ADVERTISEMENT

Feeaking Joke SEC!!!!

#3 &#4 teams in the country play at KPP this weekend and not ONE single station has any of the games scheduled to be shown!! You going to tell me they'd do this to any other SEC school nit named UK!!?

To be fair, I think they schedule the TV stuff well ahead of time. Like, before the season, and try to get everyone on a certain amount of times.

If you want to watch, jump on the ESPN app and search 'Kentucky.' You'll find the games streaming for free as long as you have the SEC Network through your cable provider. Select the game and it'll ask you to log in with your cable provider information to confirm you have that access. Every SEC game is available in this way. So, from here on out, you should have access to every UK game, home and away.

To be fair, I think they schedule the TV stuff well ahead of time. Like, before the season, and try to get everyone on a certain amount of times.

If you want to watch, jump on the ESPN app and search 'Kentucky.' You'll find the games streaming for free as long as you have the SEC Network through your cable provider. Select the game and it'll ask you to log in with your cable provider information to confirm you have that access. Every SEC game is available in this way. So, from here on out, you should have access to every UK game, home and away.
Had to turn down a Sat ticket, but will be there Sunday. Will be watching Friday. I'm just making a point about SEC bias. Even the SEC NOW gives them limited coverage despite a 2+ game lead in the conference. Do you think for a minute if this were Arky vs Puke Orange that all three games wouldn't be on SECN.

Reactions: blubo
Had to turn down a Sat ticket, but will be there Sunday. Will be watching Friday. I'm just making a point about SEC bias. Even the SEC NOW gives them limited coverage despite a 2+ game lead in the conference. Do you think for a minute if this were Arky vs Puke Orange that all three games wouldn't be on SECN.

Again, I'm almost positive the tv schedule is made well before the season and doesn't change based on who is good or bad. For instance, UK schedule already shows the Saturday and Sunday games against USC next weekend are on the SEC network. Same thing with Florida series. So, it's premade.

I will agree that the national guys do talk about some teams differently. They definitely fawn over teams like LSU, Arky, Ole Miss, Miss State and seem to know more about them even when they're not great. But that's fine. Let them keep underestimating us.

You must be a really important guy to turn down a Sat ticket. Just glad you will be watching on Friday. You are wrong about Arkansas vs UT, it would be on ESPN. Those are big time baseball powers—plus the TV schedules are made in the preseason. No one saw this as being a matchup of top 5s. It will be a great weekend of baseball!

#3 &#4 teams in the country play at KPP this weekend and not ONE single station has any of the games scheduled to be shown!! You going to tell me they'd do this to any other SEC school nit named UK!!?
This is not a matter of bias. The TV schedule is determined before the season starts (if there were bias, then they sure as hell wouldn't have shown our sunday game against Mizzou or our Thursday night game against Auburn on ESPNU).

Teams like LSU and Florida (and lately UT) are getting more prime games on ESPN and ESPN2 b/c of their histories. If UK makes it to Omaha this year and we start to have sustained success, then we'll be in the spotlight games a lot more often.

This is not a matter of bias. The TV schedule is determined before the season starts (if there were bias, then they sure as hell wouldn't have shown our sunday game against Mizzou or our Thursday night game against Auburn on ESPNU).

Teams like LSU and Florida (and lately UT) are getting more prime games on ESPN and ESPN2 b/c of their histories. If UK makes it to Omaha this year and we start to have sustained success, then we'll be in the spotlight games a lot more often.
Spot on. When UK hosts a Regional, wins it, and then hosts a Super this season (I think they will), UK baseball will be broadcast all over the ESPN channels. They are already the most surprising team in the country (despite a great season last year, 14-1 in SEC is absurd) and one of the most fun/entertaining teams to watch play college baseball. The team is full of interesting personalities. Trust me, ESPN is sick about not having this weekend’s series on the main network.

You must be a really important guy to turn down a Sat ticket. Just glad you will be watching on Friday. You are wrong about Arkansas vs UT, it would be on ESPN. Those are big time baseball powers—plus the TV schedules are made in the preseason. No one saw this as being a matchup of top 5s. It will be a great weekend of baseball!
Health issues

Seems like they could easily do this similar to football, even if it means changing thee start time of a game here and there. I can understand scheduling the first several weeks ahead of time, but when things start to shake out, they should be able to start showcasing more high profile games and getting those on TV.

Seems like they could easily do this similar to football, even if it means changing thee start time of a game here and there. I can understand scheduling the first several weeks ahead of time, but when things start to shake out, they should be able to start showcasing more high profile games and getting those on TV.

I think the concept is that the SEC has promised each team a certain number of games on television. I don't know if that number is even or not, but everyone gets at least a minimum. In football, everyone gets pretty much every game on television with just 1 a year game being ESPN+ for each team. So, in football, the TV people are merely deciding different slot times and different stations. In baseball, only 1 or 2 games are shown on any given weekend and not the entire SEC slate. So, to make it easier, they decide ahead of time which games to show so they ensure that each team gets their minimum number. Doing it weekly might make it more difficult to balance that out as they'd want to always showcase the best teams and matchups and the teams that are weaker or have poorer seasons would be much less of a priority.

no. when you do that you will get a prompt telling you have to upgrade to sec+ for additional monthly fee. $10 i think
you can’t watch sec+/espn+ unless it’s included in your subscription package.

no. when you do that you will get a prompt telling you have to upgrade to sec+ for additional monthly fee. $10 i think

SEC+ is free if you have the SEC network with your cable or tv subscription. ESPN+ is an additional fee. All SEC home games are on SEC+ for free. I imagine most here have SEC Network in some way.

Why the laugh?

SEC+ is free if you have the SEC network with your cable or tv subscription. ESPN+ is an additional fee. All SEC home games are on SEC+ for free. I imagine most here have SEC Network in some way.
i have youtube tv with sec, four espn channels and i cannot get sec+ for free. like i said whenever i try to access a game i get a prompt saying i have to pay additional monthly fee, for sec+ or espn+. believe me i’ve tried for two years now.

i had this discussion with someone here last year—maybe you?

Last edited:
i have youtube tv with sec, four espn channels and i cannot get sec+ for free. like i said whenever i try to access a game i get a prompt saying i have to pay additional monthly fee, for sec or espn. believe me i’ve tried for two years now.

i had this discussion with someone here last year—maybe you?

I have YoutubeTV. SEC+ is free. I'm watching it through that right now. ESPN+ is extra. There should be no ESPN+ coverage of this game. So if you go into the ESPN app it should only be the one link which is through SEC+.

It'll ask you to login with your tv provider. You'll go to espn.com/activate on your phone and enter the code and then log into YoutubeTV and it should pop up on your tv.

I have YoutubeTV. SEC+ is free. I'm watching it through that right now. ESPN+ is extra. There should be no ESPN+ coverage of this game. So if you go into the ESPN app it should only be the one link which is through SEC+.

It'll ask you to login with your tv provider. You'll go to espn.com/activate on your phone and enter the code and then log into YoutubeTV and it should pop up on your tv.
i get a message “not included in your spectrum tv subscription”
although i have youtube tv i have spectrum wifi. i don’t understand but maybe spectrum is the issue

i get a message “not included in your spectrum tv subscription”
although i have youtube tv i have spectrum wifi. i don’t understand but maybe spectrum is the issue

In the top right corner of the app is the little settings wheel thing. If you click on that does it show your tv provider as Spectrum? If so, see if you can logout of that and log in through YoutubeTV instead. I'm guessing that could be the problem.

In the top right corner of the app is the little settings wheel thing. If you click on that does it show your tv provider as Spectrum? If so, see if you can logout of that and log in through YoutubeTV instead. I'm guessing that could be the problem.
😂
👏🏻

i’ll be damned. genius. i did that, changed tv provider to youtube tv and bingo!
thanks. appreciate.

Last edited:
😂
👏🏻

i’ll be damned. genius. i did that, changed tv provider to toutube tv and bingo!
thanks. aporeciate. i’ll buy you one
YES!!! I had my fingers crossed for ya. Glad we could get it squared away. Enjoy!!

• Love
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT