ADVERTISEMENT

Durant to join Warriors per TheScore notification I got

Why leave? Stick with the Cavs. You get to the NBA finals each year with ease and got a shot in the finals regardless. You don't change teams just because you don't win the title every year or every other year.
Well because it's America and he doesn't owe an explanation to you or anyone else.

Everything in this post is wrong. Your irrational hatred of Lebron is strong. Durant was never the best player? He was MVP two years ago. Wade and Bosh better? Is that some sort of joke? What about Green? 73 wins doesn't mean anything? Title or not they were better than the pre Lebron Heat. So its ok for Durant to leave cause he was tired of losing? Why the heck do you think Lebron left Cleveland? Honestly this is your worst post ever (imo). This is Louisville level delusion and spin.
Exactly where has that guy been ? A few years ago there were definitely some folks calling Durant the best in the NBA and the Lebron/KD thing was debated by many

Reactions: pikespeak1
This thread is hilarious. He's not winning anything in OKC and everyone knows it, c'mon.

The ONLY thing he can be possibly criticized for in this is if you think he has some obligation or loyalty to OKC which he doesn't. He's been there probably longer than most of you have been at your current employers. He said all along it would be a "basketball decision" and if you can remove your anti GS bias and look at it honestly, it's really a no brainer.

And heaven forbid an NBA thread is made around here without all the Lebron apologists chiming in and defending Lebrons decision to go to Miami. Here's why it's not the same...KD doesn't call himself "King", Doesn't try to redefine "valuable" in MVP when he doesn't win it, and isn't or never was or will be crowned by many as the GOAT, not even close.
At his current age he is the greatest of all time. He has accomplished more than Jordan at the same age. He is on pace to finish his career as the GOAT.

Durant is option 1 on any team in the league. Warriors will probably roll everyone with that line up. Steph klay and KD is a lethal team from outside. Figure in KD and his size and it's scary. I'm not like a die hard fan of any NBA team but warriors will be fun to watch.

Mike Conley makes more than KD. Let that sink in folks. In fact. Mike Conly makes more than Kobe ever made. Worst deal in the history of deals. I want his agent. Maybe i can go from a nobody to the highest paid middle class person ever and become a doctor without ever going to med school. Because j mean, Conley isn't an All Star caliber player by any stretch and never has been now he's getting paid as such.

I think if you don't see why that was such an douche move I don't have the inclination to even try to explain it to you. The only thing I do know is that we don't need to have anything to do with each other.
Man leverages his celebrity to raise millions for poor kids and that makes him a douche? If you have a problem with that then you are a scumbag. So yeah, I have no problem with us not having anything to do with each other.

Mike Conley makes more than KD. Let that sink in folks. In fact. Mike Conly makes more than Kobe ever made. Worst deal in the history of deals. I want his agent. Maybe i can go from a nobody to the highest paid middle class person ever and become a doctor without ever going to med school. Because j mean, Conley isn't an All Star caliber player by any stretch and never has been now he's getting paid as such.

That is probably your most intelligent post on this site lol. Mike Conley making $30 million a year is downright offensive.

If you think Mike Conley is a nobody then I guess you don't watch the NBA . I'm surprised people are still complaining about the contracts being handed out since everyone is getting paid This offseason

People look like huge hypocrites complaining about this when we're taking advantage of this desire in players in college every year.

Hopefully they don't win. There does not seem to be any obvious problems with it though. They just crippled their main competition. The Spurs are the only threat in the west, and their age seems to finally be getting to them.

Some guys will come in chasing rings to fill out the roster. You can stagger the main four so you always have at least one or two of them on the floor.

They have the same weaknesses, but I don't know if anybody has the talent to make it matter.

I didn't see anything wrong with what Lebron did and I don't see anything wrong with KD's decision. It's all about getting paid and winning championships. He set himself up pretty good.

I can't say i'll be a fan of the Warriors this coming season. I don't blame them. When you can sign one of the best players in the game to an already loaded roster, you do it. No questions asked. If Durant was leaving a roster that had no hope of ever winning anything and sign somewhere that by adding him would put them over the edge, i wouldn't mind. The fact he decided to sign with a team that won 73 games and has the best talent on their roster in the entire Nba after talking major ish when LeBron decided to leave Miami, it's a joke. Why would you decide to leave the Thunder after being up to 3-1 on the Warriors? That would make me want to come back the next season for revenge on the Warriors. I would not want to join those guys. You can say the dude doesn't care about his legacy all he wants but we all know the truth is every player in history cares about their legacy. The Warriors are obviously going to be the favorites next season and with the roster they have right now, if they don't win the title next season, they should all just hang up their jerseys and give up on the game of basketball. This will be the most loaded roster ever put together. If the Warriors win a title next season, so what? Curry already has a title and it won't do much harm to his legacy. Durant doesn't have a title and with this move if they do win it all next season, no one is going to think he was the difference in winning or not. With LeBron, we all know he is the reason whatever team he plays on wins anything. LeBron going to the Heat is nothing like this. Curry and Thompson are both better players right now than Wade and Bosh ever were. The fact is, when you look at what the Heat did after LeBron left Miami and what the Warriors were doing before signing Durant, i think it's pretty obvious the answer. I think it's fun to watch so much talent team up and try to win a title. It's going to be a circus next season and if LeBron can find a way to knock this team out in the finals, all the haters can forget about it. LeBron's legacy will only go up and if they lose to the Warriors, so what? It's what they are supposed to do. It is going to be a fun season.

I didn't see anything wrong with what Lebron did and I don't see anything wrong with KD's decision. It's all about getting paid and winning championships. He set himself up pretty good.

This all day long...we sell our kids on coming to UK for one year to win a championship. This is no different.

calipari-haters.jpg

Reactions: ukfan03
Every single person on this board bashing Durant would do the exact same thing given the exact same situation in their field of work. Haters.

No on here is bashing on Malik Monk for leaving his home town to go play with a better team.
I think they are bashing him because when James did it they bashed James and now say it's ok for Durant to do it.

Reactions: michaeluk26
Honestly, watching the NBA suxs...granted being a Knicks fan adds to it. But these days, I only care about watching this guy. And there's a chance we might make the playoffs. The rest of the NBA is hot garbage.

Kristaps+Porzingis+Cincinnati+Reds+v+New+York+WyA77q7Cc0sl.jpg

Elite guys are going to do this more and more, especially with the cap rising. There will eventually be 4 or 5 superpower teams in the league, and everyone else will be a sh*tshow.

That said, NBA titles will no longer matter like they once did. Can you imagine Malone or Hakeem defecting in the middle of the Bulls run and joining Jordan? Would be look at Jordan with the same level of awe? Not a chance. This is the same stuff, and it this dawning of superstar alliances that will forever solidify the NBA as a league of comedic putridness.

You're an idiot. Rodman, Grant, Pippen, Kukoc. Yeah... they were pretty good. Hell, I bet they could've been one win away from the finals without Jordan!!

Idiot.

So Pippen, Rodman, and Kukoc are on par with Durant, Green, and Thompson from a pure talent level?

Pippen wasn't a top 5 NBA player when he played with Jordan. Durant is a top 3 talent. Curry is a top 3 talent. Green is a top 20 talent, and Thompson is a top 15 talent. Jordan, during his time, was #1 obviously; with Pippen toward the backend of the top dozen. Rodman was a top 30 overall guy. Kukoc wouldn't have even sniffed the top 40 during that era.

Bottom line, you'd have to add someone like Malone or Barkley to those Bulls teams to make the comparison a fair one.

Yeah he was.

Really? So which of these guys would you rate him above in 1996(year chosen due to it being perceived as the best Bulls team of all time)? Pippen, in comparison to Durant, would have to be #3 or #4 in the league in '96, so only two of the guys on this list (not counting Jordan), would rank ahead of him to make your comparison fair. Pippen has obvious long-term advantages over most of these guys, but in 1996 I'm not sure I'd put him among the top 3 or 4 on this list. Probably closer to 6 to 7, maybe even 8th.

Hakeem
Shaq
Robinson
Malone
Kemp
Payton
Miller
Ewing
Mourning
Stockton
Barkley
Drexler
Penny Hardaway
Hill
Juwan Howard
Richmond
Webber

Second part of the question. Would you take Rodman/Kukoc then over Thompson/Green now?

Jordan in '96 is on par with Curry in '16 (Jordan gets the obvious and exponentially greater nod due to having about 8 to 10 seasons where he dominated everyone and everything, whereas Curry has had about 2 comparably great seasons), as their statistical output is relatively comparable.

Do you realize that Pippen was all NBA for multiple years in a row? The guy was third in the MVP ballot when Jordan played tee ball.

His stats when Jordan was gone: All star MVP, led the bulls in steals, scoring, assists and blocks, 2nd in steals in the league, averaged 22 points, 8.7 boards, 5.6 assists, 2.9 steals in 1994.

Yeah... whatta slouch. Idiot. Juwan Howard. Are you retarded?

Just look at it this way, if LeBron was in Durant's same exact situation, do you think he bitches out and leaves OKC or do you think he puts on his big boy pants and carries OKC to a series win over GS next year? Matter of fact, if LeBron played for OKC this year instead of Durant, OKC beats GS this year and goes on to win the title.

FWIW, Conley's agent is his dad, a former track star who had ZERO prior experience as an agent before his son went pro. Think about that, perhaps the most one-sided deal ever cut for a player (seriously, he got 153 million for 5 years for an injury-prone undersized160 lb guard who's never been an all star and is now entering the downside of his career!) was negotiated by the dad agent with no formal training.

A fact that I suspect is scaring the hell out of other high-priced-agents who've convinced these players they must pay them huge commissions to negotiate their deals. "Umm... no, I don't, I can just hire my dad like Conley, he got a better deal than any of you've ever negotiated..."

Reactions: cardsfan53
I don't hold Durant on the same level as LeBron. LeBron was in the conversation for GOAT from day damn 1. ESPN put him there. And if you're chasing the greatest ever status--you get heat for teaming up.

Durant will in my mind NEVER be in that discussion. So, when he teams up, I don't care. He wasn't chasing the same status LeBron was. He's a really good player that wants to get some rings.

I like Durant but he can't carry James jockstrap. James is a much better player. James has never played with near the talent this Durant team will have. Take Durant off OKC and replace him with James, and OKC wins a championship.

I don't hold Durant on the same level as LeBron. LeBron was in the conversation for GOAT from day damn 1. ESPN put him there. And if you're chasing the greatest ever status--you get heat for teaming up.

Durant will in my mind NEVER be in that discussion. So, when he teams up, I don't care. He wasn't chasing the same status LeBron was. He's a really good player that wants to get some rings.

Nailed it.

in his prime pippen was a superior player to every non-center you listed

better than barkley, better than karl malone. one of the two best perimeter defenders in the league, saw the floor like a point guard, elite athlete in that era

in his prime pippen was a superior player to every non-center you listed

better than barkley, better than karl malone. one of the two best perimeter defenders in the league, saw the floor like a point guard, elite athlete in that era

You need to ease up on the hyperbole. Pippen was damn good, but NO, he absolutely was not better than Karl Malone, and he was not better than the prime version of Barkley (now the later version...).

Reactions: dvillecatfan
barkley couldn't guard his position and was an inveterate ballstopper and shit teammate

malone's overall impact on a game was not equal to pippen's, imo

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT