ADVERTISEMENT

Enes Kanter: Durant "took the easy way."

Stars are doing that today because of the inept ability of many NBA front offices to put a contender together around 1-2 superstars. LeBron left Cleveland because they spent 8 years not getting him any help. It's not like these guys aren't giving them a chance, they just aren't doing it. It generally takes 2 Allstars and a bunch of really good to great role players or 3 Allstars with a bunch of good to really good players to win a championship. Front offices that draft these superstars have a hard time accumulating enough talent around them to compete. Look at Wall, Davis, Cousins. Davis and Cousins have a combined what, 2 playoff appearances. And that is for 2 of the top front court players in the NBA. T-Wolves might have a chance if they can add a couple of players in the next couple of years while their young team is growing. LeBron returned to Cleveland when they had enough talent to help him. It might even be the case that this was the plan the whole time.

I do however look at the KD situation a little differently. He left a team that was competing in the West, for a team that was the best in the NBA already. But we should really be crediting the Warriors front office more than anything. They built a contender with smart draft choices and moves, while leaving enough cap space to sign another superstar. The Warriors built a super team, probably the best ever, but they aren't that much better than the Celtics or Lakers in the 80s, or the Bulls of the late 90s, or even SA in their hey day a few years ago. I mean, I'm not so sure that the second best team in the NBA isn't SA right now. If they were to get another high level player before next season, they may take the Warriors down.

Lebron didn't join a 73 win team. That Miami team was nowhere near as dominant as:

Jordan/Pippen/Rodman Bulls
or Kobe/Shaq Lakers
or the Durant Warriors.

The Lebron hate is pretty ridiculous, outside of "The Decison", which I agree was pretty lame.

Cheap argument. Miami also added a healthy stud in Bosh. If Bosh had already been on Miami before LEbron got there Miami probably still would have been right there to go to the NBA finals battling the Celtics and Lebron's Cavs in the 2-3 years prior. So no duh a team without Lebron AND CHRIS BOSH wasn't a loaded as a 70+ win team. Great analysis dude.

Lebron then went back to Cleveland and made sure they got 26 and 13 Kevin Love in a trade to form another big 3 of studs.

And of course Miami with Lebron and company was not as good as the Jordan teams or this year's Warriors. I'm not so sure the Lebron Miami teams could not have competed and beat the Shaq/Kobe teams. Those Laker teams were role players outside of those two.

And you are just making up "hate" I just correctly mentioned Lebron went to form a super team as well. The only difference is Durant's was already in place, built through the draft, aka doing it the right away acccording to some on here.

The whole thunder team needs to get over it. Yeah he took the easy way out, but it's been a year. Get over it.

You can twist what I was saying all you want and call me names but the fact of the matter is that I was saying Cal did what was best for him and made him happy, and so did KD.... it's really that simple, and it's very obvious unless you want to twist it......which you do. You're looking for someone to call names so you can feel better about yourself...so have at it. Feel bad for ya.
Stop the self-righteous crap what Cal went to and the work he had to do does not compare with the easy road to a championship KD took. it has nothing to do with feeling better about myself. You come here spewing your agenda driven trash and I chose to share my opinion of your opinion and of how you come across. I could have picked: jerk, troll, or moron but I didn't want to be harsh.

Wasn't the easy way out. He still had to put golden state on his back. Hell if love and kyrie don't get injured golden state loses in 14-15 too. Injuries saved the dubs. So if Durant doesn't join, warriors lose three in a row to Lebron. No he made the best decision of his career. Now Boston is making moves and Cavs won't be back. Fantastic decision

The way he's winning in Indiana?
We're criticizing a guy for going somewhere that increases his odds of success. The only reason for George to go to LA right now is because it's nice to live in LA. They are still years away from being a competetive team. Your best hope is that LeBron comes next year but even then you are not beating the Warriors.

Bunch of asshats killing the league by making superteams. It MUST BE STOPPED. A limit of salary or a limit of all star players must be put in place. Something must be done to give the league parity. The same ol' teams every damn year. I hate it.
Superteams have been keeping the Kentucky players out of the playoffs or barely having a chance in the playoffs also.

You know this "killing the league stuff that must be stopped" just generated the highest rated finals in NBA history.

I'm predicting the NBA does just the opposite. More and more teams will look to form super teams. (That's capitalism at it's best.) There are another 5-7 teams that are 1-2 players away from being great. 4-6 super teams would create even more intrigue. I think it's the future and not something to 'kill.'

Players like Paul George and Jimmy Butler (that's just this year's players) can change the league by choosing certain teams. Imagine one of them on ...

Wizards with Wall & Beal
Pelicans with Boogie & Davis
Celtics
Clippers
Spurs

All 5 of these teams would be a threat to anyone with the addition of an All-Star caliber player.

We're criticizing a guy for going somewhere that increases his odds of success. The only reason for George to go to LA right now is because it's nice to live in LA. They are still years away from being a competetive team. Your best hope is that LeBron comes next year but even then you are not beating the Warriors.

I am well aware of what Durant is being criticized for.

My point is that George is looking to take on a tougher challenge, even when he could easily coax his way to a team like Boston.

And his desire to go to LA is about more than just quality of life.

I am well aware of what Durant is being criticized for.

My point is that George is looking to take on a tougher challenge, even when he could easily coax his way to a team like Boston.

And his desire to go to LA is about more than just quality of life.
He's not looking for a challenge. He just wants to live in LA.

I'm tuning in now and reading a lot of posts criticizing a player for going to a team that gave him a ton of money, surrounded himself with great players, and gave him a massive opportunity to win a championship?

Am I missing some thing here? Should he have went to a bottom feeder to prove himself? He's done that? Should he have stayed where he was to placate a fan base that has no place in his actual life? I don't get it? Dude wanted to win a title, so he went and did it the best way he figured he could. Congrats to the dude!

Take every opportunity you get in life, cause sooner or later, the opportinuties get fewer and father between. I really see no reason to even have issue with it? To those that do, well, whatever.

BTW - I barely watch the NBA. im thinking in terms of business and life in general. Bash away if you so choose; just know, I don't care!!!! Have a great day to all.

Anybody calling Durant a wuss for leaving OKC needs to also call Cal out for leaving Memphis for UK.......or admit they are a hypocrite.

?

Cal leaving for his dream job?

Durant's dream job wasn't GS. lol

How did you pull this out of your caboose so easily?

?

Cal leaving for his dream job?

Durant's dream job wasn't GS. lol

How did you pull this out of your caboose so easily?

Both guys CLEARLY left where they were for what they thought would make them happier..... and they both made good choices. Anybody that's not a chump can see that....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT