ADVERTISEMENT

Eric Reibe....the next Nowitzki?

davekersey

Junior
Oct 10, 2007
Naples, Florida
can Coach convince him to come even thought Moreno is aboard? Reibe could be the stretch four, even though he's 7 foot, and play the five some. Guy can shoot lights out and has most all the tools needed to advance to the NBA already.

Also, what about Ament? I don't see him being talked about as a UK candidate.

can Coach convince him to come even thought Moreno is aboard? Reibe could be the stretch four, even though he's 7 foot, and play the five some. Guy can shoot lights out and has most all the tools needed to advance to the NBA already.

What I am hoping. Reibe would be big to go with Garrison and Moreno. We need three seven footers, on could get hurt anytime but also Garrison and Moreno are 5's and it looks like Reibe could be our 4 with the way he shoots from everywhere and can handle and move. Nico Bundalo also a four that can shoot from all over and is a 6-10 guy if don't get Reibe. Just so we get one of those two.

Big Nate very slim and looks like he can play the 3. Moves and shoots great. Those are the frontcourt guys I really want as top priority.

I think reibe lost his shot when Moreno pulled the lever. I think we would have landed reibe eventually. If garrison blows up and goes pro then I think pope replaces him from transfer portal. I think we are all in on cenak, ament, mullins, and yesseoufou. We take all of them if that is even possible. Bundalo is a nice backup to this bunch, possibly Caleb Wilson. As pope has said often, with each new player that changes the dynamic of their needs.

Guys, I think the days of bringing in 6-7-8, maybe even 5, Freshmen are over. So we have to be selective.

There is a good chance next year we return: Oweh, Garrison, Almonor, Noah, Chandler & Perry. Let's say 1 transfers, that's still 5 returning.
And it's nearly impossible to get a 13th guy to come in, when there are 12 quality players, even a 12th can be tough.
I would expect most years going forward, we return 5-7, we add 3-4 FR and 2-4 transfers.
Next year specifically, if we did return those 6 above, I would guess 3-4 FR and 2-3 transfers.
We already have Moreno. That just leaves 2-3 FR spots left. Hopefully we can get Wilson or Cam.Boozer. That leaves 1-2 spots, probably to perimeter players.

Reactions: deep3 and NociHTTP
Is he still scheduled for a visit?
Is Reibe more "ready to play" than Moreno? I have read that he was, especially offensive wise.
I would think there was room for both, as they could play different positions.
Also like Ament and the 6'5" kid that Arizona is involved with as well

We almost got the 1st Nowitzki (Dirk) let's hope we have better recruiting luck this time. And if he's as good as Dirk Nowitzki & we get him, NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP HERE WE COME.

I prefer to stay away from the “NBA ready” type of players, personally. I admit, I don’t know much about this person but Pope seems to stir away from the guys that are only looking to make a pit stop here for a year before heading off to the NBA.
I think "NBA ready" is fine if we actually get mileage from them while they are here. The problem has been "players first and play if you feel like it"

Guys, I think the days of bringing in 6-7-8, maybe even 5, Freshmen are over. So we have to be selective.

There is a good chance next year we return: Oweh, Garrison, Almonor, Noah, Chandler & Perry. Let's say 1 transfers, that's still 5 returning.
And it's nearly impossible to get a 13th guy to come in, when there are 12 quality players, even a 12th can be tough.
I would expect most years going forward, we return 5-7, we add 3-4 FR and 2-4 transfers.
Next year specifically, if we did return those 6 above, I would guess 3-4 FR and 2-3 transfers.
We already have Moreno. That just leaves 2-3 FR spots left. Hopefully we can get Wilson or Cam.Boozer. That leaves 1-2 spots, probably to perimeter players.
I hope those years are over.
Too many freshmen has grown very stale.

Reactions: NociHTTP
I think "NBA ready" is fine if we actually get mileage from them while they are here. The problem has been "players first and play if you feel like it"
There are literally people in this thread who are STILL salivating over "top freshman", whether they contribute to anything significant here or not, just so that can remind everyone once a week how they're doing in the NBA. :/

I couldn't possibly care what a freshman does numbers-wise, if he's not helping this team before he helps himself.

Reactions: TeoJ
I prefer to stay away from the “NBA ready” type of players, personally. I admit, I don’t know much about this person but Pope seems to stir away from the guys that are only looking to make a pit stop here for a year before heading off to the NBA.
Gonna still have to take those guys every once in a while, especially if they are taylor made for the system. If Riebe can be a stretch 4 at his height, then bring him on. Moreno is not a threat from 3 point range. He will primarily be a rim protector, rebounder and score down low. He's strictly a 5. Riebe and Moreno could be on the court together.

The only NBA freshman I want are Freshman that perform beyond expectations and earn it. Too many 5 stars believe they are destined for the NBA off their high school rankings.

Now if you can get a John Wall type for a year I think you do it. But you can't have end of the bench type NBA talents it's got to be ROY type.

In the transfer portal era, you absolutely take the "NBA ready" players. If guys aren't getting good minutes by their sophomore season, they are hitting the portal anyway.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT