates, and there he is in the booth watching players taking NIL and transferring 4 times over. Maybe after a few years, hes got the itch to get back in.

NIL can (and should!) be handled by someone else. The coach doesn't need to figure out which car dealership is going to throw $50k in for an autograph session. And I dont think a whole lot of players are going to transfer OUT of a Jay Wright/Kentucky situation. And if they are, it's because we just took IN a better transfer. Jay has to know NIL and transfers won't be the same type of issue at UK< as they would be at Villanova.

Yeah, Matt says that he's convinced changes will be part of it if Cal stays, and we all know Cal won't accept that, but if that is how it goes down, would they still owe teh buyout? Also, on that, MJ says the buyout is not a roadblock.

I don't care about peoples' politics. Not sure how you even find out about someone's political views anyway. I don't care if you're a lunatic lefty or righty - I'd have a beer with any of you (just don't talk politics because I can't stand it).
I’m a republican but I don’t talk about it much. I don’t like arguing over politics at all.

Decision will be made tomorrow night, we’ll know something on Tuesday.

UK has been surprised at how much desire there is for a change amongst donors, ticket holders, “the important people”.

Believes it’s slightly more likely than not that Cal is gone but would not be surprised at all if Cal returns.
This is a major problem, how can those in charge be surprised that most want him gone? Do they not look at any social media over 5 years? Have they not noticed the ticket decline? The results speak for themselves. Why would anyone be happy?

Why can’t people get it through their thick skulls Jay Wright retired when the portal and NIL became a thing.
He criticizes both all the tIme.
There's also zero proof he knows how to be successful with the portal and NIL. It took him a long time to build his system at Villanova and he's already 62. I really don't see the appeal.

Reactions: dl51344
There's also zero proof he knows how to be successful with the portal and NIL. It took him a long time to build his system at Villanova and he's already 62. I really don't see the appeal.
Because he can coach, if he doesn’t like it hire people that don’t mind it and let them take care of it. As an actual coach, he coaches a modern style and it works.

Is someone suggest cal " changes". they should be clubbed like a baby seal . That prick isnt changing . Wake up . You have to be brain dead to think hes going to change ... her just forfeited a shot at a national title over the starting lineup , and people think he up for change ? Good grief wake up

Matt jones seems flip flopping now. He has went from there’s need to be separation to “I will cheer for them to win every game if calipari comes back”. Either stick with your guns or don’t say anything at all.
This is not a flip-flop. Since Thursday night when he started saying flat out that Cal needs to go, he’s always also said that he would always root for Kentucky to win every game regardless of what happens because he’s a fan. I think this is where most of us are.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT