ADVERTISEMENT

Florida State is getting beat down again.

Yeah they didn’t have a lot of depth. All of those guys are gone and they whiffed so bad on the portal (while thinking they had done well).

I knew DJ sucked. I didn’t think he would suck more than what I already thought he sucked.
He is awful, he sucked at Clemson, I have no idea how he’s lasted at these big universities for so long. He’s coasted off his HS rating. Whatever they paid him it way too much.

Yeah he’s not being fired. He won COTY last year, had a 10 win season two years ago, 13 last year, won 12 at Memphis five years ago, and his buyout is huge.

I don’t think he suddenly forgot how to coach but with this roster it sure seems like it. The team is atrocious all around which might be the biggest one year drop off I’ve ever seen.

I think he has loyalty to coordinators that need to be canned and to a QB who appears to only be the starter cause of NIL

Last edited:
Yeah he’s not being fired. He won COTY last year, had a 10 win season two years ago, 13 last year, won 12 at Memphis five years ago, and his buyout is huge.

I don’t think he suddenly forgot how to coach but with this roster it sure seems like it. The team is atrocious all around which might be the biggest one year drop off I’ve ever seen.

I think he has loyalty to coordinators that need to be canned and to a QB who appears to only be the starter cause of NIL
I can’t recall a team that had a bigger one year drop off. I guess that is the curse of the portal. If you have a ton of guys graduating and leaving from previous portal classes and transfers and don’t replace them well or have young guys that have been waiting then it’s possible now.

FSU may lose to the Gators this year. Preseason I would have bet my house that wouldn't happen.

The portal giveth and the portal taketh away.
Yep. It’s a gamble. Like a home run hitter, you’re either going to hit a home run or strikeout. 😂

What’s so sad is that soooo much money was spent on this terrible team. On paper, they were supposed to be good but they obviously do not mix well. Outside of the kicking game, there’s not a single positive thing about this team.

Yep. It’s a gamble. Like a home run hitter, you’re either going to hit a home run or strikeout. 😂

What’s so sad is that soooo much money was spent on this terrible team. On paper, they were supposed to be good but they obviously do not mix well. Outside of the kicking game, there’s not a single positive thing about this team.
What’s crazy is they will have to do it all over again or pay the same players to suck it up again.

Reactions: HeismaNole
And at this point, as a long suffering Kentucky fan, I am scratching my head.

Kentucky has played the (then) No. 1 team, within a point, shat on Lane Kiffin,
and actually has a discernible (though faint) pulse for the playoffs.

UF and Florida State now suck??

Someone said UF looked good against Mississippi State?!?!?

Well, yeah.

On any given Saturday, Mother Teresa and 10 hungry Indians would look good against Mississippi State.

I really think UF moved on from Mullen way too quickly, and screwed themselves maybe for a decade by doing so.

FSU . . . I don’t follow ACC stuff closely enough to understand how that much tradition and capital could be squandered to this level.

And when pondering how poorly UF and FSU are playing this year, I really wonder how folks with any brain cells can actually call for Stoops’ firing.

Yeah they didn’t have a lot of depth. All of those guys are gone and they whiffed so bad on the portal (while thinking they had done well).

I knew DJ sucked. I didn’t think he would suck more than what I already thought he sucked.
I almost feel bad for the guy (assuming there isn't any bad stuff about him I don't know about), before the idiotic money driven pac 12 implosion he had finally found a close to perfect place for his limited skill set at OSU with their playstyle, helping to keep my dad's beloved beavers looking respectable. Then after the conference collapse it made sense he was looking for a name team to end his career with and FSU brought him in but they have asked him to do things anyone with a brain watching football for the past 4 years knows he can't do and then we get this result. FSU sucks way worse than their talent level, people are back to calling him a fraud and OSU spent years slowly becoming respectable just to be relegated to being another G5 (6?) team. Such a shame all around.

Last edited:
1-4 against that pathetic schedule they've played. And they want to join the SEC. I don't know, maybe if they were in the SEC they might be able to recruit higher caliber players & attract a better coach. If not, they had better stay were they're at or they'll get destroyed in the SEC.

SEC doesn't want them.

They could have easily lost to Cal too. They are lucky they have won a game.

Reactions: gatordad3
I almost feel back for the guy (assuming there isn't any bad stuff about him I don't know about), before the idiotic money driven pac 12 implosion he had finally found a close to perfect place for his limited skill set at OSU with their playstyle, helping to keep my dad's beloved beavers looking respectable. Then after the conference collapse it made sense he was looking for a name team to end his career with and FSU brought him in but they have asked him to do things anyone with a brain watching football for the past 4 years knows he can't do and then we get this result. FSU sucks way worse than their talent level, people are back to calling him a fraud and OSU spent years slowly becoming respectable just to be relegated to being another G5 (6?) team. Such a shame all around.
Yeah pretty much.

The o-line is terrible and this guy is as slow as a statue in moving and waits so long . This is clearly not the best system for him and it’s not compatible. His second year at Clemson and his year at Oregon State are nearly identical in stats. But this year, I think this guy has two TD passes in five games.

Is it all his fault? Nope. The team is very bad. They’re apparently practice warriors and then shit the bed in actual competition.

Best case scenario seems like a three win season. That’s being generous at this point. I definitely do not see DJ continuing football after this.

SEC doesn't want them.

They could have easily lost to Cal too. They are lucky they have won a game.
FSU wants the Big Ten. Makes no sense with Florida in the SEC.

I also wouldn’t base everything off of this season. They blew out the Heisman led LSU team last year.

1-4 against that pathetic schedule they've played. And they want to join the SEC. I don't know, maybe if they were in the SEC they might be able to recruit higher caliber players & attract a better coach. If not, they had better stay were they're at or they'll get destroyed in the SEC.
FSU had their one and only chance back in the early 90's but Bobby Bowden chose the easy path.

Have any of you seen Florida play under coach Sling Blade since he arrived in Gainesville? We'd be lucky to even beat FSU.

giphy.gif

Big 10 doesn't want them either.
Yeah I highly doubt that. FSU is a top 15 program in bringing in money. No one is going to publicly come out and get accused of tampering.

Think the Big Ten is all about Maryland and Rutgers but wouldn’t want FSU? C’mon. It’s inevitable that FSU and Clemson will leave.

Last edited:
Doubt it, they have recruited fine, they will just play real teams all year and wouldn’t be a power anymore. Bad move if they came. They better do whatever they can to keep the ACC going, or try the Big 18. Whatever it is now.

Yeah I highly doubt that. FSU is a top 15 program in bringing in money. No one is going to publicly come out and get accused of tampering.

Think the Big Ten is all about Maryland and Rutgers but wouldn’t want FSU? C’mon. It’s inevitable that FSU and Clemson will leave.
The Big10 went after Maryland and Rutgers because of their TV markets. With so many streaming services now the whole TV market thing is not what it use to be.

While FSU being down doesn’t help the ACC I still think it’s funny. FSU wanted unequal revenue sharing based on performance and the ACC agreed. So at the current trend FSU may end up getting the smallest payout this year. They also want teams paid on the teams viewership. Again at the current trend they aren’t going to get what they would have gotten last year.

I thought they were too dumb a school academically to get in the big 10. That's more of where I'm coming from. I'm no expert but just what some were saying.

Reactions: gatordad3
And at this point, as a long suffering Kentucky fan, I am scratching my head.

Kentucky has played the (then) No. 1 team, within a point, shat on Lane Kiffin,
and actually has a discernible (though faint) pulse for the playoffs.

UF and Florida State now suck??

Someone said UF looked good against Mississippi State?!?!?

Well, yeah.

On any given Saturday, Mother Teresa and 10 hungry Indians would look good against Mississippi State.

I really think UF moved on from Mullen way too quickly, and screwed themselves maybe for a decade by doing so.

FSU . . . I don’t follow ACC stuff closely enough to understand how that much tradition and capital could be squandered to this level.

And when pondering how poorly UF and FSU are playing this year, I really wonder how folks with any brain cells can actually call for Stoops’ firing.
Was that you that called into the post game show yesterday. Guy called in called “Hack”.

I can’t recall a team that had a bigger one year drop off. I guess that is the curse of the portal. If you have a ton of guys graduating and leaving from previous portal classes and transfers and don’t replace them well or have young guys that have been waiting then it’s possible now.

Yeah pretty much.

The o-line is terrible and this guy is as slow as a statue in moving and waits so long . This is clearly not the best system for him and it’s not compatible. His second year at Clemson and his year at Oregon State are nearly identical in stats. But this year, I think this guy has two TD passes in five games.

Is it all his fault? Nope. The team is very bad. They’re apparently practice warriors and then shit the bed in actual competition.

Best case scenario seems like a three win season. That’s being generous at this point. I definitely do not see DJ continuing football after this.

Most fans I talk to here in Tallahassee are mostly just in shock regarding the defense…they expected a dropoff ON OFFENSE after losing QB Jordan Travis, but there high expectations for the defense, but it just hasn’t been there

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk
Most fans I talk to here in Tallahassee are mostly just in shock regarding the defense…they expected a dropoff losing Jordan Travis, but there high expectations for the defense, but it just hasn’t been there
One guy doesn’t make a defense, I mean he was awesome and for sure helps but something else is going on there. They must have lost a lot of guys.

One guy doesn’t make a defense, I mean he was awesome and for sure helps but something else is going on there. They must have lost a lot of guys.

My post was confusing... I meant to say the fans here expected a big dropoff on the OFFENSE due to losing starting QB Jordan Travis, but they did not expect much dropoff from the defense...I edited to clarify

Last edited:
They definitely did. They had 10 NFL Draft picks from that roster and then guys that were signed as undrafted free agents.

1st rd DE Jared Verse (stud)
2nd rd DT Brandon Fiske
2nd rd DB Renardo Green
3rd rd DB Jarrian Jones
7th rd LB Tatum Bethune
(Kalen DeLoach LB signed with Tampa but got released)

Offensively
2nd rd WR Keon Coleman
2nd rd RB Trey Benson
5th rd QB Jordan Travis
6th rd WR Johnny Wilson
7th rd TE Jaheim Bell

When you lose guys like that when you didn't have a ton of depth and the portal doesn't have that type of talent to replace them with, you end up with disastrous results apparently. I'm sure both coordinators are getting canned. The offense is the biggest culprit of suck.

I thought they were too dumb a school academically to get in the big 10. That's more of where I'm coming from. I'm no expert but just what some were saying.
I don't think that's the case because Nebraska certainly isn't a top academic school. FSU's admission standards are pretty crazy high now. I think FSU is considered a top 30 state university among FBS schools on the last rankings article I saw.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT