ADVERTISEMENT

ESG Credit Scores - This should scare hell out of everyone

Term limits would solve a ton, but will never happen.

Honestly, I fear term limits would just increase the power of lobbyists or of unelected strategists and aides drafting legislation while elected officials just vote yes or no. I don't like 40 and 50 year veterans running the place either, but I'm skeptical of that fix.

Honestly, I fear term limits would just increase the power of lobbyists or of unelected strategists and aides drafting legislation while elected officials just vote yes or no. I don't like 40 and 50 year veterans running the place either, but I'm skeptical of that fix.

The whole point of a politician is someone that is part of the population, part of a certain area gets elected to represent it, tries to improve it, and then goes back to live and work in that area. That way you can’t vote for things that will ultimately hurt the people, because you have to go back and live under the legislation you passed. It’s the ultimate checks and balances. Unlimited terms completely goes against the whole point of politics.

Come on my man, I know that. I'm saying the fact that I haven't seen a list someone made naming every Republican billionaire donor doesnt mean Republicans dont have billionaire donors. The list I could find showed the TOP donors evenly split between parties.

You mean you couldn't find the list that favored your opinion that billionaires donate evenly to both parties. Sorry you guys win that contest hands down. Do Republicans have billionaire donors? Yes, but it's a small percent compared to Dem billionaire donors.

Sorry you guys win that contest hands down. Do Republicans have billionaire donors? Yes, but it's a small percent compared to Dem billionaire donors.

You don't know that at all, you're making that up. It's not on me to go compile a list of every billionaire who's given money to a Republican, You make a claim, it's on you to provide evidence.

I agree with your first statement. However, in today's society, we've seen many examples of racist statements from non-white Americans but it's assumed that only white (and, sometimes, only white men) can be racist. I personally don't believe that. I believe that anyone can be a racist. So, will this ESG credit score be applied equally across all races, genders, religious beliefs, sexual orientations or will there be a slant to favor one group over another, i.e., discrimination? We see reverse discrimination in college admissions all the time. Will this be another weapon to continue to set one race/gender/sexual orientation/religious belief against a different one? I, for one, am skeptical that this isn't just another social engineering ploy so that everyone is forced to say/act/speak/think the exact same way or suffer the consequences.
There is no such thing as reverse discrimination. It’s either discrimination or it’s not.

I'm much more suspicious of people who can't answer the questions that I ask, like you, than I am of any talking head that I don't listen to anyway.

Again, what if people can't afford a Tesla? Or solar panels or anything else? Are you advocating for the government to be responsible for supplying all modes of transportation and installing solar panels on every home? Will people be punished for charging their iPhones too much and using more energy than the government has rationed for us as individuals?
If you aren’t going to read and comprehend when a person answers your question, don’t keep asking the same question over and over.

If you aren’t going to read and comprehend when a person answers your question, don’t keep asking the same question over and over.

I only saw presumptions that the system can't be abused in any way and dismissal of my questions based on that presumption. I did not see answers to my questions on the theoretical premise that abuse of the system is possible.

I hope that you were just as upset when the media kept asking Trump the same questions over and over despite him giving answers about disavowing certain ideologies.

Reactions: BigSexyCat
There is no such thing as reverse discrimination. It’s either discrimination or it’s not.

He's not using the words that you want him to use, but does it really make a difference?

You know exactly what he is talking about, don't you? If not, then maybe ask for a clarification? I have never understood people who get so caught up over the precise use of language over comprehension. That's a good example of elitism to me.

If you are having a conversation with a person and they misuse a word or phrase, but you completely comprehend the message they are conveying, then why does it matter if they misused that word or phrase? It doesn't because you understood anyway.

Be careful with this type of elitism or else you might be accused of racism like schools with traditional grading scales. You wouldn't want that accusation negatively impacting your social credit score.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigSexyCat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT