ADVERTISEMENT

FIT.Y.E.R.O. (Meathead, wellness, fitness, diet, exercise) Thread

Question for everyone about diet. Has anyone tried eating foods for blood type? My wife bought a book a few years back reference best foods for blood type. I am not a big fan of beef, can take it or leave it, but according to the author of this book, beef is the better protein for my blood type (OPos).

According to many doctors however, chicken and turkey is better for my joints at my age (66). I happen to love chicken and turkey and eat a lot of it, but according to this blood type diet, I should eat less. Have not actually eaten according to that plan, but might eventually give in.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
I did one of those genopalate nutritional DNA test. In hindsight, I have mixed feelings about giving away that kind of data, but I digress. The results were pretty interesting, and they did provide very specific foods to fit my genetic nutritional needs.

It seems like you're really trying to dial things in, so you may glean a lot of useful information from one of these tests. As long as you don't mind putting your DNA profile in the database lol.

I too am hesitant to give up my DNA for nefarious reasons of course and more so because I worry that insurance companies will get ahold of that info one day and use it to raise your rates or deny you.

Why wouldn’t they do that? Oh the info was promised to beware and secure? Well everyone has a price.

Corporations have rescinded a lot of retirement plans they promised as well.

I just cant fast, it was too much work, and no matter what, by 11:00am I was starving (and that was waking up at like 8:30am). I've also read a lot of counter studies that say "just eat when it works for you, 2,000 calories all at night, or spread out through the day, isn't going to change a whole lot".

I have some friends who fast, and then eat like absolute shit come dinner time. I don't think that's the answer.

Reactions: roguemocha
I too am hesitant to give up my DNA for nefarious reasons of course and more so because I worry that insurance companies will get ahold of that info one day and use it to raise your rates or deny you.

Why wouldn’t they do that? Oh the info was promised to beware and secure? Well everyone has a price.

Corporations have rescinded a lot of retirement plans they promised as well.

Market cap of 23andMe is only about $280 million, looking to go private, if you want to band together with some close friends and acquire the data. Seems like it could be licensed for billions in the world we live in with LLMs.

Market cap of 23andMe is only about $280 million, looking to go private, if you want to band together with some close friends and acquire the data. Seems like it could be licensed for billions in the world we live in with LLMs.
This is exactly what I’m worried about. You’re info is secure until they sell and that two lines buried in the small print says, “if sold the company’s info is then the property of the buyers whom can do as they please with it.”

Reactions: RunninRichie
Question for everyone about diet. Has anyone tried eating foods for blood type? My wife bought a book a few years back reference best foods for blood type. I am not a big fan of beef, can take it or leave it, but according to the author of this book, beef is the better protein for my blood type (OPos).

According to many doctors however, chicken and turkey is better for my joints at my age (66). I happen to love chicken and turkey and eat a lot of it, but according to this blood type diet, I should eat less. Have not actually eaten according to that plan, but might eventually give in.
Warrior, I haven’t heard about the blood type protein choice. I try to vary protein choices from lean cuts of steak, grilled chicken, and beans. Costco has chicken meatballs that wife & I can cook in microwave in a couple of minutes, which makes great quick lunch. Occassionally, I’ll include pork chops just to add some variety. I also drink a couple of high protein drinks daily. Protein bars and protein chips are added as needed to get protein consumption up if needed. I’ll be 70 frick’n years old in about a year and I don’t want to look like a broken down old man. I am lucky to have a wife that enjoys lifting weights with me. This helps on days that I might try to skip a workout. 😀

If only GYERO bought the Silverdome to use as headquarters.

Reactions: roguemocha
Warrior, I haven’t heard about the blood type protein choice. I try to vary protein choices from lean cuts of steak, grilled chicken, and beans. Costco has chicken meatballs that wife & I can cook in microwave in a couple of minutes, which makes great quick lunch. Occassionally, I’ll include pork chops just to add some variety. I also drink a couple of high protein drinks daily. Protein bars and protein chips are added as needed to get protein consumption up if needed. I’ll be 70 frick’n years old in about a year and I don’t want to look like a broken down old man. I am lucky to have a wife that enjoys lifting weights with me. This helps on days that I might try to skip a workout. 😀
I also do a protein shake a day with a protein bar or Legendary pastry/Poptart kind of deal as well to add to my protein intake. Look up Legendary protein and you can see what they have. Pop it in the microwave for about 12-15 seconds and the name Legendary actually fits for me. It is really good but small. 20g of protein per pastry with about 200cals. I still on occasion make pancakes with a mix from Kodiak that has a good amount of protein and it taste good as well.

I did one of those genopalate nutritional DNA test. In hindsight, I have mixed feelings about giving away that kind of data, but I digress. The results were pretty interesting, and they did provide very specific foods to fit my genetic nutritional needs.

It seems like you're really trying to dial things in, so you may glean a lot of useful information from one of these tests. As long as you don't mind putting your DNA profile in the database lol.
Did 23andMe but not the nutritional one. It may have that information as well, but I have not really gone in depth on the results. Probably check that out shortly.

Reactions: Mossip
Did 23andMe but not the nutritional one. It may have that information as well, but I have not really gone in depth on the results. Probably check that out shortly.
In that case, you might as well. You can just get the 23andMe results and import it over, so the costs to get the Genopalate profile should be cheaper. (this was my experience about 5 years ago)

I also do a protein shake a day with a protein bar or Legendary pastry/Poptart kind of deal as well to add to my protein intake. Look up Legendary protein and you can see what they have. Pop it in the microwave for about 12-15 seconds and the name Legendary actually fits for me. It is really good but small. 20g of protein per pastry with about 200cals. I still on occasion make pancakes with a mix from Kodiak that has a good amount of protein and it taste good as well.

The legendary stuff is SO good. I almost can't believe it's a protein product.

Reactions: warrior-cat
For me what has worked best is 16/8 IM. I eat (a lot) between 8 and 4, am never hungry for dinner but can still add in a complete course for social occasions; have no problem eating a large dinner.

I guess I am only "hungry" while I sleep.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Sometimes I eat first thing in the morning, sometimes I go do an entire lift without eating. Just depends on how my stomach feels that morning honestly.

Basically, if I’m hungry I eat but everything is proportioned so I just click the saved meals on my app and add it, boom done with tracking that meal.

That makes it really easy to get within 100-300 cals of my goal without really thinking.

First 10-15# came off FAST, now I’m probably going to have to cut cals a wee bit more down to 2500-2750 to have the abs 100% or close to it.

Not ready for that yet though, enjoying this energy I have where I’m at for another month probably.

Reactions: warrior-cat
@roguemocha, it’s your general history. Remember the day you posted how ugly all the GYERO wives are?

And just the other day mentioning how unattractive women are after children. Or after their 20s.
And I’m sorry to bring this up again but it’s super annoying the double standard here.

Your husband and your best friends whom I’ve met and liked have called a million people on here pieces of shit, die in a fire, I waxed your mom, fag, drive off a bridge, loser whatever it may be and apparently all that is fine and those people should just take it but bringing up women in KY giving up on their looks after bearing children is just off limits?

Is it because it may actually affect you but who cares about those people calling people they don’t know in the internet fags?

Definition of what comedians talk about, everyone laughs at jokes that are funny when about other people until someone is like, “wait that could be me! 😡 not cool comedian guy!” (it’s not you, you look great) but it’s the same exact thing.

Sorry to bring this in here back up but that’s super hypocritical and I’m not going to sit here and have someone say I have a history of bad-mouthing women.

I wrote a whole damn paragraph or two on Mother’s Day saying how awesome women are in GYERO. A decent percentage of the friends I travel to visit are female as well and no it’s not for sex or anything most of the time.

That just really bugged me, so I wanted to set that straight.

FIN

And this is why I tease you all, any petite 6 you all post. Your wives (mostly) are not someone you want to or dream about banging and I’m the one in the wrong? 😬
I’ve seen Gyero wives and they’re hotter than average for sure. That said not many 8-10 wives, they’re 6-8s which is still way better than what most dudes are working with. Most wives are a casual 5-6.

And that’s okay, they’ve given up and have kids.

What are our thoughts on shoulder upright rows? Years back, men's health and other publications wrote them off as being bad for your rotator cuffs, AC joint, etc. I think it's probably been about 10 years since I've done one, and I do believe they are a risk/reward move that I've just figured to skip.

But.. I'm kind of stuck with my should routine.. I do one form of shoulder press, one type of shrug and one type of side lateral raise. I might throw in a 4th exercise, usually a front raise. (Rear delts I do on "pull" days).. kind of feel like I need something else.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
Upright rows feel terrible for me, but if they don't bug you, go for it. Otherwise, I'd just mix up what kind of press you're doing - DB overhead press, military press with a barbell (standing and seated), push press, etc. For lateral raises, you can change up resistance with different angles, using a band or cable instead of DB, lean your forward against a bench and do them that way, do them super lightweight to failure, etc.

Reactions: Hank Camacho
The saddest part about that, isn't so much that the guy is clearly going to have his life cut short by possibly decades.. its more that when you're this big, even your good years are so incredibly limited. He's going to live to 50 (if he's lucky) and 40 of those will likely be awful.

@anthonys735 so I’ve obviously been out of the loop for some time (thanks Cal).

One of your bald jacked single workout buddies that we know is Joey The Bonz, but who is the other one? Is it BbdK? 😂

-if you're having trouble with some of those row movements I'd work on your mobility stuff or try some primer movements.

-back loosely in the original belt loop. Lfg.

-not only slow and steady bf loss but threw a pb 6 reps of 90# dbs seated press. Definitely a sign that prioritizing high protein and recovery is the key.

-soon as I start to see muscle decrease in gonna add in some quality carbs.

-long bike ride yesterday, finally found my legs. Helped we didn't have wind.

-right at 5 weeks to hit my goal and I'm pretty close to on track.

Reactions: NW50 and UK-chulo
Taking Creatine, how much more important is to make sure you stay lifting a 4, 5 maybe 6 times a week? I've often heard that once you're on creatine, you REALLY need to make sure you're hitting your # of gym sessions, or else you will just gain the weight without the muscle.

I only ask because had to do a TON of house projects the last two weeks, and only got to lift maybe.. 5-6 days over those 14 days, which is on the light side for me. And the last few days, I sort of just feel like I've just gained weight. Stuck to pretty healthy eating, kept the drinking down, averaging 11,000 steps a day.. so figured it might just be some of that "creatine weight". Still taking 5g every day.

Hopefully no one set any PRs or otherwise worked out this weekend. If you're working out on Memorial Day weekend in any way other than doing a Murph for charity or whatever, you're doing life wrong, imo.

Hopefully no one set any PRs or otherwise worked out this weekend. If you're working out on Memorial Day weekend in any way other than doing a Murph for charity or whatever, you're doing life wrong, imo.
Did a Murph. PR’d it in a bad way. Slowest Murph ever on Memorial Day. Sad

Back at it in earnest at age 54. Developing the routines and sequences are taking time but I’m getting there. I’m not effing around.

The most sobering reality has been squats and how much power I’ve lost in my legs. It’s damned depressing. I know I’ll never do what I did in the past but damn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT