What can he do really well?
Shooting = C
Ballhandling = C-
Passing = C-
Defense = C
Rebounding = D
Athleticism = D-
Inside scoring = D

I have never in 40+ years of watching college basketball seen a player on any team be as bad at finishing around the rim as he was.
I think he could of improved enough to be a good/solid college player next year. But no way does he have a chance in the NBA next year. Someday, possibly. But not next year.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
That's an ambiguous prediction. If you see a badger wearing lipstick, that's also a surprise.

I will say this. Do not care what he does in NBA. He can be good, bad or the worst does not matter. He could not do a dang thing here. Glad he has moved on.

I'll be surprised if he's in the NBA by Christmas, so the bar on "surprise" isn't all that high.

Our fans….”I hate this one and done nba minor league factory….I’m glad that freshman is gone! He didn’t do squat here!”

You got fans complaining they leave early in one breath and saying good riddance in the next.

I actually think that he likely did what many 17 or 18 year old kids would do and that is take time to adjust to a huge change. Once he gets more comfortable I could see him carving out a bench role pretty quickly and possibly work his way into the starting rotation somewhere.

I wish him the best. It didn’t work out the way any of us wanted it to, including him. I’m sure he would have loved to dominate every game, win it all, and go on to be drafted first overall. I don’t understand our fans getting angry at a kid because he didn’t perform to their expectations.

Our fans….”I hate this one and done nba minor league factory….I’m glad that freshman is gone! He didn’t do squat here!”

You got fans complaining they leave early in one breath and saying good riddance in the next.

I actually think that he likely did what many 17 or 18 year old kids would do and that is take time to adjust to a huge change. Once he gets more comfortable I could see him carving out a bench role pretty quickly and possibly work his way into the starting rotation somewhere.

I wish him the best. It didn’t work out the way any of us wanted it to, including him. I’m sure he would have loved to dominate every game, win it all, and go on to be drafted first overall. I don’t understand our fans getting angry at a kid because he didn’t perform to their expectations.
I'm not sure if people are necessarily complaining that he left early (at least not more than a very small minority). He is a grown adult and can make his own decisions. I think it is fair to point out that his decision to leave early was poor at best, and career ending at worst. The people around him and advising where not looking out for his best interest.

I hope he finds an extra gear and tears it up in the NBA. That would be great. I wish he could have done that at UK. I think Edwards and Boston are the two most baffling recruits we had during the Calipari era. They should have been so much better than they were.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT