ADVERTISEMENT

FIT.Y.E.R.O. (Meathead, wellness, fitness, diet, exercise) Thread

I'm finishing up an 8 week kettlebell program. On it, you work up to 30 rounds of this complex: 2 cleans, 1 press, and 3 double kettlebell squats. Completed that one on Wednesday. My legs are jello. Next week I get to look forward to 100 presses. Whoopee.

It has been a nice little change of pace. I've slept well and not added any weight despite not worrying much about my diet. That's been a fun way to close out the summer. In my profession, the summer is absolutely brutal and now things lighten up a bit so I'm looking forward to getting back into dieting. Cannot wait to move into a house where I can grill again, which should be by October 1 (we are doing renovations now).

I plan on getting back into my diet now that I've got a bit more free time. I forgot what a chore it is to eat your bodyweight in grams of protein every day. It has been nice not to, so I may only do it long enough to drop some residual pudge and then try to get a comfortable maintenance phase. That's always a nice, relaxing place to be in life.

It certainly takes some planning and figuring out what you like. I've gotten away from shakes. Steak, eggs, and chicken for the most part. Shrimp and fish pack a nice punch if you like that. But if you're local I'd suggest that meal delivery service to dial them in nice and neatly during your diet.

Salmon… which I always hated, is a newfound haven for protein. Tuna on salads too.

Shakes / bars go right through you and never satisfy.

I'm thinking about just trying to go to 120 grams per day and see if that works. I need carbs, bread, and pasta.
With you lifting regularly, you need more than that. Assuming you weigh ~180, you need that in protein, minimum. Space it over 4 meals and it’s easily doable.

If you’re having trouble digesting, Zypan works wonders. Stated using when we bulked last winter and take it religiously now; night and day on how you feel after a meal. A must if when you’re getting all your macros from whole foods, imo.

Echo the shake boycott, been months since I’ve done a protein shake, which used to be a 2x a day staple. Also a boon to my digestive track.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT