ADVERTISEMENT

Florida va Cinci

Agree. Hope the Coach K hex has worn off.
Maybe it was broken with his loss today? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Seriously though
They don’t look particularly dangerous, but perhaps good enough to win this one
When they’re hitting threes....

Reactions: rdgtr
Had 700 on FL. I lost my nerve and hedged cinci with 400 at +165. Ended up with 225 gain only. FL can be exposed inside. They shot just well enough to win. Cats should win if we develop a backcourt.

Actually the vast majority of people who continually gamble on sports are complete losers.

Gambling on sports isn't likely going to make you, I'll agree. I went in with $500 and have worked it up to $4200. So hate if you want, but I'm not bad at this. I am averaging 63%.

That said, if you don't gamble in life you are will be a loser. If you don't take a risk with that girl, take a risk with a wild business idea, or take a risk by laying it all on the line on sports (i.e. most of our players), you will not make big wins. Maybe that's ok with most...but really IDGAF.

One of my biggest risks was packing up and leaving KY to take a job that paid crap in Cali. I now make 2-3x what I would have been making in KY.

Reactions: ZaytovenCat
Gambling on sports isn't likely going to make you, I'll agree. I went in with $500 and have worked it up to $4200. So hate if you want, but I'm not bad at this. I am averaging 63%.

That said, if you don't gamble in life you are will be a loser. If you don't take a risk with that girl, take a risk with a wild business idea, or take a risk by laying it all on the line on sports (i.e. most of our players), you will not make big wins. Maybe that's ok with most...but really IDGAF.

One of my biggest risks was packing up and leaving KY to take a job that paid crap in Cali. I now make 2-3x what I would have been making in KY.

False. We all know you haven’t made nearly that much.

It’s ok to be a poor. Nothing wrong with it at all. No need to inflate your income to us on the board.

Reactions: JoeBeeHall

Taking gambles and chances in life have zero to with gambling money. Gambling money is a loser. Period. You don’t win gambling money and that includes you. You are in the negative with your gambling and have lost more than you have won. Take your money and invest it instead of betting on sports. Gamblers like you are alcoholics in denial.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Taking gambles and chances in life have zero to with gambling money. Gambling money is a loser. Period. You don’t win gambling money and that includes you. You are in the negative with your gambling and have lost more than you have won. Take your money and invest it instead of betting on sports. Gamblers like you are alcoholics in denial.

Agreed. I am not in the negative as much some on here want me to be though. I have lost more of the announced bets though.

Well, first of all, you have to make a lot more in California, to have the same lifestyle as in Ky, since the cost of living is considerably more. I have made several trips to California, and my house, which is probably worth $280K where it sits, would be worth 3 to 4 times that in California, so I know that 2 times more salary does not equate to 2 times better lifestyle. In my reply to you, earlier in the thread, I said that I agreed that you sometimes have to take gambles in life, just not on sports. I think your move to California is an example. In life, we have to sometimes step out of our comfort zones, and take a risk. However, whether it is in a move, or a business decision, we have some control over these, and it makes these risks different from a gamble. Making a business decision that has some risk involved is much, much different than betting budget money on a basketball game, that you have absolutely zero control over. It's just not for me, but if it is for you, that is your business, and your family's, whose money you are gambling with.

sports gambling is why I have to watch pathetic ass call after call in sports so hell no I won't gamble. Even when I know you can make money on it early in the season exploiting the lack of data for line makers..: Nope, Im not going to add to the problem

But you still have to live in California which is really hell on earth. Lol

Well, first of all, you have to make a lot more in California, to have the same lifestyle as in Ky, since the cost of living is considerably more. I have made several trips to California, and my house, which is probably worth $280K where it sits, would be worth 3 to 4 times that in California, so I know that 2 times more salary does not equate to 2 times better lifestyle. In my reply to you, earlier in the thread, I said that I agreed that you sometimes have to take gambles in life, just not on sports. I think your move to California is an example. In life, we have to sometimes step out of our comfort zones, and take a risk. However, whether it is in a move, or a business decision, we have some control over these, and it makes these risks different from a gamble. Making a business decision that has some risk involved is much, much different than betting budget money on a basketball game, that you have absolutely zero control over. It's just not for me, but if it is for you, that is your business, and your family's, whose money you are gambling with.

First, I left California to Oregon because of this whole affordability thing. I need to change my name to PortlandiaKat or something. You don't take a job in San Francisco and try to have a 5 acre yard. You work in San Francisco and develop a skill set and then get out if you want a 5 acre yard. There are many areas in the country where the affordability is quite a bit better than the rest of the country. Kentucky and California are not the best places to be. Last I looked, Texas, Virginia and Florida were highest on that list. That said, Oregon is quite good because of how strong the economy is Portland. If you find that sweet spot to commute in easily you can buy at near KY housing prices and make 2x. Your yard will still be tiny compared to KY though...and the rain..

If you scroll up, I was attacked for "gambling a lot." To which, I replied that you need to gamble to get ahead in life. I have taken much bigger serious gambles than hundred dollar bets on sports. In 2009, when the market was down around 8000 Dow, I borrowed about 30k on credit cards and dumped it on some beat down penny stocks that should not have been penny stocks. In the following month, I saw that investment drop about 50% to which I was paying monthly credit card payments (20% interest) to hold through. I was only about 4-5 years out of college, but I really had nothing to lose (no family, no assets). About 4-5 months later, that investment was worth $200,000 to which I cashed out and have been set pretty much ever since. So gambling in life can really get you ahead if you don't have much to lose.

People attacking me for betting on sports can go jump off a bridge. I've turned $500 into 4200...(er 3800 after Texas laid an egg), and I'm going to let ride a bit. Most are just upset that I've laid against UK a few times. Probably about done now that college football is over. That's where I really killed it. It may be that letting $500 ride on a game keeps me from betting the farm against the bubble of a market we are in, which is probably a good thing. I have too much to lose now.

And wannabe knowitalls like you are morons in denial. You have no idea what he’s lost and gained on his bets. You only know what bets he’s mentioned and it’s a fair bet that those aren’t nearly the only bets he makes.

Just ignore her SacCat, the odds of her having an IQ above 70 aren’t that good. I’d go all in on that bet.

And wannabe knowitalls like you are morons in denial. You have no idea what he’s lost and gained on his bets. You only know what bets he’s mentioned and it’s a fair bet that those aren’t nearly the only bets he makes.

Just ignore her SacCat, the odds of her having an IQ above 70 aren’t that good. I’d go all in on that bet.
The dumbest sub human on earth makes its appearance again. [laughing]

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT