ADVERTISEMENT

Edwards to wear #5

I think it would be cool if they had a black outline around the 5 on his jersey all year since he’s the first to wear it since. Or at minimum game 1
I don't think that works with the 'uni' portion of the 'uniform.' It would be cool but I don't think it'd fly.

Reactions: EliteBlue
I don't think that works with the 'uni' portion of the 'uniform.' It would be cool but I don't think it'd fly.
I get what you’re saying. Maybe there is a rule that they have to look exactly the same (as long as it’s still a blue or white Jersey that the rest of the team is wearing) but that would kinda fly in the face of captain patches etc. but if there is a rule then a black 5 patch or a black TC patch where a captain patch would go would suffice and serve the purpose.

We’ve already honored him and it’s multiple years passed now so the whole team doesn’t ‘need’ it but seeing it on the 5 jersey returning to the floor for the first time would be classy/cool imo

He needs to meet Wayne Turner, who also wore #5 and knows what it means to win at the highest level at Kentucky.

2 National titles.
3 Final Fours.
4 Elite Eights.

Played high school ball against Marbury, Billups, KG, Pierce, Jamison, Mercer, Abdur-Rahim, Vince Carter, etc.

2356e2bba0a54cbc840f4a627208a307.jpg

He needs to meet Wayne Turner, who also wore #5 and knows what it means to win at the highest level at Kentucky.

2 National titles.
3 Final Fours.
4 Elite Eights.

Played high school ball against Marbury, Billups, KG, Pierce, Jamison, Mercer, Abdur-Rahim, Vince Carter, etc.

Yeah sure, Wayne was great. Let's not forget the #5 that is #1 in our hearts... Razor Ramon Harris.

2 National titles.
3 Final Fours.
4 Elite Eights.

This was back in the days when UK had coaches Pitino & Tubby that hadn't destroyed the UK basketball program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT