ADVERTISEMENT

European League will become the new Prep School?

MethodUK

Junior
Mar 29, 2009
Just my opinion but would like to hear your thoughts! The style, play, and development of European players is taking over the landscape of basketball in my opinion. I can see in the next 3-5 years players leaving early to play overseas, get better training, make a little $$, then come back for college or the draft. The NBA has done a great job making this sport worldwide!! I can see this model taking shape sooner than later.

Young kids should chose this over AAU ball.

But still gotta be too cool for school, and go to tattoo parlor in the mean time.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Some might do it, but I don’t see it becoming the norm by any means. Mainly because most 15-18 years olds are not equipped to move overseas and take care of themselves.

We’ve seen some highly rated recruits choose to play internationally in recent years, but most are still going to want to stay in the states.

Just my opinion but would like to hear your thoughts! The style, play, and development of European players is taking over the landscape of basketball in my opinion. I can see in the next 3-5 years players leaving early to play overseas, get better training, make a little $$, then come back for college or the draft. The NBA has done a great job making this sport worldwide!! I can see this model taking shape sooner than later.
I’d love to see it happen but there is a huge downside for American kids who are products of the AAU system. They run a real risk of getting exposed playing against grown men with fundamentals, in a physical style of ball. We see how many five stars have struggled just coming into the SEC.

A byproduct may be even more euro kids getting drafted seeing how they fare against US five stars. Just my opinion.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Young kids should chose this over AAU ball.

But still gotta be too cool for school, and go to tattoo parlor in the mean time.
And wear sleeves and knee braces when they're not needed. It's nauseating, especially when you see pre-teens doing it. I'll take 100 Z's any day. He's better than both AB and Ugonna combined.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT