ADVERTISEMENT

Ellen Calipari featured Interview

Apr 24, 2018
Sorry for the self promotion of this but we got to interview Ellen at the Calipari home a couple of weeks ago and wanted to share the experience and the story.

We did interviews with Ellen, Erin Calipari, Derek Willis and E.J. Floreal to learn more about Ellen as a mom and as a person as well as the early days during the UMass, NJ, Memphis stuff. She also discusses her hobbies and what her and Cal do outside of basketball. I can't tell you how many times I laughed at the stories told especially about Cal.

Just really awesome to see the human side of this family and our players. There's a lot of stuff that didn't make the cut so if you were curious on anything that I could help answer, I'd be glad to. Hopefully this can remain a positive thread. Big fan.

https://www.aceweekly.com/2018/04/meet-mrs-calipari/

Last edited:
BTW, you'd hardly know Cal was a basketball coach if you're at his house. The only bball things that exists are posters with Brad on it.

For some reason this website won't let me post what their daily routine is because they think it's spam but they're hilarious- taking the dogs with them to get doughnuts, to the gym, HGTV and Alaskan Wilderness shows at night, discussing it afterward and apparently Cal sleeps a lot.

Sorry for the self promotion of this but we got to interview Ellen at the Calipari home a couple of weeks ago and wanted to share the experience and the story.

We did interviews with Ellen, Erin Calipari, Derek Willis and E.J. Floreal to learn more about Ellen as a mom and as a person as well as the early days during the UMass, NJ, Memphis stuff. She also discusses her hobbies and what her and Cal do outside of basketball. I can't tell you how many times I laughed at the stories told especially about Cal.

Just really awesome to see the human side of this family and our players. There's a lot of stuff that didn't make the cut so if you were curious on anything that I could help answer, I'd be glad to. Hopefully this can remain a positive thread. Big fan.

https://www.aceweekly.com/2018/04/meet-mrs-calipari/
Excellent. Cal is a very lucky guy to have her handle all of this the way she does. Kudos to her.

I got a huge laugh at Ellen doing woodworking, building furniture, electrical wiring, plumbing while Cal can’t do any of that stuff and was the one who took his girls shopping and to get his nails buffed.

I didn’t put this in the story but Erin talked about how much Cal would sacrifice and go to be with a player in the middle of the night when they needed him and would sacrifice a lot of his time to be there for his players. Said it bothered her that the people who hate her dad can’t see all that he does and has done for his players even before UK. But that Cal doesn’t care one iota about what is said about him and followed it up with,

“Erin, you don’t do nice things to get recognition. You do it because it’s the right thing to do.”

You see this family on TV but I can’t tell you how bizarre and touching it was to see them as just human beings and as a family.

Reactions: musrat59
She really sounds like a terrific lady, but she should at least teach Cal how to change a light bulb. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Did you read the story about when Erin got mad about Cal taking the New Jersey job and what he had to promise to do if he made her move again? [laughing]

Reactions: musrat59
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT