ADVERTISEMENT

Easy cocktails - whatcha got?

Normally, Bourbon with a single ice cube (usually Blantons or Weller Special Reserve).

Sometimes vodka and cranberry with a splash is sprite or vodka and Red Bull.

Reactions: Kooky Kats
IMG-3626.jpg
IMG-3623.jpg

I guess bourbon.
Or Armagnac.

“Created” my own cocktail a few years ago. It’s basically the James Bond G&T from the book Dr. No + Angostura. The color gives the drink its name.

Pussy Galore:
In a large collins or pint glass over ice

2 shots gin
Juice of 1 lime or 1 shot if using bottled
8 oz tonic
2 splashes of Angostura

Over 50 years ago, I created a revolutionary drink that I dubbed a Bolshevik: Milk, cream, ice, vodka, tequila, bourbon, kahlua and crème de cacao in a blender. Great stuff to sip on and listen to a Zeppelin album, after hitting some herb on a bong. Those were the days …

Last edited:
Reactions: wildcatwelder
20 oz tumbler with crushed ice
3 shots (sometimes 4) of Grey Goose
Pineapple Juice
Red Bull

Very simple, but very smooth, and very delicious. I do not use a lot of ice as to not water down the drink. I keep my Vodka in the freezer, Red Bull in the fridge so everything is chilled and doesn't need a lot of ice.

Reactions: megablue
1 ounce dry vermouth (poured over ice in the shaker, then stirred a couple of time, then pour half out)

3 ounces Beefeater (stored in the freezer)

Lid on the shaker, shake 15 times

Strained "up" into a chilled cocktail glass

Drop in one stuffed Queen Olive

rim the glass with lemon rind

Perfection. An alcohol bomb that is guaranteed to improve your outlook on life.

1 ounce dry vermouth (poured over ice in the shaker, then stirred a couple of time, then pour half out)

3 ounces Beefeater (stored in the freezer)

Lid on the shaker, shake 15 times

Strained "up" into a chilled cocktail glass

Drop in one stuffed Queen Olive

rim the glass with lemon rind

Perfection. An alcohol bomb that is guaranteed to improve your outlook on life.
I know it's junior as hell, but vermouth is pretty good with either ginger ale or seven-up. Good stuff !!

A Summer cocktail that's a classic: The Aviation, it's about as old school as you can get.

• 2 ounces gin
  • 1/2 ounce maraschino liqueur*
  • 1/4 ounce creme de violette
  • 3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
  • Garnish: brandied cherry

Shake and serve up. (personally, I'd lighten up on the lemon juice a hair)

*Total Wine and More in Hamburg has the two liqueurs you need for it.

Reactions: megablue
Two of my favorite summer refreshers

22 Oz of Night Train on crushed ice with a cherry squeeze

1 Zima on dry ice with a Jolly Rancher on the bottom of the glass

A Summer cocktail that's a classic: The Aviation, it's about as old school as you can get.

• 2 ounces gin
  • 1/2 ounce maraschino liqueur*
  • 1/4 ounce creme de violette
  • 3/4 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
  • Garnish: brandied cherry

Shake and serve up. (personally, I'd lighten up on the lemon juice a hair)

*Total Wine and More in Hamburg has the two liqueurs you need for it.
If you STIR it and use Empress Gin, the color becomes electric… and it’s punchier as shaking dilutes the gin.

IMG-3087.jpg

Reactions: HymanKaplan
Boulevardier

1.5 ounces of Bourbon
0.75 ounces of Campari
0.75 ounces of Cocchi vermouth

Stir with ice then stain into a glass. Flame an orange peel over glass for garnish.

• Love
Used to do a good deal of mixology. But there were two problems: 1. A lot of ingredients go to waste unless youre making a lot or hosting a party and 2. Plain bourbon just tastes too good on its own. Its hard to beat.

But if you must know my Jungle Juice Recipe:

One large plastic bin.
6 gallons of Tampico fruit punch.
1 bottle of Everclear.
6-pack of Corona (for a little carbination)
lemon/lime/orange slices (or any fruit really, but optional).

This has wrecked hundreds of people over the years. Yes, hundreds. It had no alcohol taste, so people would notoriously come up to me at parties, say this punch had no alcohol in it and ask for their money back. I would say every time "come back in 20 and ill give you your money back".. and every single time, theyd be floored by then. Sometimes theyd even try to ask for the money back again, but this time, barely get the words out haha.

Boulevardier

1.5 ounces of Bourbon
0.75 ounces of Campari
0.75 ounces of Cocchi vermouth

Stir with ice then stain into a glass. Flame an orange peel over glass for garnish.

I'm intrigued. I'm a fan of Campari, and even though I've never used it in a bourbon cocktail, I can definitely see this working. I drink a half dozen screwdrivers a year maybe, but I always dose them with Campari, because I can't stand overly sweet "anything", and OJ, for me, is overly sweet.

Cocchi, Campari, and bourbon (might try it with rye even)

Definitely giving this a go. Good looking out.

But if you must know my Jungle Juice Recipe:

One large plastic bin.
6 gallons of Tampico fruit punch.
1 bottle of Everclear.
6-pack of Corona (for a little carbination)
lemon/lime/orange slices (or any fruit really, but optional).

This has wrecked hundreds of people over the years. Yes, hundreds. It had no alcohol taste, so people would notoriously come up to me at parties, say this punch had no alcohol in it and ask for their money back. I would say every time "come back in 20 and ill give you your money back".. and every single time, theyd be floored by then. Sometimes theyd even try to ask for the money back again, but this time, barely get the words out haha.
We used to do BYOB trash can parties when I was in the service. Hi-C/Fruit Punch etc. everybody pour in their clear liquor (invariably, some dick head would pour in a bottle of Yukon Jack LOL) then stir it with a canoe paddle. The worst hangover you can possibly fathom. Just horrible. And then, 2 days later, when you had to report for work, half the people still had pink moustaches from it. LOL

The Paper Plane

1 ounce BIB bourbon

3/4 ounce Amaro Nonino

3/4 ounce Aperol (not Campari)

3/4 ounce lemon juice

Shake, serve up.

paper_plane.jpg

Bourbon (honey bourbon is even better)
Lemonade
A touch of Triple sec

A lite summery cocktail. Generally, I start with a shot to maybe 1.5 shots of bourbon, fill a juice glass (12 oz) most of the way up, top off with Triple Sec.

Tasty without being too strong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT