ADVERTISEMENT

Enes Kanter: Durant "took the easy way."

I knew all of OKC would be royally butthurt over Durant leaving, but most are hypocrites as they would have done the exact same thing if they lived in freaking Oklahoma. Life's too short to do what others want you to do as they want you to do what's best for THEM, not you.

Meh. I think he's going to end up being a top 20 player all time. He got his ring so now idiots won't hold that against him. To me the karma balances out because he might already have one if OKC hadn't had such terrible luck with health.

Reactions: WCSPlayedWRInHS
Enes would be better served to just move on...

I agree. Even though he never suited up in a game for UK, I still consider him one of our's and wish him the best.

But, Enes does a lot of talking and seems to relish in the role of "stirring the pot." I don't think he would have rejected a GSW offer if they attempted to sign him.

Reactions: AlbanyWildCat
I'm not inherently against these superstars going after titles anyway they can..

But if you're one of the Lebron haters, who undoubtedly thinks he's in the wrong because he's been more active chasing titles than Kobe/MJ were.. you better double up on the KD hate. What Durant did is on a whole different level than anything Lebron did.. "The Decision" aside, of course.

He did take the easy way, no doubt.
And no doubt, most NBA players would do the same, given the chance.
No NBA star player wants to retire like Barkley, Ewing, Stockton, Malone, or Baylor, without a title.

He did take the easy way, no doubt.
And no doubt, most NBA players would do the same, given the chance.
No NBA star player wants to retire like Barkley, Ewing, Stockton, Malone, or Baylor, without a title.

Yeah Baylor had tough luck as he retired in 71-72 when the Lakers went on to dominate and win a title. To their credit they did give him a championship ring.

And I agree with the other poster that you can't hate on Lebron and give Durant a pass. I'm not gonna hate on either of them. Winning is what is most important. Durant is probably going to win 2-3 in a row here at least and stop Lebron from winning more in the process so a big win for Durant and his legacy and a big hit for Lebron's. That said, Lebron is savvy and will abandon Cleveland and form another super team somewhere that can compete well with GS IMO.

lets see if Westbrook sticks around before anyone passes judgement on Durant.

Its one thing if you go to a good team and just ride their coattails. Its another when you go and become the MVP

Lebron didn't join a 73 win team. That Miami team was nowhere near as dominant as:

Jordan/Pippen/Rodman Bulls
or Kobe/Shaq Lakers
or the Durant Warriors.

The Lebron hate is pretty ridiculous, outside of "The Decison", which I agree was pretty lame.
Maybe not, but they made it pretty obvious their intentions.

Bunch of asshats killing the league by making superteams. It MUST BE STOPPED. A limit of salary or a limit of all star players must be put in place. Something must be done to give the league parity. The same ol' teams every damn year. I hate it.
Superteams have been keeping the Kentucky players out of the playoffs or barely having a chance in the playoffs also.

Anybody calling Durant a wuss for leaving OKC needs to also call Cal out for leaving Memphis for UK.......or admit they are a hypocrite.

Reactions: IUSUMMERS
lets see if Westbrook sticks around before anyone passes judgement on Durant.

Its one thing if you go to a good team and just ride their coattails. Its another when you go and become the MVP

Do you mean in the sense that Westbrook could very well go the same route? If so, those are two different scenarios.. Durant left a borderline contender where as Westbrook is leaving a middle-of-the-road team that isn't in a good position to turn it around..

I'd like to see Russ stay as kind of an FU to Durant and anyone else trying to make a super team.. but I can't blame him for wanting out. He's a top5 player, and if a franchise can't help a guy like that have a shot at a title.. tough titty.

Do you mean in the sense that Westbrook could very well go the same route? If so, those are two different scenarios.. Durant left a borderline contender where as Westbrook is leaving a middle-of-the-road team that isn't in a good position to turn it around..

They were more than "borderline". They blew the WCF last year, and Durant was central to the game 7 loss.

Such a ridiculous statement.. I would say apples and oranges but it's not even that comparable.

Bull Butter. Cal left Memphis to sit at the big boy table (his own exact words) and Durant did THE EXACT SAME THING. I love Cal, he did what made HIM happy, and so did Durant.

Reactions: musrat59
Bull Butter. Cal left Memphis to sit at the big boy table (his own exact words) and Durant did THE EXACT SAME THING. I love Cal, he did what made HIM happy, and so did Durant.

Cal was already the best recruiter in college Bball at Memphis. You might have a case if UK already had a staff of great coaches and recruiters before he came, but we didn't. I'm not going to entertain this stupid idea anymore lol.

Cal was already the best recruiter in college Bball at Memphis. You might have a case if UK already had a staff of great coaches and recruiters before he came, but we didn't. I'm not going to entertain this stupid idea anymore lol.

Cal left for a better gig, so did Durant. You know it and so do I. The two are very much alike in that they do what's best for them.

Reactions: musrat59
Thing is OKC was right there with Russ and KD, should have knocked GSW no ifs ands or buts. Add in another player there and they would have been the favs. Hell with it anyway..

Anybody calling Durant a wuss for leaving OKC needs to also call Cal out for leaving Memphis for UK.......or admit they are a hypocrite.
Ok I use to just think you were stupid but now you proved it. Cal inherited a hot mess....KD went to a very established team. Cal literally revived a dynasty.

Reactions: HexxenHammer
Ok I use to just think you were stupid but now you proved it. Cal inherited a hot mess....KD went to a very established team. Cal literally revived a dynasty.

You can twist what I was saying all you want and call me names but the fact of the matter is that I was saying Cal did what was best for him and made him happy, and so did KD.... it's really that simple, and it's very obvious unless you want to twist it......which you do. You're looking for someone to call names so you can feel better about yourself...so have at it. Feel bad for ya.

Last edited:
I'm not inherently against these superstars going after titles anyway they can..

But if you're one of the Lebron haters, who undoubtedly thinks he's in the wrong because he's been more active chasing titles than Kobe/MJ were.. you better double up on the KD hate. What Durant did is on a whole different level than anything Lebron did.. "The Decision" aside, of course.

I see it how I see it, I do not hate Lebron, and I don't hate durant.

Lebron needs to stay put and not jump again. I think it's clear why he left Miami, and it wasn't "to go home". He's got half of America believing it though, so if he leaves again his legacy will be badly diminished imo. Hater or not, jumping rosters and chasing titles is viewed negatively for a guy of his image and status.

Durant isn't of Lebrons Image. He's a lesser tier, and therefore the damage isn't as bad. But for anyone who believed Durant wasn't a Lebron / Kobe / Jordan / Bird type of alpha, going to GS in order to win only verified it.

I think they're totally different situations, but fans will respect players more who show loyalty to their teams. I think it's just the nature of the beast.

I see it how I see it, I do not hate Lebron, and I don't hate durant.

Lebron needs to stay put and not jump again. I think it's clear why he left Miami, and it wasn't "to go home". He's got half of America believing it though, so if he leaves again his legacy will be badly diminished imo. Hater or not, jumping rosters and chasing titles is viewed negatively for a guy of his image and status.

Durant isn't of Lebrons Image. He's a lesser tier, and therefore the damage isn't as bad. But for anyone who believed Durant wasn't a Lebron / Kobe / Jordan / Bird type of alpha, going to GS in order to win only verified it.

I think they're totally different situations, but fans will respect players more who show loyalty to their teams. I think it's just the nature of the beast.

Part of it was going home. Home is where he began, and leaving (w/out a title) tarnished his legacy.

Cleveland never won anything, so he went back and helped that franchise and city breakthrough.

However, Cleveland won the lottery and got the #1 pick in the draft THREE TIMES in 4 years prior to his return.

One of the quotes that came out of the early discussions between Lebron's agent and Cavs' management in the summer of '14 was that Lebron "liked the moves" the Cavs had made.

What moves?!? Winning the lottery 3 times? Drafting Anthony Bennett?

Granted, one of the picks was acquired from the Clippers, but it was still luck that they won #1, as the pick was originally slotted somewhere around #8.

So, they drafted Kyrie, Bennett, and Wiggins. Those were their moves, and Lebron wanted nothing to do with Wiggins.

Oh, and they hired Dave Blatt to be their coach. How much did Lebron like that move?

In short: Lebron went back to restore his legacy, but that option was primarily on the table because Cleveland had the #1 pick 3 of 4 years and two of those picks (Irving and Wiggins) were extremely valuable assets.

Now, in fairness to Lebron, not just anybody could have joined that team in Cleveland and taken them to the Finals 3 straight years. And, not just anybody could have made Kevin Love view Cleveland as the best place to "allow" a trade and to ultimately re-sign.

But, without those lucky ping pong balls, this probably never happens, and the beautiful homecoming narrative wouldn't have been in play.

Thing is OKC was right there with Russ and KD, should have knocked GSW no ifs ands or buts. Add in another player there and they would have been the favs. Hell with it anyway..
KD did not want to play with Westbrooke any more. They got along in the press, but not in real life. KD wanted a better situation.
If he would have gone to the Spurs would it have made anyone any happier.
Just image KD running with Leonard, Parker and Gasol. Aldridge would not have been there, but imagine if he was with that group.
Anywhere he would have gone was going to have established top notch players and be a contender.

He chose the easy way out and he won a championship. That was his choice. Can't hate him for it or say he's great for it either. He won and kanter needs to start worrying about himself

This is a bad argument. I'd see it if he averaged 8ppg, but he was the FINALS MVP. I'm a Cleveland/LeBron fan but Durant was unstoppable. He hit multiple f*** you shots in the games and won MVP. not the easy way. Easier than thru OKC but he still earned it.

Reactions: Wildcatfan2381
Durant was Finals MVP. He was the main reason GSW just won a title. People need to quit dumping on the guy for following the same trend every other superstar in this sport is doing.

ADVERTISEMENT