ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Sucks!!!

cats2010

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Gotta love that they build 2:30 hour window prior to UNS-Duke. Of course that game will not get over until around 8:45 or later forcing UK-Fla to delay their tip and ultimately start on one of the alternate channels. Starting UNS-Duke game at 6:15 and UK-FLA at 8:30 just makes too much sense for that snot wad organization!!

Gotta love that they build 2:30 hour window prior to UNS-Duke. Of course that game will not get over until around 8:45 or later forcing UK-Fla to delay their tip and ultimately start on one of the alternate channels. Starting UNS-Duke game at 6:15 and UK-FLA at 8:30 just makes too much sense for that snot wad organization!!
I'm right there with you. Games typically run over two hours. What's the use of setting your DVR to a specific channel if the start of the game is bumped to a different channel?

ESPN needs to offer a stand alone full streaming package or at least a full streaming package as part of a Disney+ bundle. Honestly think that the only thing that’s keeping traditional cable/satellite hanging on is sports. Way past overdue to be able to pay $5-$20 a month and see every single thing ESPN has to offer without having to have cable. I can’t even watch the stuff that gets moved to ESPN News at the start because that’s not part of the cable package I use.

More viewers, more ads, more ad dollars, more money. All about the Benjis.
Then just schedule accordingly!!!

I'm with the OP, it is BULLCRAP that ESPN makes sure the previous game before their PRECIOUS ACC SLURPFEST won't have ANY possibility of running over.

We get the late game again Tuesday. How come? I can’t recall ever having so many and bunched together too.

I'm right there with you. Games typically run over two hours. What's the use of setting your DVR to a specific channel if the start of the game is bumped to a different channel?
You're onto something here. TV channels hate DVR because you can skip their ads. Smacking these together forces people to either miss the first part of their game on DVR, or have to watch, thus putting eyeballs on advertisements.

It would not surprise me one bit if this is why they do it.

not counting all the dead time from wiping sweat off of floor from all the flops

It isn't an ESPN problem, it's an NCAA basketball problem that could easily be solved by some rule changes. It's insane that you can't play a 40 minute game in 2 hours or less. But no, the NCAA will sit on their hands as basketball continues to be a garbage product.

50 minutes for first half. If 15 minutes for half, and 50 again in second half it would end at 8:30.

We know that won’t happen but UK tip is 8:35 or later maybe we won’t miss too much, sans OT.

Duke had 4 fouls in first half so that keeps the clock moving. Expect the same in Half 2 for them. OTOH Duke likely in Double bonus halfway thru 2nd half.

Duke plays pretty good man D

You don't say😀

Why not start UK game at 8:45?

Yes, and beyond that it’s absolutely maddening how long the ends of these games take to play.

Remember, the job of the officials is one thing and one thing only….EVEN UP FOUL CALLS. If the foul discrepancy gets beyond 3 either way they will bang phantom whistles to get it even or within one.

Every coach at every level points out the foul discrepancy when complaining to officials.
I totally agree with you and it maddening!

Reactions: Fox2monk
Guaranteed overtime here

Wow. This whole thread was much ado about nothing.

ddf5qh8-64b0e6b2-9012-4438-9f26-19985cadab41.jpg

Wow. This whole thread was much ado about nothing.
Not really. It was more about the fact that espn built in a 2:30 hour window for their slurp fest game than it was about missing the beginning of our game. ESPN schedules every single game 2 hours apart but their love child’s game. Perhaps you can check out espns schedule next Saturday and see if you can spot a 2:30 window.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT