ADVERTISEMENT

Florida at Kentucky (Thursday)

Kess hits it well into the gap but UF shaded him well for out 1. Anu hits a hard grounder off of the UF SS. Just ate him up.

Ritter flies out to about the same spot Kessler did.

Lewis has been hitting well lately, 3 for 3 tonight. Anu gets 2nd on a WP. He read dirt and went. Good job by him. Full count to Lewis, but he grounds out to 2nd.

5 all going to 8th

This is my first game of the year. Feel like it’s a pretty sparse crowd to be playing a top 25 team
I think a big part of that is the attendance limitation UK has. I went to the LSU Friday game and the grandstand was pretty light. Add in the ticket price on Stubhub to sit on those ridiculous blocks, doesn’t help.

I think a big part of that is the attendance limitation UK has. I went to the LSU Friday game and the grandstand was pretty light. Add in the ticket price on Stubhub to sit on those ridiculous blocks, doesn’t help.

How much was it? Should just be 10 bucks.

Degen still in. He is working low and outside but not getting the call. He gives up a leadoff walk and then a single through the hole past Lewis.

Harper now coming in.

Degen had ONE decent outing after barely pitching all year and they throw him in the highest leverage spot of the year!!!! This coaching staff is full of idiots!! That was a classic Harper spot!!!!

Reactions: Jeff12wb
Degen had ONE decent outing after barely pitching all year and they throw him in the highest leverage spot of the year!!!! This coaching staff is full of idiots!! That was a classic Harper spot!!!!

I think Degen has been criminally underutilized at UK. He does very well in the summer and I think he could do well at UK if they'd use him more. I think we saw last Friday how good he can be. Still, not best to use him in spots like that when they've barely used him.

I think Degen has been criminally underutilized at UK. He does very well in the summer and I think he could do well at UK if they'd use him more. I think we saw last Friday how good he can be. Still, not best to use him in spots like that when they've barely used him.
True, not blaming him, just saying he hasn’t thrown most of the year and they ask him to come in during a situation that clearly calls for a guy who has been in that situation like Harper

How much was it? Should just be 10 bucks.
That’s the UK ticket price. Stubhub is $20 plus. Grandstand tickets are $40 plus with most in the $50’s per ticket. I paid over $50 for two “block” seats with fees.

Harper starts with a K. Blew the fastball by him on a 1-2 count. He then leaves one up that is lined into right center. UF has really respected Cam Hill's arm all night and they do so again as they don't score on that soft liner.

That’s the UK ticket price. Stubhub is $20 plus. Grandstand tickets are $40 plus with most in the $50’s per ticket. I paid over $50 for two “block” seats with fees.
Crazy. Should have just bought GA at the gate and then snuck over into some seats or onto the concrete. Haha

Harper starts with a K. Blew the fastball by him on a 1-2 count. He then leaves one up that is lined into right center. UF has really respected Cam Hill's arm all night and they do so again as they don't score on that soft liner.
That wasn’t respect. That was foolish coaching.

1-2. Getting the put out pitch proving difficult here. UF battling. Harper gets him to K though. Down and in, swing and miss. Full count and Harper gets him looking. HUGE!!!

Proof right here of how dumb Mingione is. If Schultz were in center, as he has been all year, Florida scores on that single. They for sure test his arm and they score without any doubt in my mind. He owes Hill a big thank you and an apology.

Crazy. Should have just bought GA at the gate and then snuck over into some seats or onto the concrete. Haha
I tried UK ticket office first but they only had the seats in the grass left. That’s why I went to Stubhub.

Hill bunts his way on and a wild pitch sneaks away and Hill takes second.

Estep looking to bunt him over. Looks bad trying it. He waved at a ball, would be 0-3. Waves at another 2-2. Would have rather seen him swing. He looked real bad.

Hill gets thrown out at the plate on a dying quail single to left. Coggins sent him.

Catcher came up shoving the ball in Hill's face and Hill didn't back down.

They're looking at this a lot. I think he's out. Not sure what they are looking at. Hill didn't do anything wrong. Kind of a hard slide, but nothing malicious.

Warnings to both benches as they cleared when Hill and the catcher had words. Florida coach wants Hill thrown out.

O'Sullivan got heated there. Really wants Hill thrown out for his slide.

Schultz grounds to third and UF throws it away. Runners at the corners for Collett.

Would love to see TJ murder one right here and watch him smile at that catcher.

Anu swinging out of his shoes before he grounds out to first.

We go to the 9th, UK up 7-5

Harper can't wait to throw the next pitch. He's getting the ball and stepping on the mound at the same time. Another cutter waved at for out 2.

Florida just can't catch it. He's just challenging them and they have no answer.
Pop up to Estep. Game over. 7-5

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT