ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone wondering what is wrong with recruiting

Possibly. Nevermind all the F-Bombs Coach K has dropped in huddles over the years.
That is in the huddle, he is not out on the floor yelling and confusing the guys trying to play. Do your coaching in the huddle, and then if they do not perform, bench them, this ain't rocket science.

If you want to criticize Cal about different things, I’m open to it, but this yelling thing that some fans are fixated on?! Show me one major coach out there that isnt yelling

Possibly. Nevermind all the F-Bombs Coach K has dropped in huddles over the years.

He's just like his mentor Knight. Don't surprised if you hear some real horror stories about him after he retires.

"I remember someone telling me about [former Duke player] Taylor King during his freshman year and how he thought his name was ‘m_____f____r,' because that's how Coach K got his attention. I don't know how true it is. I mean, he's a great coach and I'm not going to deny that at all, but the way he handles his players or acts with the refs and media, sometimes it kind of rubs people the wrong way."

A New York Post reporter, sitting behind Duke's bench during a 2005 game, described the proceedings during a team huddle thusly:

Krzyzewski himself was an unfiltered Chris Rock concert for much of the day, but one of his assistants was worse. During one timeout, with the starters sitting on the bench, gulping Gatorade, this was his idea of "coaching" them: "You're a bleep, and you're a bleep, and you're a bleeping bleep-bleeper of a bleeper-bleeper. You bleepers don't bleeping deserve to wear the bleeping colors of Duke University! Bleep! Are you bleeping bleeping me? Bleep all of you. Get out of my bleeping faces."

At which point, he was replaced by Krzyzewski, whose assessment was far more succinct: "You bleeping make me bleeping sick."

That's more bleeps than a Source Awards telecast.
"His mouth is terrible. He has that reputation. You don't want kids sitting behind the bench, that's for sure," says former UNC guard Dewey Burke. "It takes a certain kind of player to deal with that over the course of four years. As players sitting around, yeah, we'll talk about how I don't know how I could play for a guy like that."

One of Coach K's tried-and-true motivating tactics is reportedly to completely blast the freshmen and other weak-link players during practice, only to later send a senior over to the player's room to explain why he was so angry.

https://deadspin.com/5893113/coach-k-is-a-dick

coach-k-face.jpg

Reactions: JerseyCat84
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT