ADVERTISEMENT

FIT.Y.E.R.O. (Meathead, wellness, fitness, diet, exercise) Thread

Not really meat head related, but wellness for sure, I have a solid case of adhd. I can handle it pretty well with background noise and to-do lists. However, a buddy suggested these and I love them. Had for a couple days now and I don't put them down.

• Love
Reactions: Mossip
I just constantly stim out by rubbing my index or middle finger on my thumbnail. Like don’t even realize it. My thumbnails always look shiny and freshly manicured tho, so spectrum living aint all bad lol

• Haha
Reactions: pretzel__logic
Was trying to see what it offered over the free version. Thoughts?
I'm a sucker. Who knows? I have turned it off a few times and apparently turned it back on during last cut. Reading this probably the barcode and macro stuff which is mainly what I'm looking for. I do need to turn off the exercise altering my caloric goals. Someone posted a few free options awhile back that I meant to check out. I know bonz like his scale's app.

Reactions: CSC81
Was trying to see what it offered over the free version. Thoughts?
To add a bit to what Anth said, I have used both the free and paid versions of MFP, and to me the only real difference was the barcode scanning. Which was pretty helpful, especially when I first started using it.

But after a while, at least for me, I kind of got into a routine of eating a lot of the same things over and over and it’s already in my saved history anyway. So, I just stopped paying for it, and if I needed to add a new item and it wasn’t already in the database, I would literally just go through and “create the food” myself.

Can be a little bit of a pain and time-consuming on the rare occasions it happens, but again, I generally eat a lot of the same things in various combinations when I’m really “on track,” so that doesn’t happen very often.

Reactions: pretzel__logic
This smart food scale is pretty handy and inexpensive. Has a huge database it pulls from for meats, vegetables, grains, etc. Or use your phone scan anything with a bar code and it’ll pull the macros. If it’s a local brand like Kroger’s CarbMaster milk, you can create the item / macros.

When in maintenance I rarely use because like CSC said, when you eat a dozen or so of the same things throughout the week, you quickly have a general idea of your intake.

In a cut or like now a bulk, it’s invaluable.

To add a bit to what Anth said, I have used both the free and paid versions of MFP, and to me the only real difference was the barcode scanning. Which was pretty helpful, especially when I first started using it.

But after a while, at least for me, I kind of got into a routine of eating a lot of the same things over and over and it’s already in my saved history anyway. So, I just stopped paying for it, and if I needed to add a new item and it wasn’t already in the database, I would literally just go through and “create the food” myself.

Can be a little bit of a pain and time-consuming on the rare occasions it happens, but again, I generally eat a lot of the same things in various combinations when I’m really “on track,” so that doesn’t happen very often.
Wife has used mfp for tracking nutrition. She was using a white label app from her trainer for tracking workouts. He wants to start charging for it. So we are exploring using mfp for the workouts too. It allows you to build a workout but you can’t check of sets as you go during a workout. You pretty much load the whole workout and log it once finished.

May end up using Strong for her workouts. One solution would be nice if all convenience features were covered. Paid is fine if it is user friendly and comprehensive.

Cronometer is cool for nutrition tracking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT