ADVERTISEMENT

Florida Gators recruiting fun fact

Sep 5, 2017
2 of our 3 commits are ranked higher than all 7 of their commits. When has that ever happened?
Ever....

6 of their 7 commits are 3 star recruits. Our 1 Florida recruit is rated higher than all 5 of their Florida recruits.

Their only 4 star recruit is barely a 4 star whom was recruited by McElwain, not Mullen.

Don't really have a point to prove here, just find it kind of cool, we are usually the ones accepting every 3 star we can get, so it is interesting that we seem to be more picky than Florida at this point. I am sure Florida will get a few big time guys, but I like that the gap is nowhere near as wide (recruiting wise) as it has been.

P.S. there's no point in stating that its early in the process and Florida will still get good recruits, because I know, its just some fun facts to enjoy.[cheers]

(Used 24/7 rankings for this)

Mullen never really got a lot of top recruits at Miss St but he got 3 stars low and high and made them into solid NFL prospects. His strength is development.

100% correct, but it is overall good news for us. It is harder to develop (on average) a 3 star than 5 stars.

Short notice class. I’m bullish on and like Stoops, but last year was our chance to beat Florida. It may never ever happen

About the only thing that makes me happier than UF struggling is UF and UT both struggling. Even with UF winning the East under McElwain 2 years in a row he nor his staff were able to take advantage of it, apparently he made quite a few Florida HS coaches upset. Right now UF is no higher than 3rd as the go to school in Florida, and that could be 4th, would have been if Frost hadn't left for Nebraska. Taggart and Richt are both better recruiters than Mullen, very few Georgia kids are looking at UF as a destination like they were in years past, UF has been replaced by the likes of Michigan, PSU, tOSU and ND. All I know about Mullen is he has a pretty good system that works best if he has a great runner at QB, plus as far as creepy is this a little this side of Harbaugh. He has to start signing some of the top kids in Florida or he won't last very long. Grantham's defense doesn't concern me, run a little hurry up and they are trying to figure out where to line up at the snap.

UF will be better in 18, but they would have been better with McElwain too just by getting all or most of those suspended players back and the WR who transferred in, if they are eligible this fall. The issue is they got worse as the season went alone last year. But how much better is the question, OL was bad, DL and LB weren't good and their secondary wasn't up to what UF normally is last year. Running backs will be better, WR will be better, QB can't play any worse. But lots of games on their schedule, there are 8 games on their schedule they can easily lose and could be 9, Colorado St. probably won't have the athletes to beat them, but could give them a scare.

Mullen never really got a lot of top recruits at Miss St but he got 3 stars low and high and made them into solid NFL prospects. His strength is development.
But will Florida accept the same results he achieved at MSU during his tenure?

What his results will be at Florida is yet to determined but Florida is a more attractive program than MSU. And as we know, Florida is a gold mine for top prospects. He'll land more 4 and 5 stars at UF than he did at MSU and I know that's hard to say when Miss State's 2019 recruiting class is off to a great start under Coach Moorhead.

Stop and think about this, again, for just a minute: 2017's East finish was (1) Georgia, (2) South Carolina, (3) Kentucky . . . .

And we beat South Carolina at their place.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT