ADVERTISEMENT

Everything was bad yesterday

gamalielkid

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 21, 2002
I'm really disappointed as most are but UK shouldn't agree to play a game at Kroger unless it is a night game. The UK band was awful in my opinion, the in game music selection from the PA not only sounded bad but were lousy selection. The fans were NEVER excited about the game like the game we waited for over 2 hours last week. The place was dead - the team was dead and the crowd was never into the game. It was just a terrible day at Kroger.

I said this and I know I'm not alone - last year after the A & M fiasco I wanted Stoops gone. I felt he had made his choice. We need a guy who wants to be here. I am excited about Mark Pope, because he played at UK, loves UK and wanted to be here. I think we need the same thing in a football coach, we have the same potential for a football coach at the moment. It's time for a change.

People will say its an over reaction and who we going to get who will do better? Here's my answer. I have been behind and supported Coach Stoops and he had built a strong foundation, but he is a foundation builder and did it well. But it has been a foundation only so long it is starting to crumble. You can only go so far with a foundation - now we need someone to take that foundation build something bigger on it. It's time!

I was so upset last night I almost put my tickets for the rest of the season up for sale - but I have calmed down - I will come two more weeks to the games. We will all know a lot more about this team in two weeks and what this coaching staff is truly capable of getting done. Is this team really a bowl team - was South Carolina truly that good - we will find out. One last thing - I travel over 800 miles to come to games. I bought season tickets six years ago - I am not someone who just watches on TV. I have attended at least one away game every year as well. Yesterday was the biggest disappointment in the Stoops era! Not that we lost - but how we played - or I should I say how we didn't play.

Go Big Blue!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.