ADVERTISEMENT

First UK player you remember that you liked?

Mashburn...started really following Cats in '91-'92.

Rex should probably count as the first but I hardly remember much, just seeing him periodically....I was like 6 or 7 at the time.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Mashburn...started really following Cats in '91-'92.

Rex should probably count as the first but I hardly remember much, just seeing him periodically....I was like 6 or 7 at the time.
I sure remember him. That first impression at midnight madness 1986 was epic. The place was packed before 10 and Rex put on a show. You're making me feel really old.

Reactions: JHannibalSmith
Gettlefinger.
Jk, jk
Robey

116547-2062694444RepFr.jpg

Nothing wrong with Butterfinger
"The Human Victory Cigar."
along with Bo Lanter

Chris surprisingly was 10 out of 16 from the field
For 62.5% lifetime shooter
Bet they never played in a loss.
1977~78 was my first game at Rupp
I saw them beat Magic in Mideast Reguonal Finals
Great Great Great Team
Jay Shidler was my favorite but he already blew out his knee

761100UKStartersA.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigbluecaleb
Reggie Hanson. All suave and when Rick would have him bring it up against the press he was like our own little low-rent miniMagic.

Reactions: Cawood86
Charles Hurt. First game I remember watching had this massive dude in it. I was just a boy and he looked like he could whip the entire planet by himself.

• Haha
116547-2062694444RepFr.jpg

Nothing wrong with Butterfinger
"The Human Victory Cigar."
along with Bo Lanter

Chris surprisingly was 10 out of 16 from the field
For 62.5% lifetime shooter
Bet they never played in a loss.
1977~78 was my first game at Rupp
I saw them beat Magic in Mideast Reguonal Finals
Great Great Great Team
Jay Shidler was my favorite but he already blew out his knee

761100UKStartersA.jpg
There's my man Larry Johnson and Goose

Thanks for that picture

Reactions: bluefaithful
Cotton Nash though he was well before my time. But, a guy called Cotton, how could you not like him? I kid, he was a great player and athlete from what I have learned.

Travis Ford/Jamal Mashburn simultaneously as my first experience with Kentucky was following that '93 team as a boy.

I was heartbroken when they came up short against Michigan.
This. My first UK memory is the Duke game in '92, but '93 is the first season I remember following closely. It still is one of my favorite seasons.

My first UK hero was Dan Issel. He could dominate a game on both ends of the floor The only UK player I have seen since that could even come. Close to him was Jamal Mashburn

Reactions: KFuqua and Cawood86
The first player I ever remember noticing was Jim Master. I was just a kid but I remember him hitting the shot against Louisville in the "Dream Game" to send it to overtime and my Dad going ape shit over it. That one didn't turn out that well but that's probably the first game I ever remember. So Jim Master was one of my first favorites...

However, my first favorite player was actually Roger Harden. I liked him a lot because back in the day, he was a good shooter and I thought he had cool hair. I also attended his basketball camp at the Lexington Ice Center and remember three distinct things about it. #1) Roger wasn't there the whole time, so his brother filled in for him a lot. His brother looked A LOT like him but had darker hair. #2) Roger was very nice when he was there and I remember thinking that was cool because he was one of my heroes because he was on TV. #3) Roger showed up in some Janky ass Pinto or something and that confused me because I thought everyone that was on TV must be rich. LOL

I'm going with Roger Harden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT