ADVERTISEMENT

Folks.....buckle up and get ready

ESPN says we have a 97% chance of making the tournament. You guys throwing in the towel because we lost a road game to a top 10 team as a 10 point dog? If we lose at home, call me - otherwise the NIT stuff is wishful thinking....
What's your number because we have lost at home a few times this year

We have lost at home though...several times.
Yep, well twice I guess (right?). My point is everything that's happened the last few games was straight chalk - they've won the ones they were supposed to, lost the ones they were supposed to. They're not expected to win at Arkansas or at Florida. They are expected to beat Bama, Missouri and Ole Miss at home. If they lose to Bama? Then we're on the bubble, my guess, and the NIT talk can be seriously contemplated. But all these guys who seem absolutely certain, right now, that we're going to the NIT are either venting, are wanting it to happen, or just don't understand the bubble....

Reactions: MbergCat
With Knox and Hami expected to leave...

Gabriel
SKJ
B. Calipari
Green
SGA
Vanderbilt
Washington
Richards
Baker
Quickley
Johnson
Herro

Look at that line up and tell me where you see a final four contender? We will be better for sure, but we will really be tons better? No bigs at all! Cal getting owned by Duke, with no back up plan = this year and most likely next year.

between 2004 and 2008 we would have been doing backflips for that lineup - and every one of us would have thought a final four was a lock.

funny ain't it.

Reactions: brianpoe
As of today

Hami is a NIT player
PJ Washington is a NIT player
Knox is a NIT defender
Richards is a NIT player
Green is a backup PG that cant get out of his own way
Shai is not a PG that has to play an unnatural positon

Vanderbilt refuses to come up on a switch to prevent a shooter from an open 3 and cannot shoot himself
This is damn near spot on. And it freaking sucks.

Reactions: brianpoe
between 2004 and 2008 we would have been doing backflips for that lineup - and every one of us would have thought a final four was a lock.

funny ain't it.

Never said I thought it was time for a change. I feel it’s time for Calipari to change the way he recruits one and dones, and possibly a couple coaching staff changes. Coach K is owning Cal right now, and that’s not even debatable. I believe Cal will right the ship, but starting five freshman each year, with out a top 5 kid ain’t working!

Never said I thought it was time for a change. I feel it’s time for Calipari to change the way he recruits one and dones, and possibly a couple coaching staff changes. Coach K is owning Cal right now, and that’s not even debatable. I believe Cal will right the ship, but starting five freshman each year, with out a top 5 kid ain’t working!

I'm with you on that. By choice or circumstance he went all in on a Freshmen roster. I think he was a bit excited at the idea of seeing if he could pull it off. If he did this would be validation of his coaching and his process.

Right now it appears this "experiment" has done neither - and fan apathy about the program is a by product of it.

Quickley is very good PG that can shoot and Herro can obviously shoot. Add Baker.

Obviously next years team will be better. Shouldn’t be as offensively defunct, returning sophomores and juniors, and hopefully better defensively.

My point I’m trying to make, as I look to what appears to next seasons roster... I don’t see the “super team” some fans seem to see. So my expectations for next season are rather low. In the paint will be a major weakness, as there will be no depth nor nba talent there.

I don’t want Cal fired, nor do I want him to leave. I simply want him to target less one and dones, and more multi year players. Like one or two, 1 and dones. Then 2 or 3 multi year players. Offer the multi year players earlier, and recruit them harder. This way his Cals plan B is not committed else where, or simply not interested any more.

Cal has missed out on to many plan B recruits cause the 1 and dones waited so damn long to commit. And when they committed else where, 2013 and this year is what you end up with.

His recruiting pitch to those multi year players has got to change aswell, so they will stop transferring after one year cause they thought they were one and dones. Rant over, sorry.

Imagine that. The sun still came up this morning. [winking]
But I am still depressed and it's dark as night with my Big Blue Goggles on.
tumblr_o3aft4gB4Q1txt22yo1_500.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT