ADVERTISEMENT

Florida fans crying about the officials.

Yeah, we have a long and storied history of being favored by SEC officials in our games. I'm sure they were fair about those bailout pass interference calls they received to keep their drive alive. Also this:

BzHKUS0CMAISYfb.jpg

Not to mention that BS holding call at end of last year's game that took us out of chip shot FG on last play of game.

UF fans only had one iffy FG call against them...they got benefit of doubt about every other play

Took a look at the thread. They are complaining about being bear hugged all night and not getting the calls even though KY had twice as many penalties. That being said, several gator fans in the thread actually posted to stop blaming the officials because KY wanted it more and the gators were just manhandled at the line and that we ran all over them...Which we did!

Well, in fairness, when you're used to the officials bailing you out every year, I'm sure it's frustrating when that doesn't happen. After the gifts they got with the play clock a few years ago and then the phantom hold on the last drive last year, I'm sure they were waiting to be handed the game again this year. When that didn't happen, they got a little salty.

I work with a big mouthed Florida fan. For some reason he did not realize that I was a UK alum and told me on Friday that the Gators were soon to be 2-0 and would move up in the polls. Also said that "we're playing a team that couldn't beat us in 100 years so it should be a blow out". Guess I'll tell him tomorrow that I was in the Engineering Class of '81 at UK, lol.

Both teams got their fair share of bad calls. The only possible argument that UF fans have is 1st quarter TD that got taken off the board because they stopped a play that would have been an obvious score to review the previous play. I don't believe UF scored at all on that drive and it would have been 7. Scarlett was going to walk in for the score.

Other than that there were bad calls but they cut both ways.

Both teams got their fair share of bad calls. The only possible argument that UF fans have is 1st quarter TD that got taken off the board because they stopped a play that would have been an obvious score to review the previous play. I don't believe UF scored at all on that drive and it would have been 7. Scarlett was going to walk in for the score.

They can't really complain about that call, because the previous play really did need to be reviewed. If they had immediately reviewed it in the first place, Scarlett wouldn't have been in the same position when play resumed, or a different play may have been called anyway with it being 2nd down instead of first and goal.

Reactions: 3Bluefever325
LOL, I said a couple of times in the game thread that Florida was getting away with a lot of holding. So it goes both ways. Officials could literally throw a flag for holding on every play.

Not anything to complain about there. Reviews are part of game and as it turned out they needed the review to get the right call

UK had 12 penalties for
If I’m not mistaken, UK had more penalties called on them them UF had called on theirselves? If that’s the case, it’s kind a silly to blame the refes?
This notion UF got jobbed by refs is goofy

UK had 12 penalties for 114 yards...UF 6 for 55 yards. How can a team with twice as many penalties and yards against them be the one getting the benefit of the doubt?

Gator fan, Swampmaster, weighed-in on our board last year on the Haynes holding call:

SwampMaster
The only place that isn't a hold is Alabama. Florida is typically the most penalized team in the SEC, so let's not pretend we get a friendly whistle.

31 SwampMaster, Sep 26, 2017
Like + Quote Reply

Wonder where Swampmaster is today...probably crying crocodile tears.

UK had 12 penalties for

This notion UF got jobbed by refs is goofy

UK had 12 penalties for 114 yards...UF 6 for 55 yards. How can a team with twice as many penalties and yards against them be the one getting the benefit of the doubt?

My thoughts exactly....

Reactions: BBNRDU
Ask them about the play clock last night on the two point conversion. Oh, and the tackle of Conrad that should have been a PI last year that took 4 points from us. Oh, and the bull crap late hit out of bounds on our dlinemen when the QB didn't even fall and was barely touched. Oh, and the blatant hold on Boogie last night by their OT that led to a big run and eventually points. Oh..oh, and the hold by the IF WR on the Frank's run down to the three last night. I guess I will stop now.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
As everyone is aware, when rewatching a game, you can find a missed holding call on almost every single play on both sides. The only time that you can realistically complain is in a situation where your team was called for a lot of penalties while the opponent wasn't. Kentucky was called for twice as many penalties in the game and Florida has no room to complain. The holding calls are a complete joke and my biggest complaint about football. I'm not sure what can be done about it, but if they followed the letter of the rule and had 11 officials on the field, holding would be called 20-30 times in every college and nfl game. The best you can hope for is some kind of consistency. Obviously, Florida benefited from the officials a lot more than UK.

Eh, can't blame them for trying to find excuses. We all do it. We were winning and going nuts about the officials most of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT