ADVERTISEMENT

EJ out the rest of this trip

What I don’t understand is people blaming the S&C coach....EJ has been at UK for what six weeks and it’s the S&C coach fault?
No other team has injuries but Ky. Oh wait. There are teams that have injuries believe it or not. Tre Jones and Cam Reddish WILL NOT play on #Duke's Canadian trip. Reddish has a sprained groin, Jones dealing with a hip injury.

What I don’t understand is people blaming the S&C coach....EJ has been at UK for what six weeks and it’s the S&C coach fault?

It's a fair line of inquiry. If we'd gone 9 seasons without major injuries, and suddenly EJ is out after one preseason game, it would be completely unreasonable. However, we've had significant issues every season for the last 6, which almost begs the question.

How many seasons in the 90s were derailed by injury? Two: 94 - Dent and 97 - DA.

How many in the 2000s? Probably just 2002 with Jason Parker.

How many in Cal's tenure? More than the previous two decades combined.

So again, may not be applicable to EJ, but it's a fair question to ask.

No other team has injuries but Ky. Oh wait. There are teams that have injuries believe it or not. Tre Jones and Cam Reddish WILL NOT play on #Duke's Canadian trip. Reddish has a sprained groin, Jones dealing with a hip injury.
The Reddish injury sounds like something that would happen at UL

Some of you are really on the over-hyped injury train aren't you! If this were the regular season, EJ would be playing. This is called a meaningless summer game and if any of these guys made a simple injury worse, Cal would be crucified for playing him anyway. Relax and step away from the edge people!

Reactions: lkc1234
th

I’m not saying this is the case but remember, regardless of why a player doesn’t play, Cal will say it’s because of injury or illness. Not all of these “injuries” have been actual injuries.
Just a stupid take. Cal said he might not play the first game but he toughed it out and gave it a go. After that he decided to hold him out.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I was thinking the same thing. We have way too many injuries that linger on. Maybe the guys are being over worked in the S&C program, Cal needs to take a look at this.

Didn’t Baker’s condition come with him from high school?

These are meaningless scrimmages 3 months before the exhibition season even starts. When he’s healthy his minutes are secure. This makes it easier for Cal because he doesn’t have to deal with dividing clock for 9-10 players.

It was specified that he hurt his back. Are you saying they lied? Get a life.
Maybe not in this case but they have in the past. Just Cal covering for the kids. Not saying it’s anything terrible. Funny that you got your panties in a wad enough to quote me 5 times in one thread.

If anyone is gullible enough to believe that every single “injury” or “illness” we’ve dealt with since Cal has been here has been legit then I don’t know what to tell you.

Maybe not in this case but they have in the past. Just Cal covering for the kids. Not saying it’s anything terrible. Funny that you got your panties in a wad enough to quote me 5 times in one thread.

If anyone is gullible enough to believe that every single “injury” or “illness” we’ve dealt with since Cal has been here has been legit then I don’t know what to tell you.
My question why does it matter?

It's a fair line of inquiry. If we'd gone 9 seasons without major injuries, and suddenly EJ is out after one preseason game, it would be completely unreasonable. However, we've had significant issues every season for the last 6, which almost begs the question.

How many seasons in the 90s were derailed by injury? Two: 94 - Dent and 97 - DA.

How many in the 2000s? Probably just 2002 with Jason Parker.

How many in Cal's tenure? More than the previous two decades combined.

So again, may not be applicable to EJ, but it's a fair question to ask.

You better believe it is a fair question to ask. No one can prove it one way or the other but these kids are far advanced in training than they were back 15-20 years ago. They are all trying to get whatever edge they can for that draft coming up in June. There isn’t time for their bodies to mature naturally like they used to. Could very easily overtrain being so young and while some are still growing. Your review of major injuries for the last couple decades was eye opening.

You better believe it is a fair question to ask. No one can prove it one way or the other but these kids are far advanced in training than they were back 15-20 years ago. They are all trying to get whatever edge they can for that draft coming up in June. There isn’t time for their bodies to mature naturally like they used to. Could very easily overtrain being so young and while some are still growing. Your review of major injuries for the last couple decades was eye opening.

The other side of that coin is that medical technology has advanced leaps and bounds. Injuries that we would have considered minor years ago, and played through, can now be detected to be more serious.

ADVERTISEMENT