ADVERTISEMENT

Few recruiting notes

JRowland

All-American
Staff
May 29, 2001
www.rivals.com
Not a lot popping off right now as the season is the focus. Not many new offers, not many new developments, and typically the summer uncommitteds who still haven't made their decisions by this time will carry it out til the fall.

** Kentucky won't be the choice for Andrew Marsh, the four-star WR, but that's not a huge surprised. Recently he mentioned a bunch of schools he's still considering and Kentucky wasn't one of them. Great talent but UK was on the outside looking in it seems. Had heard coming out of some of those summer visits that Dejerrian Miller was the highly-ranked WR that UK may have felt the best about and he's still a possibility so there's that. I do expect them to add another receiver and also target that spot in the transfer portal. Barion is very likely gone after this year. Dane and Ja'Mori will see how the season goes I'm sure. But the unit should still be in a solid place next season because they should return Fred Farrier, Anthony Brown-Stephens, Hardley Gilmore, and one or both of Key/Maclin. Still need to hit the portal but we have seen that there is no shortage of WR talent in the portal, you can get those guys.

** 2026 QB Ely Hamrick announced a top three of UK, UVA, and App State and I'm not saying he can't be a guy for UK down the road but am hearing he would not be a take right now. UK was the first power conference school to offer him, in the interim between Liam Coen and Bush Hamdan, and understand the interest and keeping things alive in that situation but right now think they would look at other guys.

** UK extended that offer to Ole Miss corner commit Maison Dunn but I haven't heard anything is imminent on that front, just that UK could add another defensive back when you look at position groups that could use help in the '25 class. He just fits their prototype very well and his stock is rising but a lot of schools are in play, not just UK and Ole Miss.

** As mentioned yesterday 2026 QB Cam O'Hara will definitely be visiting Kentucky this fall. We will see how he develops this year, don't get the sense that is something they need to move really quickly on but he's Rivals' No. 1-rated player in the Commonwealth and has some tools. It's going to be depend on what the QB depth chart seems like it's going to look like going into next offseason. 2027 is obviously more important with two 2025 QB commits and they seem to have some guys they really like.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News