ADVERTISEMENT

First UK player you remember that you liked?

Kyle Macy. I was young during his time, here, & had an early bedtime bc of school. But, when we had night games that I couldn’t stay up for, dad would come in & wake me up to tell me how many points Macy scored & how he played, overall. I’ve always been a sucker for PGs & shooters. He did a basketball camp locally when I was 9, which was my first year of organized basketball. And, from then on I copied his FT routine, wiping my hands on my socks before every shot. He was extremely personable & generous with his time & quite patient with all of us kids, too, FWIW. He was one of my first sports heroes, along with Pete Rose. I made dad wake me up to lmk how he played in late night games, too, lol.

Ted,,,,,,,,,,,gosh what a great guy. Course I loved those 15 foot hook shots of his. I actually met him 10 years after UK. We played on a volleyball team together. I was way shorter then him and I ended up at the net and he came in behind me to spike the ball. He in fact did do that but his follow through his elbow hit the back of my head and knocked me out cold. First and only time. One thing I will say even a decade after UK the guy could play some basketball. There was a reason he was All-SEC.

Pretty good question … probably vaguely Rex Chapman but I was really young and don’t remember much watching him play, only that he was from just down the road from me so everyone talked about him. After that, probably Derrick Miller.

Reactions: Cawood86
Nash was one of the most gifted players I had ever seen up to that point. If he had had the desire he could have been a great NBA player. H e chose baseball,but was good at golf, tennis and just about anything athletic. He could loaf and get 20 points.
He played against an Auburn center who was an AllAmerican and had bragged about how he would show him up. Nash made over 30 pts and held him to about 8.

Didn't really follow sports till about 2003-2004 I was a young kid. But Patrick Sparks still holds my favorite player badge.

Reactions: Cawood86
Very first vague memories which over time became the first player I ever remember loving. Jamal Mashburn.

Real true player I easily remember liking.
Travis Ford.

Player that early on became my first real favorite as a kid that has spanned time.
Tony Delk.

Player that became tier one but not the first I remember.
Jeff Sheppard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT