ADVERTISEMENT

Enough Sampling. Unfortunately...

TheBlueMax

Junior
Jan 1, 2003
Kentucky
...just not that good.

I love these kids who chose to wear the blue and white, but they're not anywhere good enough to be a dominant winning team like we want them to be. We can disect this team and this season all we want, but ONCE AGAIN, like last year and many years since Calipari's high water mark of 2015, we are just not that good. Youth, injuries, and a stubborn coach (who was humble and grateful in the beginning but is now a person who now lacks the humility needed to continue here) equals the formula for wholesale losing.

You cannot go to war with green, inexperienced privates in your foxhole, you must have some John Basilone type warriors... and you know it and I know it, this will not change under Calipari. You cannot keep doing the same damn thing and expect a different result; on the contrary, with the portal and so much parity in college basketball, it is even more imperative than ever before to amass as much experience as you can. By the way, we would likely agree that three guys are the only ones who exhibit qualities of professional athletes: Antonio, Rob, and Reed. That is it. Let's see if others stay as they should or if we have the expected mass exodus.

No, I wish it were different, but we have considerable weaknesses in many categories...this team is just not that good.

R.839c8cc6fad72a62d1c4a044b803e93f

Stop trying to prop up Cal. We have good players and an OBVIOUS winning Bennie Lineup. Any decent top 20 coach would have this team at 22-4 or better right now.

All these kids care about is getting to the league. They don’t care about winning at Kentucky. Get some damn players who actually care, it shows every single game with the effort some of them give.

...just not that good.

I love these kids who chose to wear the blue and white, but they're not anywhere good enough to be a dominant winning team like we want them to be. We can disect this team and this season all we want, but ONCE AGAIN, like last year and many years since Calipari's high water mark of 2015, we are just not that good. Youth, injuries, and a stubborn coach (who was humble and grateful in the beginning but is now a person who now lacks the humility needed to continue here) equals the formula for wholesale losing.

You cannot go to war with green, inexperienced privates in your foxhole, you must have some John Basilone type warriors... and you know it and I know it, this will not change under Calipari. You cannot keep doing the same damn thing and expect a different result; on the contrary, with the portal and so much parity in college basketball, it is even more imperative than ever before to amass as much experience as you can. By the way, we would likely agree that three guys are the only ones who exhibit qualities of professional athletes: Antonio, Rob, and Reed. That is it. Let's see if others stay as they should or if we have the expected mass exodus.

No, I wish it were different, but we have considerable weaknesses in many categories...this team is just not that good.
Nope. This team coukd be very dominant if the right coach was running it.

Dillingham and Sheppard are too good to sit. Thiero is a beast. Reeves can light it up. Ugo is good enoufh in the paint.

Yet he continues to start DJ and Edwards. Does not use his 2 best guards enough. Very few if any guards can stay in front of Dillingham. He can shoot. He can drive. He can pass. DJ is not near facilitator Dillingham is. Sheppard is a very good shooter and passer. These 2 players should get 30 plus mins a game every night

Last edited:
All these kids care about is getting to the league. They don’t care about winning at Kentucky. Get some damn players who actually care, it shows every single game with the effort some of them give.
I sincerely wish everyone would shut the hell up about the "DRAFT", draft projections or draft status. I'm just sick of hearing about it. I could give two shits about the draft, I don't care about today's NBA ... it all just sucks to me. I don't watch it, but I have watched its impact destroy everything that is good about college basketball, which I love.

I sincerely wish everyone would shut the hell up about the "DRAFT", draft projections or draft status. I'm just sick of hearing about it. I could give two shits about the draft, I don't care about today's NBA ... it all just sucks to me. I don't watch it, but I have watched its impact destroy everything that is good about college basketball, which I love.
My sentiments exactly.
That's why it isn't fun anymore for me to watch UK. This mindset that we have to have every top 10 recruit only to watch the shitshow that we see has just simply worn out its welcome from my perspective. UK basketball doesn't mean shit to the players or the dumbass that is the coach. Apparently it doesn't mean shit to the so called AD or those sitting on the board.

Reactions: KFuqua
1. Id argue starting Dilly and Shep has been beyond stupid not have them in floor to start game and second half. At this point of season Wqgner averages more minutes than Dilly is stupid. Hell Edwards is only two minutes behind Dilly
2. But to your point…the consistent strategy to lean on high school kids that hardly plan on more than one year at Ky is the dumbest plan. And Cal can’t get off that merry go round. It’s a failed strategy….don’t repeat it in college games

My sentiments exactly.
That's why it isn't fun anymore for me to watch UK. This mindset that we have to have every top 10 recruit only to watch the shitshow that we see has just simply worn out its welcome from my perspective. UK basketball doesn't mean shit to the players or the dumbass that is the coach. Apparently it doesn't mean shit to the so called AD or those sitting on the board.
Agreed. It's a damn shame.

Reactions: Catfan2226
Even if it was on the players who recruited those players?

The coach is abysmal and this team should have 4 losses max.

I am so sick of losing games the program shouldn't be losing. I'm also sick of having so many injuries each season. Law of averages ever gonna kick in? Geez

Who exactly can Cal win with nowadays?

Retuned the NPOY- 6 seed, second round exit

Team full of guys who’ll play in the nba- trending for another 6 seed

The staff and players have all changed the last 4 years, there’s only been one constant.

Who exactly can Cal win with nowadays?

Retuned the NPOY- 6 seed, second round exit

Team full of guys who’ll play in the nba- trending for another 6 seed

The staff and players have all changed the last 4 years, there’s only been one constant.

Idk that we get a 6 seed this year. That was a gift from the committee last year with a manageable path and Cal still blew it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT