What can he do really well?
Shooting = C
Ballhandling = C-
Passing = C-
Defense = C
Rebounding = D
Athleticism = D-
Inside scoring = D

I have never in 40+ years of watching college basketball seen a player on any team be as bad at finishing around the rim as he was.
I think he could of improved enough to be a good/solid college player next year. But no way does he have a chance in the NBA next year. Someday, possibly. But not next year.

Our fans….”I hate this one and done nba minor league factory….I’m glad that freshman is gone! He didn’t do squat here!”

You got fans complaining they leave early in one breath and saying good riddance in the next.

I actually think that he likely did what many 17 or 18 year old kids would do and that is take time to adjust to a huge change. Once he gets more comfortable I could see him carving out a bench role pretty quickly and possibly work his way into the starting rotation somewhere.

I wish him the best. It didn’t work out the way any of us wanted it to, including him. I’m sure he would have loved to dominate every game, win it all, and go on to be drafted first overall. I don’t understand our fans getting angry at a kid because he didn’t perform to their expectations.

Our fans….”I hate this one and done nba minor league factory….I’m glad that freshman is gone! He didn’t do squat here!”

You got fans complaining they leave early in one breath and saying good riddance in the next.

I actually think that he likely did what many 17 or 18 year old kids would do and that is take time to adjust to a huge change. Once he gets more comfortable I could see him carving out a bench role pretty quickly and possibly work his way into the starting rotation somewhere.

I wish him the best. It didn’t work out the way any of us wanted it to, including him. I’m sure he would have loved to dominate every game, win it all, and go on to be drafted first overall. I don’t understand our fans getting angry at a kid because he didn’t perform to their expectations.
I'm not sure if people are necessarily complaining that he left early (at least not more than a very small minority). He is a grown adult and can make his own decisions. I think it is fair to point out that his decision to leave early was poor at best, and career ending at worst. The people around him and advising where not looking out for his best interest.

I hope he finds an extra gear and tears it up in the NBA. That would be great. I wish he could have done that at UK. I think Edwards and Boston are the two most baffling recruits we had during the Calipari era. They should have been so much better than they were.

I hope he does well but did he even get a guaranteed deal? I know he got a summer league spot but that doesn’t even mean he got a G League Deal. Edit: It appears he got a one year 2 way deal. I’d be very surprised if he makes it honest,y. He won’t get any PT on that 76’ers team next year. I’d be very surprised if he’s even called up to the big squad because they are loaded and need to win. Maybe the salary cap crunch gets him a bench role, but I’d assume they will looks to cheap veterans to fill those roles. His best shot is to show something in the G-league and hope a rebuilding team takes a chance on him with a cheap deal.

Reactions: chroix

We do hate 1nd. If he stayed this year, we would have believed that he would improve.
He did not. We don't care a lot about the league. Perhaps I'm speaking only for myself. I doubt so.

Shooting = C
Ballhandling = C-
Passing = C-
Defense = C
Rebounding = D
Athleticism = D-
Inside scoring = D

I have never in 40+ years of watching college basketball seen a player on any team be as bad at finishing around the rim as he was.
I think he could of improved enough to be a good/solid college player next year. But no way does he have a chance in the NBA next year. Someday, possibly. But not next year.
Jared Pickett

Shooting = C
Ballhandling = C-
Passing = C-
Defense = C
Rebounding = D
Athleticism = D-
Inside scoring = D

I thought we were remembering different guys so I looked at his stats as well as a half dozen draft scouting reports. Let's just say they don't agree with you and neither do 8.

Justin reminds me of many guys who just needed more time to adjust. If he adjusts this year in the NBA so best. If not, he'll adjust soon. He did shoot 36.5% from 3 and in the high 50's from 2 so I'm not sure what all you're saying but you simply seem to dislike the kid.

But will he be Brandon Boston "greatest player ever" good????

The kid should have returned to school. So glad Coach Pope is our coach now!!!

Except that he was NOT a “17 or 18 year old kid.” Instead, he was a 20-year-old freshman who turns 21 this year.

Edwards is simply a case of someone who got grossly overrated in high school because scouts missed the fact that he was a couple years older than the others in his class. Those other kids he was once ranked above have now matured and surpassed him.

I thought we were remembering different guys so I looked at his stats as well as a half dozen draft scouting reports. Let's just say they don't agree with you and neither do 8.

Justin reminds me of many guys who just needed more time to adjust. If he adjusts this year in the NBA so best. If not, he'll adjust soon. He did shoot 36.5% from 3 and in the high 50's from 2 so I'm not sure what all you're saying but you simply seem to dislike the kid.
Actually he seemed like a good/nice kid/guy. I say kid, but I think he was an old FR. So I liked him.
But I also watched him play A LOT MORE (every second he played) than any scouts. He was atrocious around the rim, like historically bad. And he didn’t seem to contribute unless he scored. And the stats showed he was a very bad rebounder for a forward, barely rebounding better than our 6’2 guards.
He has nice form on his shot, and a very good arc on it. But he does have a long and slow release. So unless he changes that he may have trouble getting it off.

Also, we’re those the same scouts that thought we would be the #1 pick in the draft (no worse than top 5) less than a year ago 😂🤣😂.

actually think that he likely did what many 17 or 18 year old kids would do and that is take time to adjust to a huge change.

Except he wasn’t….a 17 or 18 yr old kid. He was an OLD FR, 19-20 years old. Will be 21 in December. My son who graduated in May is only 15 months older than Edwards.

He has a Christian Leather game (10 for 10) against a Final Four team. You can't say he sucked all year. He was in over his head at first, started to climb out of it, and for some reason regressed at the end.

this post is reg

I'm not sure if people are necessarily complaining that he left early (at least not more than a very small minority). He is a grown adult and can make his own decisions. I think it is fair to point out that his decision to leave early was poor at best, and career ending at worst. The people around him and advising where not looking out for his best interest.

I hope he finds an extra gear and tears it up in the NBA. That would be great. I wish he could have done that at UK. I think Edwards and Boston are the two most baffling recruits we had during the Calipari era. They should have been so much better than they were.
They had no system that zllowed them to play to their ability. The dribble drive offense sucks and affects team play.

I'm old enough to remember the "BJ Boston will surprise people in the NBA" posts.

He's currently averaging 6 points per game on less than 40% shooting. Anyone that believed he was going to be really good has been surprised so far, that is for sure.

I think it's in the range of outcomes Edwards could be a rotational player. I think it's more likely he spends a lot of his career in the G-league and sits on the bench a lot if he gets called up.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT