ADVERTISEMENT

Football recruiting sites

FHAZCat

Sophomore
Aug 29, 2007
I do not follow football recruiting. There are so many players and the individual player rankings are so bizarre I just never developed an interest. Today, though, I noticed the Rival and Scout rankings and one had UK ranked 32 in the team rankings and the other did not have UK ranked at all. Can someone give me a clue how such distinctly different rankings can occur? They both rank the same players, do they not?

They basically rank kids when they get their tapes. Honestly if a certain team9Big time program) gets a commitment, Rivals is more likely to get an evaluation or at least star rank them quickly and accurately. Its understandable, those certain high caliber programs have a greater demand.

Scout has been more on top of our commitments or give our staff more respect in their evaluation skills because scout has had us higher ranked the last two years, and by a large margin.

Originally posted by CatsFanGG24:
They basically rank kids when they get their tapes. Honestly if a certain team9Big time program) gets a commitment, Rivals is more likely to get an evaluation or at least star rank them quickly and accurately. Its understandable, those certain high caliber programs have a greater demand.

Scout has been more on top of our commitments or give our staff more respect in their evaluation skills because scout has had us higher ranked the last two years, and by a large margin.

Thanks. I know some people pay money to read "insider" information on recruiting. If the information is as difficult to understand as the public stuff, it must be a gross waste of money.

Scout Rankings usually come out earlier. ESPN's rankings are often skewed because they sponsor the Under-Armor All American game, so players invited to that game are ranked higher. Players recruited by high profile teams get boost and uncommitted players usually get a boost if they are 4* or higher. The sites like to make more drama by making it look like a top player is about to commit, which in-turn brings more traffic to their site. The higher ranked teams are easier to follow becaue the following is much larger. There is less information on UK football recruiting because there is not as much interest.

Originally posted by thenamerobdigity:
Scout Rankings usually come out earlier. ESPN's rankings are often skewed because they sponsor the Under-Armor All American game, so players invited to that game are ranked higher. Players recruited by high profile teams get boost and uncommitted players usually get a boost if they are 4* or higher. The sites like to make more drama by making it look like a top player is about to commit, which in-turn brings more traffic to their site. The higher ranked teams are easier to follow becaue the following is much larger. There is less information on UK football recruiting because there is not as much interest.

Thanks, it is easy to understand how a player of Randall Cobb's talent can be, somewhat, over looked. There are just so many names and players who are ranked 2001 at their position that it is mind boggling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT