ADVERTISEMENT

Ellen/Elliot Page

gamecockcat

All-SEC
Oct 29, 2004
Let me get this straight: Ellen, a very vocal lesbian and all things LBGTQ rights, has now come out as a 'trans' (no surprise to me as 'she' wasn't very feminine looking). Yet, he/she emphatically states that he/she is gay. So, 'she' was originally a 'he' who was attracted to women. Wouldn't that make 'him' hetero? Good God, a psychiatrist could make a complete fortune off this poor person's self-image. At most levels, I could not care less. At some level, I feel very, very sorry for this person who is very messed up in the head and, evidently, has some severe self-image problems. Somebody somewhere let her/him down and didn't get him/her the help needed.

Its okay. I’m sure you’ll be just fine, snowflake.

Snowflake? Huh? I just commented on how confusing this situation is and Yahoo is already trumpeting how 'courageous', etc. he/she is. I'm with Jumper on this one: this person deserves some sympathy and years of therapy. Not sure how that's a 'snowflake' reaction but, whatever.

And, yes, I also agree with WGAF except it showed up on my entertainment feed and I thought it worthy of comment. I assume you, Catman, disagree. More power to ya!

Snowflake? Huh? I just commented on how confusing this situation is and Yahoo is already trumpeting how 'courageous', etc. he/she is. I'm with Jumper on this one: this person deserves some sympathy and years of therapy. Not sure how that's a 'snowflake' reaction but, whatever.

And, yes, I also agree with WGAF except it showed up on my entertainment feed and I thought it worthy of comment. I assume you, Catman, disagree. More power to ya!

My WGAF is more directed at who cares what a Hollywood liberal proclaims, not at the OP.

OP you're wrong as well. She was born a she who is gay. Then decided she wants to be a he. So at no point prior to now was he a he. Still a gay trans woman who wants to be a man. I'm assuming he will work on becoming a he.

But look, it doesn't have any impact on your life. So who cares

Reactions: BigTyrone and UK90
OP you're wrong as well. She was born a she who is gay. Then decided she wants to be a he. So at no point prior to now was he a he. Still a gay trans woman who wants to be a man. I'm assuming he will work on becoming a he.

But look, it doesn't have any impact on your life. So who cares

Then I misread it. I thought the article said that she used to be a he not that she is going to be transitioning to a he. So she has always felt like a he. But, if she successfully transitions to a he and dates women, wouldn't the new he be hetero? See how confusing this gets?

I think I just gave myself a headache.

Reactions: Lexie's Dad
Then I misread it. I thought the article said that she used to be a he not that she is going to be transitioning to a he. So she has always felt like a he. But, if she successfully transitions to a he and dates women, wouldn't the new he be hetero? See how confusing this gets?

I think I just gave myself a headache.
I think my balls just turned into acorns. Damn squirrels don’t know I also have guns. Hehe. Crazy crazy times. Worlds gone nuts, good for the squirrels though. Jesus.

Meh, best of luck to him/her. Couldn’t care less.

Serious question. Why does she want people to use the pro noun they?
They is plural right? Is there more than one of her now?

A lot of political push to give in to the most intrusive/far-reaching aspects of the transgender agenda, but this is pretty straightforward.
The “they” pronoun is for people who think this is BS and are just like, “ he/she/it.”

Since at least the 14th century, they (including derivatives and inflected forms, such as them, their, theirs, themselves, and themself) has been used, with varying degrees of general acceptance, to refer to a singular antecedent.[37] This usage is often called the singular they. Today, it is unexceptional and often not regarded as incorrect, especially in informal language.[37][38]

• I say to each person in this room: may they enjoy themselves tonight!
  • Anyone who arrives at the door can let themself in using this key.
  • "If a person is born of a ... gloomy temper ... they cannot help it."— Chesterfield, Letter to his son (1759)[39]
Though the "singular they" has a singular antecedent, it is used with a plural verb form.[40]

They may be used even when the gender of the subject is obvious; they implies a generic (or representative of type class) rather than individuated interpretation:[41]

• 'Tis meet that some more audience than a mother, since nature makes them partial, should o'erhear the speech — Shakespeare, Hamlet
  • There's not a man I meet but doth salute me / As if I were their well-acquainted friend — Shakespeare, Comedy of Errors
  • If some guy beat me up, then I'd leave them.
  • Every bride hopes that their wedding day will go as planned.

Let me get this straight: Ellen, a very vocal lesbian and all things LBGTQ rights, has now come out as a 'trans' (no surprise to me as 'she' wasn't very feminine looking). Yet, he/she emphatically states that he/she is gay. So, 'she' was originally a 'he' who was attracted to women. Wouldn't that make 'him' hetero? Good God, a psychiatrist could make a complete fortune off this poor person's self-image. At most levels, I could not care less. At some level, I feel very, very sorry for this person who is very messed up in the head and, evidently, has some severe self-image problems. Somebody somewhere let her/him down and didn't get him/her the help needed.

dbyfvZZ.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: warrior-cat
Since at least the 14th century, they (including derivatives and inflected forms, such as them, their, theirs, themselves, and themself) has been used, with varying degrees of general acceptance, to refer to a singular antecedent.[37] This usage is often called the singular they. Today, it is unexceptional and often not regarded as incorrect, especially in informal language.[37][38]

• "If a person is born of a ... gloomy temper ... they cannot help it."— Chesterfield, Letter to his son (1759)[39]
Though the "singular they" has a singular antecedent, it is used with a plural verb form.[40]

They may be used even when the gender of the subject is obvious; they implies a generic (or representative of type class) rather than individuated interpretation:[41]

• 'Tis meet that some more audience than a mother, since nature makes them partial, should o'erhear the speech — Shakespeare, Hamlet
  • There's not a man I meet but doth salute me / As if I were their well-acquainted friend — Shakespeare, Comedy of Errors

The big difference being that this language wasn’t coerced back then.

This stuff is egsakly the reeson I droped out in the sixst grad.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT