ADVERTISEMENT

Florida, Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma. Which of these football programs will win a national championship first?

aTm. Jimbo can do it.

Texas and Florida recruit like mad and toss millions upon millions into their programs for little to no return in the modern era. Oklahoma... Exists.

aTm. Jimbo can do it.

Texas and Florida recruit like mad and toss millions upon millions into their programs for little to no return in the modern era. Oklahoma... Exists.

Even though Jimbo has one I think he is looking for a buyout more than a championship. A&M may get one but don't think it's with Jimbo there. Sark has never been successful as a head coach, surprised Texas hired him. Napier was successful at the mid level and putting an elite class together, can he develope that talent? Riley was pretty dirty when he left OU by taking players with him. Be hard to judge venerables on the first season, their roster has the biggest rebuild, so don't think it's OU. I will go with UF, Napier is an elite recruiter and rebuilding the UF roster fast.

Reactions: JPFisher
I think Florida. Oklahoma and Texas are really going to have to step up their game going to the SEC, it's going to become much, much harder for them. A&M is a mess and while Jimbo has one at FSU, he left that place in much worse shape than I think people realize. He's good for winning one game he shouldn't but always loses a couple he has no business losing. I don't know if Napier will get it done but he's done a good job recruiting for 2024 but I think it's entirely possible Florida has a losing season this year and it may undo a lot of that success but history indicates Florida should be a title contender sometime in the near future.

Reactions: JPFisher
OU and TX's road to the championship is a LOT tougher from 2024 and beyond. 8+ very tough, physical games vs SEC opponents can take a toll on a team. For many years in the B12, TX and OK had maybe 2 or 3 close, tough games but, even then, Baylor, Kansas, K-State, et al aren't nearly as physical as the typical SEC team. They will have a learning curve once in the conference.

Florida definitely has a chance. Extremely fertile recruiting grounds, have previously won a couple so it can be done. Have to figure a way past UGa, though. If that game is always a loss, it will be tough to get the trophy (talk to LSU fans (v. Bama) - they know you can't lose that one game every year and will a championship).

A&M I don't think will ever get there. Jimbo is not the right guy. With UT and OK entering the conference, one of their selling points to TX recruits is now gone. They're not the ony SEC team in the state and OU's campus is very close to TX so no reason Mom and Dad can't truck on up to Norman to see their kid play big-time CFB.

Based on current coaches I'd say A and M has best chance.

Don't see any of them winning one anytime soon though but you never know.

I think Florida. Oklahoma and Texas are really going to have to step up their game going to the SEC, it's going to become much, much harder for them. A&M is a mess and while Jimbo has one at FSU, he left that place in much worse shape than I think people realize. He's good for winning one game he shouldn't but always loses a couple he has no business losing. I don't know if Napier will get it done but he's done a good job recruiting for 2024 but I think it's entirely possible Florida has a losing season this year and it may undo a lot of that success but history indicates Florida should be a title contender sometime in the near future.

I agree with UF having a losing season, at best I see them 5-7 and most likely 4-8. Their fans are think 8-4 is their floor. When it becomes clear they won't make it to a bowl not sure Napier will be there in 24, they are quick to make changes. But if he does his seat will be hot in 24.

Reactions: Lost In FL
Florida is struggling to beat us and Vandy...they're in a transition/dormant phase by their standards and not going to win the east anytime soon let alone the conference and BCS.

If Sark can get Ewers and/or Manning to hit, use the SEC pitch to keep some in state kids from going to LSU, Bama, etc...I like the longhorns.

a wild guess is UF, they do it with Billy's players but he will not be there to see it happen! UF gonna always be looking for the next Urban Myer!

Reactions: Lost In FL
I should ask. Does one of these SEC/future SEC schools win a national championship first, or does a Big 10 school win one first?

All of them will probably be good enough, just getting out of the SEC without a bad game will be the problem. Each week will be a minefield, something Texas and Oklahoma will find out.

Reactions: Cabo Blue
Florida is Florida
Oklahoma has a cool fight song (BOOMER SOONER) and Jim Ross. Also I saw an interview with Barry Switzer several years ago that made me laugh.

Texas is in Austin. Good BBQ. And Bevo can theoretically murder the other team

Multiple people I know went to A&M, but wtf is an aggie anyway?

Florida is Florida
Oklahoma has a cool fight song (BOOMER SOONER) and Jim Ross. Also I saw an interview with Barry Switzer several years ago that made me laugh.

Texas is in Austin. Good BBQ. And Bevo can theoretically murder the other team

Multiple people I know went to A&M, but wtf is an aggie anyway?
not sure if you are serious but, aggie as in agriculture!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT