ADVERTISEMENT

Embarrassing

We got problems. And frankly, we look poorly coached. Stoops better turn this ship around quick, cause this is flat out disgusting. Vandy will punk this team. Jesus. I’m done tonight. But that shit ain’t cutting it.

Georgia scored 1 more point today against Ball State than we did last week

Tennessee only lead Austin Peay 13-6 at the half

Want to be a moron fan, have at it.
If you watched today's game and don't have concerns about our performance, I need you to look in the mirror and ask who's the moron fan. Did UGA put in their 2nd or 3rd stringers today? UGA would've drummed us today by 30.

Yeah, we won. We looked like ASS for three quarters. I'm not hitting the panic button, but woof we looked awful today.

Now, all that can be cured by coming out against Akron and performing like we should be able to.

We had a defensive touchdown, a TD kick return, and a last second TD (which shouldn’t have happened). That Ball St game should have been much closer.

I really like stoops and hope it gets better but after watching us today and watching these later games we don’t seem any closer to the really good ones than we ever have..with the time he’s had here we still don’t compare . I hope I’m proven wrong

I really like stoops and hope it gets better but after watching us today and watching these later games we don’t seem any closer to the really good ones than we ever have..with the time he’s had here we still don’t compare . I hope I’m proven wrong
Isn't Stoops probably UK's greatest modern era coach? Maybe 10 wins is the most a fan can ever expect at UK... which isn't bad.

We aren’t as good as Georgia or Tennessee and if you think we are you’re going to be a very sad fan.

Reactions: UKat1
Isn't Stoops probably UK's greatest modern era coach? Maybe 10 wins is the most a fan can ever expect at UK... which isn't bad.
You act like 10 wins in normal under Stoops. If it were no one would ever complain. It isn’t the norm. 10 wins is still “special” under Stoops. It’s rare. It’s the unicorn. It has happened twice, ever. If it were normal we would be happy. The reality is 7 win is normal and 10 is “the best we can possibly hope for” and it’s okay to be disappointed with that reality.

UK was favored by 35.5 and was outplayed most of the game. I hope this isn’t the standard Stoops has.
Well yeah. I sure hope so. I mean, you know, it’s only his 11th season as head coach. We’re going to need a little more time to know what his standards are.

UK played like ass the whole game. With 12:00 to go in the game we had a 4 point lead against freaking eastern KY. Cincy beat their ass last week 66-0. Anyone downplaying this game with no concern is unfathomable to me. If it weren’t for EKU’s horrid coaching at the end of the first half we likely are shutout and down 7-0 and ultimately behind in the 4th quarter. Worst play I’ve witnessed in person from a UK team in quite sometime.

So we play them both soon enough. Your going to be happy with losing to them? Because I bet we lose to both of them big time unless we get way better.

It would be nice if we could stay consistently in the top 15-25. Is that to much to ask of a coach who’s been here 10 years?

It would be nice if we could stay consistently in the top 15-25. Is that to much to ask of a coach who’s been here 10 years?
Yes. It is too much.

How long a coach is somewhere means jack squat. UK fans financially support the program and more importantly NIL among the worst in the SEC. Good players go where the money is, and UK fans don't give it out anywhere near the best 15 to 25 programs in CFB.

I mean, I'm sorry to speak the truth & reality to some fans unwilling to face it. Want to know why our program is where it is, where it has been, where it will stay? just look in the mirror.

Reactions: grevey35 and UKat1
Imo the offensive staff took the opponent lightly and it trickled down on that unit. We spent the entire first half force feeding guys to make sure touches were spread around. We didn't actually run offense until the second half and we looked totally different.

Another key that imo doesn't get enough mention is the staff crossover. They had 3 very recent additions from the UK staff. That's an unusual level of familiarity and I'm sure played a part to some extent.

Reactions: entropy13
We got problems. And frankly, we look poorly coached. Stoops better turn this ship around quick, cause this is flat out disgusting. Vandy will punk this team. Jesus. I’m done tonight. But that shit ain’t cutting it.
Why does Stoops need to turn it around? Now in the same position as CCC. He holds the cards.

I think I remember a 28-23 win in 2021 vs Chattanooga that got quite a bit of the same reaction this win is getting. That turned out to be a 10-3 team. Relax and enjoy a win. Complain about losses. I can remember not too long ago losing to mid majors quite regularly. So, I don't take any win lightly. I want to see UK as a 10+ win team every year just like any other fan. I do believe it is possible. But, after decades of being in the SEC cellar it takes time to get there. Stoops has got this team to 2 10-win seasons. If he has done it in the past, he can do it again. Starting next year, a 10-win season would be knocking on the door of a playoff appearance. Do that and the fortunes of this team will turn around.

Yes. It is too much.

How long a coach is somewhere means jack squat. UK fans financially support the program and more importantly NIL among the worst in the SEC. Good players go where the money is, and UK fans don't give it out anywhere near the best 15 to 25 programs in CFB.

I mean, I'm sorry to speak the truth & reality to some fans unwilling to face it. Want to know why our program is where it is, where it has been, where it will stay? just look in the mirror.
Stoops gets 9 mil a year and you say the fans should be paying for players to play? This all took the wrong direction with NIL BS.

Last edited:
All you have to do is look at history. Stoops teams are typically never prepared or interested when playing lower level comp.

Is it annoying? Very much so.

But we always win and then a few weeks later look like a different team when the real lights comes on.

All you have to do is look at history. Stoops teams are typically never prepared or interested when playing lower level comp.

Is it annoying? Very much so.

But we always win and then a few weeks later look like a different team when the real lights comes on.
By that argument, we can also count on a huge loss out of our bye week to Tennessee because Stoops obviously doesn’t learn from year to year. It IS annoying.

I am going to tell myself we are not opening the playbook yet.
Agree, or as someone else noted, perhaps taking too much for granted, for too long, in treating the game as a laboratory instead of a contest, with the result that the kids are not "locked-in".

Reactions: Catluv
We played bad Stoops knows it - I expect us to play really well this Saturday
My biggest concern is run blocking on offense and lack of pass rush with front 4 on defense
Very disappointed in Dline thought it would be a strength
They basically run on a treadmill all game

Love Stoops but almost every time we play a team like EKU he says we are going to play a lot of folks. That tends to make the team relax and poo poo the team we are playing. Should just play hard and pull the starters without ever talking about the other team. We almost always end up beating these teams but it makes the game close.

This what happens with a low expectation fan base. That’s why the status quo is and always be the norm as long as Stoops and Barney run the football program. At UK 7 win seasons get you contract extension s but at most SEC schools it will get you fired.

This what happens with a low expectation fan base. That’s why the status quo is and always be the norm as long as Stoops and Barney run the football program. At UK 7 win seasons get you contract extension s but at most SEC schools it will get you fired.

With Mitch at the helm our coaches are set! They get contract extensions and raises for achieving a high recruiting ranking. Talk about pressure!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT