ADVERTISEMENT

First time in a minute I've been sad to see a player go

I love Oscar. He screwed up by coming back the first time.
You ain't wrong.
We would have been lucky to make the NIT without Oscar snatching so many rebounds and being a physical force in the paint last year.

That's what a lot of people don't get. Go back and look at some of our slim margins of victory and then remove a huge chunk of our rebounding and second chance attempts.

Reactions: dl51344
I'm not really that sad. I'd have been sad if he did this in April. So much for the "I want to leave the program in a good spot" he peddled.

Let's be real.. he was hard to coach, played zero defense, didn't get along with others on the team, and basically made his decision in such a way that couldn't have possibly been any worse for us. For as stellar as he was in some aspects of his game and approach, he sure had some detriments.

I'll greatly miss the Oscar we had in 2021/22... I'll kind of miss the Oscar we had this past season.. and I won't miss the Oscar of the last month.

Reactions: NociHTTP
What’s a real pro career ? I mean he definitely has pro options overseas if the NBA doesn’t work .
Since you like to argue semantics and love the NBA so much, I'll just say "pro career" and no I don't think he will. Other than being a great rebounder because he shirks other responsibilities as a player, I don't see him doing what you seem to think he will do.

Since you like to argue semantics and love the NBA so much, I'll just say "pro career" and no I don't think he will. Other than being a great rebounder because he shirks other responsibilities as a player, I don't see him doing what you seem to think he will do.
Don’t get why you’re so snappy I just asked a legit question about what do you view about the pros because some feel like it’s failure if a guy doesn’t make the NBA.

I'm not really that sad. I'd have been sad if he did this in April. So much for the "I want to leave the program in a good spot" he peddled.

Let's be real.. he was hard to coach, played zero defense, didn't get along with others on the team, and basically made his decision in such a way that couldn't have possibly been any worse for us. For as stellar as he was in some aspects of his game and approach, he sure had some detriments.

I'll greatly miss the Oscar we had in 2021/22... I'll kind of miss the Oscar we had this past season.. and I won't miss the Oscar of the last month.
Me, either. IF UK is able to find another center, the absence of Oscar is going to be an addition to the program.

We all come up short in some areas, Oscar is no exception. The good he did here outweighs the bad in my opinion

I definitely agree this seems like an announcement that could have been made .

But I don’t think the coaching staff really expected him back when the season ended . They went after Dickinson so I believe they tried to replace him but failed .

Don’t get why you’re so snappy I just asked a legit question about what do you view about the pros because some feel like it’s failure if a guy doesn’t make the NBA.
Sorry. I'm just irritated with players stringing things along, holding the program hostage while we could be out recruiting over them. I'm tired of all the drama, and players sitting out and holding back as the season winds down so as to protect their stock.

Sad to see him go, but happy to see him live his dream. Im glad I got to see him play his last game in a UK uniform.

Oscar with da biatch slap heard round the Commonwealth...

NzvAFEI.png

Didn't think I'd be upset about losing a guy who only led us to ONE NCAA tourney win in 2 years, and I was right. Happy trails kid.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT