ADVERTISEMENT

Flight Tracker

Crazy, have u been listening to those guys on the spaces lately? They have brainwashed themselves
Yes last night I caught about a hour of it. They were making fun of UConn’s championship celebration and using that as a reason why Hurley will come here

Reactions: Klix
Yeah I was talking too Scott this morning at the campus target this morning real nice guy man another one of these threads stop it

I'm depressed but nothing i can do about just like with Cal.
Just try to support him. He has a very good eye for staff members and can adapt his playstyle to his roster. He could be elevated with the UK job. He's also getting an uptick in recruiting. Keyonte George, Jakobi Walters, and now Edgecombe.

Last edited:
Per reports on X

"Huge media gathering at the Bluegrass Airport. The plane will disembark at the general aviation FBO. You must have a media pass to enter inside. The rain has ended, so outside isn't a bad option. A SUV will take Drew to an undisclosed meeting place."

He won a title at Baylor, again at fricking Baylor. He had a fraction of the resources Kentucky has. I’m gonna give Drew some time before I act like he is a bad coach
Seriously, this place is bonkers. Drew would not be my first choice and I think he is vanilla but people here are acting like he's a nobody that can't coach. I understand Hurley but don't get the hard on for Billy D

So incredibly disappointing
Well who did you want that was attainable? Hurley was really attainable if we are being honest with ourselves. Donavon may have taken the job but Barnhart would have had to wait out the process and was a massive gamble. Drew is a good coach and isn’t a charity case

Reactions: KFuqua
Seriously, this place is bonkers. Drew would not be my first choice and I think he is vanilla but people here are acting like he's a nobody that can't coach. I understand Hurley but don't get the hard on for Billy D
Probably the best of the realistic options. Timing was pretty bad for potential replacements this year if we wanted a bigger splash. I think Drew can do well here though. He rebuilt Baylor which is no small feat. Winning a chip with Baylor would be like winning one with a Big 10 team.

We should just take a poll among rupps rafters members and submit the results to Mitch. Tell him this is who We want!!!
lmao. what a crowd!

Could just be an interview??????
Very likely just an interview. I'd wager UK invited Hurley and Drew to interview, and this is where certain media bums have come up with "offered". It's not an official offer. Mitch is too methodical to just offer a job to someone without going through the standard interview protocol.

Additionally, I'm sure UK has set protocols to follow with regards to job openings like this.

I think this is Drew's interview day because he was the most available. Hurley was at a celebration last night, but if he wants to also interview, I'd wager a lot that he's been invited and if he says yes, we'll be following another plane tomorrow from CT to LEX.

Assuming both interview, UK will then close out their standard protocol, make the official offer (which likely requires some board approvals and meetings), and we'll have our coach by Friday or the weekend.

This is all speculation, but is much more logical than the crap we're hearing.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Very likely just an interview. I'd wager UK invited Hurley and Drew to interview, and this is where certain media bums have come up with "offered". It's not an official offer. Mitch is too methodical to just offer a job to someone without going through the standard interview protocol.

Additionally, I'm sure UK has set protocols to follow with regards to job openings like this.

I think this is Drew's interview day because he was the most available. Hurley was at a celebration last night, but if he wants to also interview, I'd wager a lot that he's been invited and if he says yes, we'll be following another plane tomorrow from CT to LEX.

Assuming both interview, UK will then close out their standard protocol, make the official offer (which likely requires some board approvals and meetings), and we'll have our coach by Friday or the weekend.

This is all speculation, but is much more logical than the crap we're hearing.
This makes the most sense.

Reactions: TheDude73
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT