ADVERTISEMENT

Ellen/Elliot Page

dbyfvZZ.jpg
Some threads I just read and have the same question. Generally I just read them and pass. I guess the person referenced is or was a receiver at one time?

• Haha
Reactions: blubo and JDHoss
The sooner this is normalized to the point that the media shrugs and doesn't bother to mention it, the better.

Because the only part of it that concerns me at all is that the sensational, sympathetic and somewhat glamorizing news coverage of the "heroic sufferers" who do this is seeping into the brains of very young, impressionable people who are deciding they are trans before they've had a chance to really form a sexual identity.

I have a friend who adopted a kid, and that kid has really deep psychological issues based on abuse as a baby. She's now changed and changed back sexual identities -- including to a male trans -- about three times. In her case, it is clearly a form of mental dysfunction, where she's seeking an identity that feels less painful than the one rooted in abuse. She's just an obvious example of what is happening to lots of kids. If you have kids yourself, especially in the suburbs of a big city, you'd know adolescents acting out by claiming a new sexual identification as a trans is virtually epidemic, considering all scientific studies have put the number of actual transexuals at an extremely small number, as it always has been,

So.... Technically if you are a man and you bang Elliot Page, are you gay or are you hetero? Considering she was a born a female. This shits confusing

My bare minimum, hard and fast rules for banging are as followed:
  1. You can’t have a Y chromosome
  2. You have to look like a woman
There’s nothing in there about the gender you claim. But still, Ellen fails #2.

I truly can’t understand why people let things that don’t affect their lives or anyone except the person involved affect them.

In a free society you don’t have the right not to be offended.
I think it has to do more with the fear of being cancelled for using the wrong pronoun

Reactions: Col. Angus
33 genders these days.

Guys, gals, and 31 kinds of queer. Stop capitulating to these loons. Its one thing if they do this in their own little group on their own time. Demanding everyone else embrace it and get on board...nah. You are what you were born as, period.
I identify as a unicorn these days because, "Women" just love those things.

I truly can’t understand why people let things that don’t affect their lives or anyone except the person involved affect them.

False. If the media and every other outlet would quit saturating us with all of this stuff we would not be talking about it. "YOU MUST ACCEPT THIS! No, I don't have to. Marches in the street and other interruptions in our daily lives do affect us one way or another. I don't care what you do inside the letter of the law, I just don't need you to tell me about it. If you tell me about it and then don't like my response to it that's on you.

Last edited:
False. If the media and every other outlet would quit saturating us with all of this stuff we would not be talking about it. "YOU MUST ACEPT THIS! No, I don't have to. Marches in the street and other interruptions in our daily lives do affect us one way or another. I don't care what you do inside the letter of the law, I just need you to tell me about it. If you tell me about it and then don't like my response to it that's on you.
Of course you’re free to respond any way that makes you feel all right.

My statement was that I’m not sure why anyone is concerned with things that don’t affect anyone’s life. If you’re not hurting anyone, in a free society, you should be able to to what you want.

Ellen Page becoming Elliott page doesn’t hurt anyone.

Reactions: J_Dee
I don't really understand these type of people because I don't have all these mixed up feelings and what not, but if that's what makes Elliot happy then so be it.

As far as I'm concerned, people should be free to do what makes them happy so long as it's not breaking the law or intentionally causing harm to others.

Because there are places where governments force people to essentially submit to acceptance of this, or else face penalty. That is wholly different than what you’re saying.

This stuff, ironically, is a threat to free speech.

I don't really understand these type of people because I don't have all these mixed up feelings and what not, but if that's what makes Elliot happy then so be it.

As far as I'm concerned, people should be free to do what makes them happy so long as it's not breaking the law or intentionally causing harm to others.
The problem is that there are going to be conflicting interests in many areas of social life.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Of course you’re free to respond any way that makes you feel all right.

My statement was that I’m not sure why anyone is concerned with things that don’t affect anyone’s life. If you’re not hurting anyone, in a free society, you should be able to to what you want.

Ellen Page becoming Elliott page doesn’t hurt anyone.

She didn’t just come out and say she’s Elliott. In the exact same statement she said there’s blood on the hands of politicians for not doing more to help the trans community because (gasp) 40 trans people were murdered in 2020 (how many of them had anything to do with discrimination is impossible). So she is pushing for nonsense that will impact my life, just because she forgot to take her crazy pills this month.

If you want to change your sex or have sex with whoever you want to fine, just don't tell me about it. That does not make you brave in today's world as some might claim. Kids in my daughter's school think it is cool and the in thing to do because, the media and social outlets say so. Next door neighbors daughter at 12 has a boyfriend and a girlfriend and is telling everyone at school about it. Yes Virginia, it does affect a lot of people because it has become the in thing right now.

If you want to change your sex or have sex with whoever you want to fine, just don't tell me about it. That does not make you brave in today's world as some might claim. Kids in my daughter's school think it is cool and the in thing to do because, the media and social outlets say so. Next door neighbors daughter at 12 has a boyfriend and a girlfriend and is telling everyone at school about it. Yes Virginia, it does affect a lot of people because it has become the in thing right now.

Sometimes I think the anti-bullying thing allowed the freaks to really come out. Ha!

I'm not going to jump on a side on this. I had a former coworker in a similar situation a few years ago. She had everything going her way professionally but chose to end her own life. I can't imagine being in that situation so I'm just willing to let folks do what they gotta do. I don't care what your orientation is, that isn't the answer at all.

I'm not going to jump on a side on this. I had a former coworker in a similar situation a few years ago. She had everything going her way professionally but chose to end her own life. I can't imagine being in that situation so I'm just willing to let folks do what they gotta do. I don't care what your orientation is, that isn't the answer at all.
That’s terrible. It’s also why it’s a mental illness.

She didn’t just come out and say she’s Elliott. In the exact same statement she said there’s blood on the hands of politicians for not doing more to help the trans community because (gasp) 40 trans people were murdered in 2020 (how many of them had anything to do with discrimination is impossible). So she is pushing for nonsense that will impact my life, just because she forgot to take her crazy pills this month.
What is she pushing and how, exactly, will that affect your life?

Because there are places where governments force people to essentially submit to acceptance of this, or else face penalty. That is wholly different than what you’re saying.

This stuff, ironically, is a threat to free speech.
Example?

Whats your definition of essentially?

There’s no threat to your free speech about the subject. In fact you’re discussing it now. However, people do have the right to verbally react to the speech just as you have the right to say it. Are you saying people will be mean to you online and that’s upsetting?

That’s how free speech works.

Last edited:
Example?

Whats your definition of essentially?

There’s no threat to your free speech about the subject. In fact you’re discussing it now. However, people do have the right to verbally react to the speech just as you have the right to say it. Are you saying people will be mean to you online and that’s upsetting?

That’s how free speech works.
The problem is when free speech is answered with cancellation..

Are you arrested for expressing an opinion? Absolutely not. Someone sees a Facebook post. That person contacts your employer. Employer fires you because your (what seemed to be innocuous post) violates their Diversity and Inclusion policy. Your unemployment runs out. You’re on the street.

Again, were you arrested? No. The actions taken against you, however, severely undercut the SPIRIT of Free Speech.

Are you arrested for expressing an opinion? Absolutely not. Someone sees a Facebook post. That person contacts your employer. Employer fires you because your (what seemed to be innocuous post) violates their Diversity and Inclusion policy. Your unemployment runs out. You’re on the street.

Again, were you arrested? No. The actions taken against you, however, severely undercut the SPIRIT of Free Speech.
So you’re asking for the government to step
In, make laws, to tell private business what rules they can make and enforce?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lamar Card

Freedom of speech doesn’t entail entail freedom from consequences of your speech. Do stupid stuff, win stupid prizes.

And also, private businesses don’t have to grant any freedom of speech. Therefore, the situation you posted isn’t trampling on freedom of speech because you legally never had it at that company to begin with.

Reactions: Mossip
Freedom of speech doesn’t entail entail freedom from consequences of your speech. Do stupid stuff, win stupid prizes.

And also, private businesses don’t have to grant any freedom of speech. Therefore, the situation you posted isn’t trampling on freedom of speech because you legally never had it at that company to begin with.

This guy has no clue what the 1st amendment means.

Zero clue.

The thing with “slippery slopes” or whatever I guess they’re called is that right now things don’t affect the average person but if you keep allowing the pushing and stretching of rules or morals then at some point it’s going to affect everyone and constantly ignoring the majority to cater to the minority pisses a lot of people off I reckon.

Social justice which most of todays consequence is in conflict with freedom of speech.

ADVERTISEMENT