ADVERTISEMENT

Duke has the POY, Defensive POY and Rookie of the Year.....

Now you’re just throwing out baseless insults because you don’t want to try to put together a coherent argument.
It's a quote from Animal House jackwagon....I realize you've probably never seen a movie that didn't include sorcerers or wizards.

If K got the treatment everyone here says he does he’d have 20.
LMAO duke was gifted two games in the tourney last year with one of the best college basketball players ever. He damn near got gifted a third. The lack of fouls called on duke actually bit them in the ass, due to still having fouls to give at end of game, which was just sweet karma.

The preferential treatment duke and K receive is absolutely undeniable. He’s had literally every advantage known to man and still has difficulty getting it done. In summary, he’s overrated as ****.

They were lately okay as a team because K didn't manage it properly.

That team had more weapons than our 2012 team.

They had a once in a generation player (Zion), they had a transcendemt player (RJ), they had a 5* pg who, we were told, was the best on ball defender in the country (Jones) and they had another 5* burger boy wing in Reddish, who would have been a star player on.most other rosters in the country.

Sorry, but that team should have won the title, but if that ball rolls in, they lose in the 2nd round. If that ball rolls in, they lose in the sweet 16, then finally they lose in the E8 and got manhandled in the process by a team that got beat by Texas Tech.

K is a hell of a coach, but that doesn't mean he is any good at coaching freshmen.
I think that's the biggest difference between the 2012 team and that Duke team. AD was a star but played like a role player at times. He did what he was supposed to, and never brought any drama. Everyone had their role and bought into the system.
I never got that feeling with last years Duke team when I would watch them. They had Zion who played like a super star and everyone acted like he was the super star. Duke was too reliant on one guy. They absolutely should have won the title (not that I'm complaining) and they came up way short.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Haha, that's funny. Cal is the same way, if people question him, he takes the same stance. All the great coaches do it, even Roy Williams. It's just the way coaches are. Funny thing is, a lot of the fans on this board question Cal pretty often.
Bullshit. I also call bullshit on you being a UK fan as well.

Reactions: Blueaz
I think that's the biggest difference between the 2012 team and that Duke team. AD was a star but played like a role player at times. He did what he was supposed to, and never brought any drama. Everyone had their role and bought into the system.
I never got that feeling with last years Duke team when I would watch them. They had Zion who played like a super star and everyone acted like he was the super star. Duke was too reliant on one guy. They absolutely should have won the title (not that I'm complaining) and they came up way short.
And they’re too reliant on one guy again this year.

Reactions: SuporChin

I’d say he’s a little underrated at this point with how the media dislikes him.

And they’re too reliant on one guy again this year.
This is what I've liked about Cal's teams over the years. We've rarely had a team that was overly reliant on one guy. I think maybe the Ullis-Murray team and the SGA-Knox team relied a little too much on one or two guys. Other than that, most of his teams have had multiple guys who could drop 25 on ya.

Nah, you’re just an angry sports fan.
Nope. We do have plenty of those on here. Plenty.

I have posted here plenty of my dislike of the epitome of hypocrisy that goes on in durham. Their fans come over here for approval or to be the arrogant elitists they are. Their school is pretentious. Their coach is the definition of pretentious. Their fans the same.

There is nothng about that school that i respect in anyway or anyone associated with it.

Nope. We do have plenty of those on here. Plenty.

I have posted here plenty of my dislike of the epitome of hypocrisy that goes on in durham. Their fans come over here for approval or to be the arrogant elitists they are. Their school is pretentious. Their coach is the definition of pretentious. Their fans the same.

There is nothng about that school that i respect in anyway or anyone associated with it.

Nah, you’re just an angry sports fan.

Don’t know if Jones is player of year or not but he’s pretty good, way way better than our PG who he’s often been compared to.

Great on the ball defender, can finish at the rim, and solid outside shot. He does try to do too much at times which seems to be his biggest weakness.

Don’t like Duke and the tourney becomes a modified success every year when they’re eliminated. They’ve too often been given preferential treatment in seeding and were for sure gifted the title by the referees when Battier was a senior.

Not only in the finals against Zona but in the semis against Maryland. Against the Terps, Jason Williams committed 9 obvious fouls but was only called eventually for 4. Go back and watch the game. He was faked into the air by the Maryland PG at one point and came down draped over his back with no call. Was in the first half and would have been a critical foul that early, maybe his 3rd but the particulars escape me. PG was Steve Blake maybe.

The fix was in that year for sure. Vitale campaigned all year for Battier as player of the year and he got it and they weren’t going to let anyone else win but K.

That was deliberate cheating and you could never convince me otherwise. It happens.

Think the money Vegas was going to lose in 2015 if the Cats went undefeated had no effect on the bracket that year and the calls in the Wisky game? The refs can only do so much and Cal crapped the bed down the stretch that game but the refs did their part. In Cal’s defense he went with what had worked all year with Andrew controlling the ball the last few minutes. Only in retrospect did everyone realize there was a better option sitting on the bench.

Sorry for the rant, but Duke is the most overblown program ever. I told my grandkids if any of them ever go to Duke they are out of the will, same as if they ever get a tattoo.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Nah, you’re just an angry sports fan.[/QUOTE

Here you go...

OGC.ed1c8934234d7fa71e6304b691ecec27

LMAO duke was gifted two games in the tourney last year with one of the best college basketball players ever. He damn near got gifted a third. The lack of fouls called on duke actually bit them in the ass, due to still having fouls to give at end of game, which was just sweet karma.

The preferential treatment duke and K receive is absolutely undeniable. He’s had literally every advantage known to man and still has difficulty getting it done. In summary, he’s overrated as ****.
Can you imagine K getting screwed like Cal did in that Wisconsin game. I mean it was so bad they literally changed the rule!

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Yea... that’s why I said it...
You’re not a fan, your about 12 years old and don’t know $hit about being a fan. Our children are born fans. Puke fans are like robots no feelings, no loyalty, no basketball brains. Kids that attend puke are very smart very smart @ss’s. Get lost crawl back to your slimy board.

Don’t know if Jones is player of year or not but he’s pretty good, way way better than our PG who he’s often been compared to.

Great on the ball defender, can finish at the rim, and solid outside shot. He does try to do too much at times which seems to be his biggest weakness.

Don’t like Duke and the tourney becomes a modified success every year when they’re eliminated. They’ve too often been given preferential treatment in seeding and were for sure gifted the title by the referees when Battier was a senior.

Not only in the finals against Zona but in the semis against Maryland. Against the Terps, Jason Williams committed 9 obvious fouls but was only called eventually for 4. Go back and watch the game. He was faked into the air by the Maryland PG at one point and came down draped over his back with no call. Was in the first half and would have been a critical foul that early, maybe his 3rd but the particulars escape me. PG was Steve Blake maybe.

The fix was in that year for sure. Vitale campaigned all year for Battier as player of the year and he got it and they weren’t going to let anyone else win but K.

That was deliberate cheating and you could never convince me otherwise. It happens.

Think the money Vegas was going to lose in 2015 if the Cats went undefeated had no effect on the bracket that year and the calls in the Wisky game? The refs can only do so much and Cal crapped the bed down the stretch that game but the refs did their part. In Cal’s defense he went with what had worked all year with Andrew controlling the ball the last few minutes. Only in retrospect did everyone realize there was a better option sitting on the bench.

Sorry for the rant, but Duke is the most overblown program ever. I told my grandkids if any of them ever go to Duke they are out of the will, same as if they ever get a tattoo.
b-but since the 90s’

Cameron Indoor was also named ACC arena of the year. Their fans were named ACC fans of the year. Their parking lot was named ACC parking lot of the year and their soft drinks were named ACC drinks of the year.

Cameron Indoor was also named ACC arena of the year. Their fans were named ACC fans of the year. Their parking lot was named ACC parking lot of the year and their soft drinks were named ACC drinks of the year.
don’t forget the bathrooms they make a mean urinal cake it’ll melt in your mouth

Somebody forgot to tell RJ I think they should have fed Zion way more. Check out stats RJ was a black hole. Though K did a bad job with that team. Just seems like the refs hand ACC teams the game. No way UNC should of beat Arkansas and UK last time they won it was gifted to them!

Last edited:
Reactions: SuporChin
Somebody forgot to tell RJ I think they should have feed Zion way more. Check out stats RJ was a black hole. Though K did a bad job with that team. Just seems like the refs hand ACC teams the game. No way UNC should of beat Arkansas and UK last time they won it was gifted to them!
That whole run UNC had, they were gifted games. Almost every single game they were down in crunch time and the refs started gifting them fouls. It happened against Oregon and Gonzaga too. I can't remember a team getting away with so many fouls.

Reactions: Catluv
Duke's bracket Sunday night

Dayton
BYU
Western Kentucky
Houston
Indiana
Yale
Arkansas State
Central Michigan
Utah State

Kentucky's bracket Sunday night

Kansas
Oregon
Michigan State
Virginia
West Virginia
Iowa
Villanova
Florida State
UCLA

Reactions: Cowtown Cat

And their cheerleaders were ..... NAH

You’re not a fan, your about 12 years old and don’t know $hit about being a fan. Our children are born fans. Puke fans are like robots no feelings, no loyalty, no basketball brains. Kids that attend puke are very smart very smart @ss’s. Get lost crawl back to your slimy board.

I hope those lies you tell yourself make you feel better about your sports fandom.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT