Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Slim Chickens

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
Here’s a little honey dipped chicken secret

351289LOGO

Zaxby's coleslaw is always cold and fresh. That's what's missing from Chikfila. A good cup of coleslaw should be mandatory for any good sandwich. I also like Zaxby's crinkle seasoned fries.

If Popeyes could consistently serve you well prepared food they'd have the best tasting menu in all of fast food, but the problem is you only get a good meal from them about once every five trips.

KFC needs to throw those big doughy biscuits out and just straight ripoff Popeyes.

Tried chester’s gizzards for first time today. the good: they are fried only when you order, takes 7-8 mins. $3.49 for a small order which was more than i could eat, and i could always wolf a large order of famous recipe’s in minutes, no problem. fresh fried, crispy spicy breading. very tasty.
Not so good: although tasty, most were kinda gristly and tough. if they could figure out how to tenderize them they would be top shelf.

Last edited:
Lee's founder, Lee Cummings, was the nephew of Colonel Sanders. KFC has lost it's flavor but Lee's is very reminiscent of KFC when it was still Kentucky Fried Chicken. Have to agree with starchief5 though, tough to choose because quality is so inconsistent between stores.
I haven't had Lee's Famous Recipe since I was a teen back in the late 80's. Enjoyed their extra crispy back then. Anyone know if they've kept their chicken the same the last 30 years? I don't really live near or go to the areas much where the few stores are located in Louisville. I might make a special trip if it's the same crispy goodness from my childhood. Unfortunately most places always screw with what works and change things.

I haven't had Lee's Famous Recipe since I was a teen back in the late 80's. Enjoyed their extra crispy back then. Anyone know if they've kept their chicken the same the last 30 years? I don't really live near or go to the areas much where the few stores are located in Louisville. I might make a special trip if it's the same crispy goodness from my childhood. Unfortunately most places always screw with what works and change things.
Still pretty good at the ones here in ohio but i don’t think they have extra crispy. i like their potato wedges. they’ve removed livers and gizzards from their menu.

I can't tell much difference if any over the years. Contrast that to the drastic awful change by kfc

Reactions: KyCatFan
Lee's founder, Lee Cummings, was the nephew of Colonel Sanders. KFC has lost it's flavor but Lee's is very reminiscent of KFC when it was still Kentucky Fried Chicken. Have to agree with starchief5 though, tough to choose because quality is so inconsistent between stores.
Never heard that before.

Not fast food, but if you're ever in Asheville....

images
Sounds interesting.

Back in the 90’s I guess when Hardee’s sold fried chicken, it was the best with Lee’s right behind. Now not only is the chicken gone but Hardee’s too.

Lee’s soft opening sounds downright sexual to me.

It would make a good Jodeci song

Ooooh girl, you don’t have to rush.
You might not be finger-lickin, but I’m down to crush.
Let me slide into to that fryer that you’re soakin’ in,
And get a little taste of that … soft opening

*K-Ci voice* Yeeaaaahh ay-eee-yeah ay-eee-yeah …

Reactions: gobigbluebell
Gas station chicken is usually more consistent than 90% of that list, and better. Dodge's over in Muldraugh was excellent. I haven't been over that way in years, though. Rooster Run in Bardstown had some great chicken.

Reactions: birdforbogey
Gas station chicken is usually more consistent than 90% of that list, and better. Dodge's over in Muldraugh was excellent. I haven't been over that way in years, though. Rooster Run in Bardstown had some great chicken.
Sad to report the Rooster Run general store is closed. Not sure if it was due to Covid or retirement though.

Hardees is gone? Someone must have forgotten to tell the folks who run the one where I live. 😂
Where do you live? I live in Louisville and the one in JTown is closed and I am not sure about the one on FernValley Rd. I am never out that way anymore. Not sure about any others

Where do you live? I live in Louisville and the one in JTown is closed and I am not sure about the one on FernValley Rd. I am never out that way anymore. Not sure about any others
New Hardees at Westport and Chamberlain lane. In Walmart parking lot. If youre needing a fix

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT