ADVERTISEMENT

Duke May Lose FOUR Of Their Next 5 Games

That's a brutal run... Even if we played that, I'd love to get out of there with maybe 1 or 2 losses.

They will probably come around late but very well could be pushing 8 or more losses. Defense is a joke.

Now that we know the logic by which the repulsive dookie John Feinstein votes for teams, it will be interesting to see if he uses that same reasoning against Duke when they drop a few more of these next few games.

I think this two game losing streak going into the UL game puts the Cards in a bad spot. Now the media perception is going to be that the Cards should win that game, whereas before they were playing with house money. A win would have been great, but a loss would certainly be understandable. Now that has kind of shifted to where UL SHOULD win the game. Duke losing handily at NC State was not a good loss but one that people were willing to chalk up to a bad night, but getting drilled by 20 at Cameron Indoor is a different level of losing. After seeing that, all indications are that the Cards should be able to handle them on their own court, but you've got to believe that Duke isn't going to roll over and continue to take their beatings.

Originally posted by UKCatsFan10:
I think this two game losing streak going into the UL game puts the Cards in a bad spot. Now the media perception is going to be that the Cards should win that game, whereas before they were playing with house money. A win would have been great, but a loss would certainly be understandable. Now that has kind of shifted to where UL SHOULD win the game. Duke losing handily at NC State was not a good loss but one that people were willing to chalk up to a bad night, but getting drilled by 20 at Cameron Indoor is a different level of losing. After seeing that, all indications are that the Cards should be able to handle them on their own court, but you've got to believe that Duke isn't going to roll over and continue to take their beatings.
Exactly - the Tard fans "good loss" excuse went bye bye last night

I hope Duke spanks their ass

Originally posted by backinblack2003:

Playing no defense and running around jacking up 3's isn't a recipe to win a national title.
i AGREE, but K has used this formula to win it at least twice (thank the selection committee for the easiest paths possible).

If there was ever a team that Duke could get by without playing defense it's Louisville. The Cards couldn't throw a beach ball in the ocean from 6 inches away.

The matchup to watch, though, will be Motrezl vs. Okafor. That should be fun to watch Montrezl slither back home after another no-show against major competition.

Originally posted by UofKBlue:
If there was ever a team that Duke could get by without playing defense it's Louisville. The Cards couldn't throw a beach ball in the ocean from 6 inches away.

The matchup to watch, though, will be Motrezl vs. Okafor. That should be fun to watch Montrezl slither back home after another no-show against major competition.
I disagree. Louisville's guards are similar to Miami's in that they are extremely quick. Miami essentially just spread the floor and attacked Duke's extended m2m pressure off the bounce. They were able to get to the rim at ease and finish or dump it off for a lay-up.

I think Louisville wins by 8-10.

Originally posted by uk_fan_in_tn:

Originally posted by UofKBlue:

I disagree. Louisville's guards are similar to Miami's in that they are extremely quick. Miami essentially just spread the floor and attacked Duke's extended m2m pressure off the bounce. They were able to get to the rim at ease and finish or dump it off for a lay-up.

I think Louisville wins by 8-10.
Pitino did this in the regional final 2 years ago to duke. Ricky has not forgot how to coach. He will do the same thing Miami did all night long. GBB

Originally posted by dlh331:

at UL
Pitt
at St John's
at Notre Dame
at Virginia

Darryl
I think you are giving your list more credit than it deserves. A loss to Virginia is likely and a loss to ul is possible but I have my doubts. I think Duke ends up 4-1 or possibly 5-0 against these 5 teams.

When will Coach K gets his hyped (deserved) 1K win?

ESPN gambled scheduling last night with their special on Coach K (opposite Sportcenter @ Rupp) and lost. If not for these 2 recent losses Coach K would be right on the edge. Now he is 2 steps back.

This post was edited on 1/14 1:12 PM by UKvisitor

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT