ADVERTISEMENT

Evan Daniels calls Jaden McDaniels standout at USA minicamp

There it is. Daniels just said McDaniels is 6’9”, not 6’11” like his employer’s website reports. I knew it wasn’t just lighting, posture, and camera distance. #vindicated

My wishlist at this point runs in this order:

#1. McDaniels.
#2. Anyone else Cal wants.

There it is. Daniels just said McDaniels is 6’9”, not 6’11” like his employer’s website reports. I knew it wasn’t just lighting, posture, and camera distance. #vindicated
I like the fact 247 has him ranked #5 too.

Is he leaning away yet?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I dunno... He's from Kansas and there has to be SOME sort of perk to playing in his home state.

If the "help" isn't there for him he should probably just "Forrest Gump" away from that dumpster fire. Lol.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
I just hope he doesn't want to play with his brother.If so it will be impossible for Cal to sway him.

I dunno... He's from Kansas and there has to be SOME sort of perk to going there.

If the "help" isn't there for him he should probably just "Forrest Gump" away from that dumpster fire. Lol.

giphy.gif

I found that movie location. It's down in South Carolina.

I just hope he doesn't want to play with his brother.If so it will be impossible for Cal to sway him.
Odds of this happening are slim, Jalen is a likely first round pick after this year and almost left last year. Now from what I've heard SDSU definitely has a good shot, Jaden is a low key guy and it's possible he won't want all the expectations and fandom that comes with going to a blue blood. He really values his relationships with SDSU coaches and players, and his trainers really like sdsu too. Of course if Kentucky offers like with 99% of guys they will have a legit shot, I wouldn't rule out any of his final 5 but UCLA. Of course UK has to offer him at some point.

On another note I do think he is a bit overrated, to me he's more of a fringe top 10 prospect than top 5, he has very good length, he has a nice handle, with a good jumper. Some of the scouting reports overrate his jumper though, he's not a knockdown guy, and obviously he needs to get stronger.

Odds of this happening are slim, Jalen is a likely first round pick after this year and almost left last year. Now from what I've heard SDSU definitely has a good shot, Jaden is a low key guy and it's possible he won't want all the expectations and fandom that comes with going to a blue blood. He really values his relationships with SDSU coaches and players, and his trainers really like sdsu too. Of course if Kentucky offers like with 99% of guys they will have a legit shot, I wouldn't rule out any of his final 5 but UCLA. Of course UK has to offer him at some point.

On another note I do think he is a bit overrated, to me he's more of a fringe top 10 prospect than top 5, he has very good length, he has a nice handle, with a good jumper. Some of the scouting reports overrate his jumper though, he's not a knockdown guy, and obviously he needs to get stronger.

Thanks for the insight from out West.

Reactions: sdsufan10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT