ADVERTISEMENT

Final 4 Semi-Finals - Son_Of_Saul vs. DraftCat

Who would win in a 1 game elimination?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't get me wrong, I picked SOS for the win, but I would have expected it to be more like 16-14 or 18-12, than 25-5.

I wonder what would happen quicker a coach pulling Reeves from getting abused in the paint and likely racking up fouls or Walker getting pulled cause Reeves is running around the 3 point line....
The fouls in an interesting point. If ThReeves does foul Walker a few times, he is basically taking himself out of the game.
Fouls is also a consideration for Cousins, who in 23.5 mpg averaged 3.2 fouls/gm. And Kenny Walker was able to draw a lot of fouls, not only on his defender but on help defenders.

Reactions: DraftCat
The fouls in an interesting point. If ThReeves does foul Walker a few times, he is basically taking himself out of the game.
Fouls is also a consideration for Cousins, who in 23.5 mpg averaged 3.2 fouls/gm. And Kenny Walker was able to draw a lot of fouls, not only on his defender but on help defenders.

I'm getting spanked regardless but I do think it's clear the voters aren't considering everything.

3 pointers get all the love regardless of their defensive issues. Are his shooters even playable if I'm getting free throws and dunks at the other end every time down the court.

As I've mentioned several times this matchup would be a rock fight which would favor the better bigger/defensive team.

I'm getting spanked regardless but I do think it's clear the voters aren't considering everything.

3 pointers get all the love regardless of their defensive issues. Are his shooters even playable if I'm getting free throws and dunks at the other end every time down the court.

As I've mentioned several times this matchup would be a rock fight which would favor the better bigger/defensive team.
Yes, and if it's a rock fight it goes against the points scored that the modern day players are putting up-
20 ppg isn't as impressive if as a team you give up 85 every game.

No one mentioned this yet but does Cousins get thrown out when Noel is stuffing him at the rim?

When you have a team built on the back of one and done players and a lineup full of guys that need to score, that can be a recipe for disaster. We have seen it many times over the course of the Cal era. Hoping to win my round and plead my case with the voters.

This has gone far enough. Aside from freaking Mark Pope, Saul doesn’t have a single player that has made a final 4 at UK. I had to triple check that because it seemed unbelievable.

• Wow
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
When you have a team built on the back of one and done players and a lineup full of guys that need to score, that can be a recipe for disaster. We have seen it many times over the course of the Cal era. Hoping to win my round and plead my case with the voters.

This has gone far enough. Aside from freaking Mark Pope, Saul doesn’t have a single player that has made a final 4 at UK. I had to triple check that because it seemed unbelievable.
You've been anticipating meeting me in the finals the whole way through, and you've been making your case trying to minimize the OAD element because you knew it was coming. I knew someone would play the "they don't have many guys who made the Final Four" argument, and it's no surprise - given your record at trashing the OAD every step of this tournament - that you ended up playing that card first.

Logically, your argument doesn't hold water, and intellectually, you already know that.

For one, a guy like Bowie played THREE seasons at UK. Delk played FOUR. Givens played FOUR. WCS played THREE. So obviously that increases their chances of making a Final Four. More seasons = more chances. Most of my best players were only at UK for one season. That has nothing to do with actual talent on the court. You know that. I know that. The voters will know that. Some will certainly buy into your argument, but many will understand that you don't draft Wayne Turner over John Wall in a game like this simply because Turner played in three Final Fours.

Or are we supposed to follow your argument into the weeds and just ignore the fact that your argument, already emaciated and foaming at the mouth, negates Issel, Prince, Bogans, Rondo, Crawford, Chapman, Wall, Patterson, Cousins, Washington, Pelphrey, Hanson, Oscar, Reeves, Meeks, Fox, Meeks, Bam, Quickley, and dozens of other elite players from being considered "real winners" because they didn't make a Final Four?

Again. What does that have to do with real talent? What does that have to do with solid roster construction or a team that has pieces that fit well with one another? You gonna select Jared Prickett or Rod Rhodes over PJ Washington and Antonio Reeves because the former players made a Final Four?

Your recent narrative has been focused on my team. Focus on why your team is great. Try starting there. You have a great team. Tell us why it's the best.

Last edited:
You've been anticipating meeting me in the finals the whole way through, and you've been making your case trying to minimize the OAD element because you knew it was coming. I knew someone would play the "they don't have many guys who made the Final Four" argument, and it's no surprise - given your record at trashing the OAD every step of this tournament - that you ended up playing that card first.

Logically, your argument doesn't hold water, and intellectually, you already know that.

For one, a guy like Bowie played THREE seasons at UK. Delk played FOUR. Givens played FOUR. WCS played THREE. So obviously that increases their chances of making a Final Four. More seasons = more chances. Most of my best players were only at UK for one season. That has nothing to do with actual talent on the court. You know that. I know that. The voters will know that. Some will certainly buy into your argument, but many will understand that you don't draft Wayne Turner over John Wall in a game like this simply because Turner played in three Final Fours.

Or are we supposed to follow your argument into the weeds and just ignore the fact that your argument, already emaciated and foaming at the mouth, negates Issel, Prince, Bogans, Rondo, Crawford, Chapman, Wall, Patterson, Cousins, Washington, Pelphrey, Hanson, Oscar, Reeves, Meeks, Fox, Meeks, Bam, Quickley, and dozens of other elite players from being considered "real winners" because they didn't make a Final Four?

Again. What does that have to do with real talent? What does that have to do with solid roster construction or a team that has pieces that fit well with one another? You gonna select Jared Prickett or Rod Rhodes over PJ Washington and Antonio Reeves because the former players made a Final Four?

Your recent narrative has been focused on my team. Focus on why your team is great. Try starting there. You have a great team. Tell us why it's the best.
I love it man lol. This is what this is all about. You’re one of my favorite posters, but I’m not gonna think about that if we get that matchup. This is war.

• Love
Didn't see a blowout happening. Thought these were the 2 best teams.
Made me think of Uof L vs Houston semi 40 years ago.

Appreciate it... rough outcome for me. Definitely didn't expect this result one of the biggest blowouts I've seen in all my years doing this and it's my team.

I just wish there was more discussion on this board than only just participating in the poll.

Appreciate it... rough outcome for me. Definitely didn't expect this result one of the biggest blowouts I've seen in all my years doing this and it's my team.

I just wish there was more discussion on this board than only just participating in the poll.
I thought it would be close. You have a great team. Thank you for putting together this draft again, sir. You're one of the best posters we have.

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT