ADVERTISEMENT

Fland decommits

1380579870_worst_basketball_player.gif

The ref should have called a foul on his teammate

This is not Cals Kentucky, if you want to be pampered and to be told you will be in the NBA next year, don't come here. If you want to work hard and win championships and play for the greatest college program ever, come here. Playing for a coach that won a national championship at Kentucky as a player should be an exciting opportunity for any kid.
Exactly 💯

The decommits are simply protecting themselves to keep their options open w the regime change. I don’t blame them and we could see them back.

Reactions: lsb34m3
Other than Perry, I don’t care to keep any of Cal’s new recruits.

We need a culture change and I’m fine with whatever this first year brings.
Yes. If people can’t see that Cal’s system and his roster construction doesn’t work anymore, well……

And it’s not like Pope is going to be bringing in BYU-like classes.

Just let him get guys for his system.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
He can enjoy Fayetteville, we need players who want to come to Kentucky because of the name on the front of the jersey, not because they want to treat the program like a G-League pit stop. Those days are over.
---
Other than one or two at most, players on the roster will be here for NIL (money). None will be here for the "name on the front of the jersey", those days are long gone.

I'm not surprised and he won't be the only one. We're not going to be getting top recruits anymore and we aren't going to have best recruiting classes. Pope is going to reshape Kentucky into his program and we will see in less than a year if it's as successful.

If they don’t want to be here, goodbye. Time to find guys who want to play for Kentucky.

The decommits are simply protecting themselves to keep their options open w the regime change. I don’t blame them and we could see them back.
Jumping in the portal is a whole lot better than a news blurb coming out that the new coach has asked you to move on.

Why would ANYONE be surprised? Do y’all not get it?

Frankly, you should be assuming this is orchestrated by Cal, in terms of timing, to come right after the pop of Pope’s day. That’s classic Cal re rollout strategy.
If anything, he told them to wait until the very last second. That way, Pope would be left in limbo and not have time to recruit or put a roster together.

That's probably the same reason he left for Arkansas when he did. He wanted everyone to think he was returning, then pulls this out of his rear and splits town very late into the year. He knew it would put UK in a bind.

---
Other than one or two at most, players on the roster will be here for NIL (money). None will be here for the "name on the front of the jersey", those days are long gone.
You're right, very few players today care about the money they can get. It is really sad to see what this has done to CBB. Hopefully some changes will be made but I don't see it happening. Once a can of worm have been open it is hard to put them all back in.

it would be nice to get the best recruits

but when your HOF coach is forced to admit he can't rely on that because he is getting his ass kicked by veteran developed players that started out as 3 and 4 star guys

then are we really that upset that we can't get team full of talented 19 year olds?

Why wouldnt he. He has one and done written all over him. Thankfully those days are now in our past

I'd love to have Fland at IU, since we finished runner up to UK for Boogie, but I'm not sure if Myles Rice committing to IU ends IU's pursuit of Fland.

I'd have to think Boogie is following Cal to Arkansas.

This is not Cals Kentucky, if you want to be pampered and to be told you will be in the NBA next year, don't come here. If you want to work hard and win championships and play for the greatest college program ever, come here. Playing for a coach that won a national championship at Kentucky as a player should be an exciting opportunity for any kid.
ABSOLUTELY! And it’s about time!

I'd keep an eye on what goes on at Alabama. If Mark Sears leaves, then Fland may end up there. He had them in final 3. Have to remember these guys have built relationships with coaches for years and Boogie never spoke with Mark Pope until this past week.....he's going to be on the campus of where he goes to school in less than 2 months, so you tend to go with who you know/trust.

I don’t understand why you guys are so upset with these kids transferring or de-committing . They have no relationship with this new coaching staff. Most have never heard of Pope. If my kid was at a school or committed to a school and a new coaching staff came in I would want them to keep all their options open. It will be virtually impossible to build a relationship with these kids/players in the few weeks that are really left for them to make a decision. Like someone else said more than likely this team will all be transfers and a small handful of recruits. Idk if Pope has what it takes to be a great recruiter , but I can guarantee it’s gonna take him proving himself at this level before top talent will start noticing. Whether you want to believe it or not( except for mainly Kentucky grown talent) our team will be bought and will not just be coming for the name on the front of the jersey.

Our days of getting burger, boys, and following the top 50 recruiting are over at least until Pope can prove himself to be a winning blue blood coach. It’s a waste of your time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT